So we ever gonna get Kira back? Or a multitude of other companions?

Raagnarz

So how is it the primary companions, the love interests, the most developed companions are still MIA? At this point it can't be for story, is it because you guys don't have contracts with the voice actors anymore? New voice actors cheaper than older more established? The voice actors strike? Kinda sucks that a big part of the original game is just gone like it never existed. Yes I know you can yank them back from beyond via the terminal, but it makes no sense story wise to do that. And I don't play this game for the "mmo" aspects of it, I play for the story. Edited by Raagnarz

Well, the galaxy went to hell and they never showed up. Chances are they are dead. They all should have been brought back before the final showdown with Valkorian. At this point, bringing them back is kinda pointless, unless, somehow they, too, were frozen in carbonite.

I think even BW does not know where the story is going, they pretty much painted themselves into a corner where lowly Smuggler is the new Emperor.

Now there is a new superweapon in Iocath, which threatens the whole galaxy, they are moving the story into cartoon super villain direction.

They must be smoking some serious **** at BW to come up with these stories.

The whole KOTFE/KOTET was a daytime soap about dysfunctional/ family feuding.

Of course this is just my opinion and does not represent any kind of majority of SWTOR playrs.

Hey just wanted to say again how great a decision that was to take away everyones companions.

Hope the guy who decided and approved that still works there, love that guy. ;)

If anyone's sarcasm detector exploded, my apologies.

Edited by Smuglebunny

I think even BW does not know where the story is going, they pretty much painted themselves into a corner where lowly Smuggler is the new Emperor.

Now there is a new superweapon in Iocath, which threatens the whole galaxy, they are moving the story into cartoon super villain direction.

Of course this is just my opinion and does not represent any kind of majority of SWTOR playrs.

I think it's too soon after we seized the eternal throne for a new real threat to show up and make us HAVE to choose between allying with the republic or the empire. With the power of the alliance and the and eternal fleet I just don't see how republic or empire - or even them combined - could make us HAVE to do anything. They just don't have the power right now. I think they could explore a little more the fact that we rule the galaxy now and the option of having a more diplomatic approach with both factions - without allying with any of them yet - or a more belic aproach. That would be interesting. But maybe the storyline of "War for Iokath" will be reallly good and there will be an explanation as to why we will be forced into making that choice. I will play first and see for myself. It has to be a really good storyline though for me to change my mind about it being too soon for us to have make this choice. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are smoking anything. I just believe there were many options in terms of story they didn't explore as our characters being the rulers of the galaxy. But let's wait and see. Maybe "War for Iokath" will be better than we expect. I really want Kira back, but I think anyone who chooses to ally with the republic JUST to have Kira back in the future is ignoring a huge and good part of the experience in SWTOR - just my opinion.

Edited by IvanovKaramazov

I have held off taking my trooper in to the new add ons because you loose your companions. Its a shame we have no way of seeing what at least happened to them or the ability to bring them back.

I imagine they will have at least one more major udate and game add on to finailse this issue and bring it about full circle!

http://www.swtor.com/r/g5CWCS

I have held off taking my trooper in to the new add ons because you loose your companions. Its a shame we have no way of seeing what at least happened to them or the ability to bring them back.

Trooper, eh? Well you could try playing through the.. add ons, you might find out what happened to them :o

Edited by grania

I imagine they will have at least one more major udate and game add on to finailse this issue and bring it about full circle!

You do realize with this expansion, the trooper will have all his companions back right? :)

I'm thinking they might start doing semi-regular recruitment related chapters like this Iokath one. I mean it sucks that they haven't brought back the companion you want but they have been slowly bringing companions back one by one. Unless you mean you don't want a story chapter to go with it and just have all the companions unlocked for all the classes?

The love interests are MIA because they want to bring them back properly and not hash something together. I am on the same page. Now that they have wrapped up arkann/vitiate/vaylin.....companions are coming back. First is Elara and Malavai.

And you can get your old companions back in the new expansion, get to Chapter 9 of KOTFE, there is a console that allows you to bring them back in Odessan base. No spoiler as this has been posted multiple times. 2-5 hours of gameplay depending on how much you skip and how good you are.

I'm still disappointed my juggernaut didn't get to have a discussion about the emperor/being emperor's wrath/betraying said emperor with lord scourge (from the jedi knight story).

Maybe I'm weird but as soon as I had played through kotfe on my main (jedi guardian) that's what I started thinking of.

I feel jiffed lol. I get back T7 and rusk. I'm sure rusk has a fan base somewhere but to me he's just there. T7 I always liked though, so thanks I guess. Now I want scourge and kira. Ok fine doc too lol.

I want kira back :( (hug picture of kira in my arm)

I don't mean to sound like a downer but going by what we just got, you can look forward to 3 minute reunion with Kira and the rest of the time will be spent having warm fuzzies with Lanatheron.

I mean, you can stretch the reunion out by getting up and going to the bathroom or restarting it a few times before it ends, so there's that I guess.

