Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

ThePsyEagle
04.19.2017 , 04:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDelectus View Post
I had the glitch as well and immediately recognized the uniform. I HOPE it is a Scion. Although it looked like the Scion was actually helping us...I was sort of confused in that.

My biggest fear is that the "Choices that Matter" will come back and haunt me in a big way. We choose a side on Iokath, and my worry is that the traitor is Lana or Theron, and that the game will make the traitor be the opposite of the faction you chose. In my case, I chose the Empire, because of my actions, I worry Theron could be labeled the traitor.

I really hope that Theron and Lana will remain as co-narrators for the indefinite future. I like them both and they do serve a purpose of representing both sides of the war.

I have two RP absolutes when I play.

1. I want the Sith Throne...the Eternal Alliance is a vessel to get me back to my origins. Acina and I could pull an Isabella & Ferdinand and co-rule together. I get the title Emperor and she has access to the Eternal Fleet to crush the Republic and protect the Empire.

2. Do NOT do anything to hurt Theron. He is my little love toy.

It would kill me if those absolutes came into conflict.
It wouldn't make sense for the traitor to be Theron or Lana depending on who you side with, since the traitor already started betraying us before we choose. He send the signals so all 3 partys came to iokath at first.

Aeneas_Falco
04.19.2017 , 05:59 PM | #12
At the very least Acina and Malcolm can be ruled out, since neither was part of the Alliance and either one can die during the events on Iokath.

Personally I think it is going to turn out to be either Theron or Lana, with the traitor being determined by your faction choice. The traitor was described as feeling hurt and betrayed, which would make sense for either one depending on your choice.

Nefla
04.19.2017 , 06:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
At the very least Acina and Malcolm can be ruled out, since neither was part of the Alliance and either one can die during the events on Iokath.

Personally I think it is going to turn out to be either Theron or Lana, with the traitor being determined by your faction choice. The traitor was described as feeling hurt and betrayed, which would make sense for either one depending on your choice.
Well it's female so it'd be Lana then.

I really do think Satele makes sense. She's so weird and spacey now and completely detached from everything, just communing with the force and such. She's alive in all playthroughs, has a connection to every player, and didn't help with Arcann because she had some mysterious mission to do that we never found out what it was. Plus if you side with the Empire, Jace's last words to Theron are "tell your mother I'm sorry" kind of an odd thing for them to mention her/remind the player of her as she was his ex lover from 30 years ago if they're not going to bring her up in the near future. The scions don't want to kill the outlander, they want him to take over as a "god" which seems like it would be the mysterious traitor's motivation as well. If they just wanted him and everyone dead they could have activated the weapon themselves, killed the outlander while unconscious and without a master the eternal fleet would start to go haywire and shoot everything again.

It could also be the ghost of Vaylin, ooohhhhhoo XD

Shayddow
04.19.2017 , 06:49 PM | #14
it's a shame we couldn't be neutral, like Switzerland.... :-(.

I will feel disappointed if it is either lana or theron as we are shepherded into using them as our "companion of choice" throughout both kotfe and kotet, and thus have to lavish gifts on them to help us in combat that could be otherwise spent on other companions we prefer to use.

Another thing I didn't like is that it "forces" an operation at the end - like the Dread Masters and Oricon. You don't have a choice like on yavin4 to either do an operation or do a solo-mode Revan-fight.
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Shepardess
04.19.2017 , 07:30 PM | #15
If they end up making it Theron or Lana that is going to be some seriously bad writing. It just makes zero sense for it to be either. Tyth says something about the traitor being full of anger and pain. That's not the case with either Lana or Theron. I know one is a spy and the other led sith intelligence, but what could the motives possibly be for them?

OldVengeance
04.19.2017 , 08:13 PM | #16
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards it being Satele Shan.

americanaussie
04.19.2017 , 08:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Shepardess View Post
If they end up making it Theron or Lana that is going to be some seriously bad writing. It just makes zero sense for it to be either. Tyth says something about the traitor being full of anger and pain. That's not the case with either Lana or Theron. I know one is a spy and the other led sith intelligence, but what could the motives possibly be for them?
What I don't get is Theron says he'll it could even be him. Wouldn't he know? Unless it was mind control but really.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

vadess
04.19.2017 , 08:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Well it's female so it'd be Lana then.

I really do think Satele makes sense. She's so weird and spacey now and completely detached from everything, just communing with the force and such. She's alive in all playthroughs, has a connection to every player, and didn't help with Arcann because she had some mysterious mission to do that we never found out what it was. Plus if you side with the Empire, Jace's last words to Theron are "tell your mother I'm sorry" kind of an odd thing for them to mention her/remind the player of her as she was his ex lover from 30 years ago if they're not going to bring her up in the near future. The scions don't want to kill the outlander, they want him to take over as a "god" which seems like it would be the mysterious traitor's motivation as well. If they just wanted him and everyone dead they could have activated the weapon themselves, killed the outlander while unconscious and without a master the eternal fleet would start to go haywire and shoot everything again.

It could also be the ghost of Vaylin, ooohhhhhoo XD
I'll take the ghost of Vaylin over it being Valkorian ALL OVER again.

Though Tyth did say that the person who's teh traitor's hope is erodihng away... So it must've been someone who believed in the Alliance at some point.

Is it Koth? Seny, maybe?

JLazarillo
04.19.2017 , 08:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
What I don't get is Theron says he'll it could even be him. Wouldn't he know? Unless it was mind control but really.
He's being empathetic. Basically, he's admitting that the commander has no way of knowing it's not him. He admits he can't prove he's not anymore than he can prove anyone else is, essentially. Or maybe he's the traitor and he knows that by acknowledging the possibility, which is something a traitor clearly wouldn't do, he places himself above suspicion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMz7JBRbmNo

UghkoffR
04.19.2017 , 08:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
it's a shame we couldn't be neutral, like Switzerland.... :-(.

I will feel disappointed if it is either lana or theron as we are shepherded into using them as our "companion of choice" throughout both kotfe and kotet, and thus have to lavish gifts on them to help us in combat that could be otherwise spent on other companions we prefer to use.

Another thing I didn't like is that it "forces" an operation at the end - like the Dread Masters and Oricon. You don't have a choice like on yavin4 to either do an operation or do a solo-mode Revan-fight.

I don't think it will be bad if it will be someone from the companions. Each companion has their story, their worldview. And depending on your actions will react to it. For example Theron or Lana, at first they see the hope in you, and you for example are on the path of the Emperor Vitiate and step over the line with their actions and goals, why they see you're not who you were before.

The second example, if you promise to kill Satele in the future, battle and you will win and kill her. I don't think Therone will be happy and will not turn against you. As and Lana, she's pragmatic, loyal to you, support you in many endeavors. Of course she's cute, but she still sith with all aspects of this concept. You never know what she's really thinking. Shiv Palpatin in the beginning seemed like a nice person.

Such actions reveal to us other facets of the characters. The only thing I would like to left us choice, such as Koth - to criticize, to kill... or to forgive, but not as much as it did with Vaylin, when we put before the fact - to kill!!! As many people would like to see her on their side even at the cost of some of the companions. They, like and i, already miss her.
May the force is serve you well !!