Actually I think they do. Shockingly you can see kotfe and kotet foreshadowed in the jedi knight story and even a bit in Revan.

Actually I think they do. Shockingly you can see kotfe and kotet foreshadowed in the jedi knight story and even a bit in Revan.

And what exactly is "foreshadowed" about Kotfe or Kotet in the Jedi Knight storyline? There's nothing about Zakuul, Arcann, or Vaylin. The only things obvious from the JK story is that the emperor is not dead/takes incorporeal form and uses other "vessels" to do things through.

Even if it were, it makes no sense for a JK or some of the other classes to become emperor, just as it makes no sense for other classes to end up with some cobbled together excuse for a JK class story.

Ok they've said many times they're bringing them back. Just make sure to choose republic in 5.2 if you desperately want Kira. She may see you as the enemy if you side with the Empire.

This is one of the big reasons why I'm hesitant to even start Iokath on my main. They've broken precedent with this patch with the idea of long-term lockout due to decisions. Until I can safely assume there won't be any weird "butterfly" effects from this decision, I don't want to risk having to delete and restart my main again.

I don't mean to sound like a downer but going by what we just got, you can look forward to 3 minute reunion with Kira and the rest of the time will be spent having warm fuzzies with Lanatheron.

I mean, you can stretch the reunion out by getting up and going to the bathroom or restarting it a few times before it ends, so there's that I guess.

You do know I was joking right but I do really want her back even for few minute just to heard her joke's again :p

I think even BW does not know where the story is going.

They don't. Not with the companions at least. Charles keeps going on and on about how he has so many ideas about how to bring companions back.

Ideas. Not set in stone.

The guy took our companions away with some lame regurgitation of Mass Effect 2's intro and he has absolutely no concrete plan on how he's going to bring them back. Just ideas. He's writing everything by the seat of his pants.

A bit unsettling, isn't it?

Edited by AngFour

They don't. Not with the companions at least. Charles keeps going on and on about how he has so many ideas about how to bring companions back.

Ideas. Not set in stone.

The guy took our companions away with some lame regurgitation of Mass Effect 2's intro and he has absolutely no concrete plan on how he's going to bring them back. Just ideas. He's writing everything by the seat of his pants.

A bit unsettling, isn't it?

The thing that disappoints me is that they've moved from people being able to theoretically get every companion, to now splitting up the remaining missing companions. I'm guessing they're doing this because it means less writing for them and less time to bring them all back for us. If they make it so that you make one choice and that locks you out of half of the remaining companions in the game, that will be very disheartening for me.

Edited by AscendingSky

Devs, when you do bring Kira and other main companions back, please do it better than in 5.2.

Quinn and Elara's "return" was hardly a return at all. One of them got three lines and magically appeared in your contacts window, and the other vanished into thin air and is presumed dead. I've heard their returns were lackluster even if you're playing a warrior or trooper character, although I haven't played either of those classes through Iokath yet myself.

Most of us thought that we'd be running through the entire Iokath storyline with Quinn or Elara at our side, but instead we got Theron (who we've seen more than enough of for two years now). Please do the remaining companions better justice when they finally return.

(I will say though, I really enjoyed how Lana was handled in this chapter if your character romanced her. I'd love to see more of that in future storylines.)

Devs, when you do bring Kira and other main companions back, please do it better than in 5.2....

Most of us thought that we'd be running through the entire Iokath storyline with Quinn or Elara at our side, but instead we got Theron (who we've seen more than enough of for two years now). Please do the remaining companions better justice when they finally return.

So much this.

I like Lana and Theron, but they're being overused to the point of becoming tiresome. Instead of having Theron or Lana as your companion in the next update, it really needs to be the returning original companions. Just use Lana and Theron as bookends to set up and close the update's story, but have the returning companions accompany you during the update's action and story.

If Kira returns the update should be similar to Profit and Plunder from KOTFE, in that most of it is spent with returning companions instead of Lana and Theron.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

So much this.

I like Lana and Theron, but they're being overused to the point of becoming tiresome. Instead of having Theron or Lana as your companion in the next update, it really needs to be the returning original companions. Just use Lana and Theron as bookends to set up and close the update's story, but have the returning companions accompany you during the update's action and story.

If Kira returns the update should be similar to Profit and Plunder from KOTFE, in that most of it is spent with returning companions instead of Lana and Theron.

I agree.

I think Lana was handled well in the Iokath story. She was really only used to set up plotlines, and our characters had a few nice lines with her if we romanced her. They clearly dropped the ball with Elara and Quinn though, big time. One of them should have joined up with our alliance and then become our main companion for Iokath, and then other should have been given some legitimate closure (as was promised in the livestreams). It's too bad...I was frantically trying to get my Vanguard up to the Iokath story so I could reunite with Elara. I don't think I'm even going to bother now.

I agree that Profit and Plunder is a good benchmark for how returning companions should be treated. Lana and Theron are used to set up plotlines, and then we spend the rest of the time with our returning companions.