Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

will Jaesa return?


LonghornSith's Avatar


LonghornSith
04.15.2017 , 07:30 PM | #1
probably been asked a million times, so apologies, but any word of her return? she gone for good? I am just coming back into the game after a long break.

Jagaimee's Avatar


Jagaimee
04.15.2017 , 07:58 PM | #2
No word yet, unfortunately. But as various companions continue to trickle back in, she'll probably show up sooner or later.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

EtaKoshka's Avatar


EtaKoshka
04.15.2017 , 10:34 PM | #3
I hope so. She's one of my fav Imp companion.

I remember reading something that the Rachael Leigh Cook had a scheduling conflict to do the voice acting, so they had to push it back. I think it was on Reddit so I don't know how reliable the info is.
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P - AMD 8320 oc'd 4.0 - 16gb GSkill Ram -
Radeon R9 270x - Samsung Evo 850 250gb SSD - (3) Seagate ST2000

http://www.swtor.com/r/LSpsXx - SWTOR Referral

LonghornSith's Avatar


LonghornSith
04.15.2017 , 10:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EtaKoshka View Post
I hope so. She's one of my fav Imp companion.

I remember reading something that the Rachael Leigh Cook had a scheduling conflict to do the voice acting, so they had to push it back. I think it was on Reddit so I don't know how reliable the info is.
same! I really liked her character, especially the dark side.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
04.19.2017 , 03:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LonghornSith View Post
probably been asked a million times, so apologies, but any word of her return? she gone for good? I am just coming back into the game after a long break.
I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for her to come back. She's probably my favorite companion, or top two at least. We haven't heard anything, except a brief mention of her from the optional companion Master Ranos, who says she has heard about a murderous insane woman by that name searching for Darkside artifacts on forgotten worlds. She also says she thinks your relationship with her is over, but it's left ambiguous because she doesn't actually know her personally.

I've never been able to find any concrete information about Rachael Leigh Cook's willingness (or lack their of) to return to SWTOR. Honestly, it strikes me as unlikely, it means they had plans to bring her back in place already, which seems unlikely at this point. She's one of the trickiest ones based on having two different versions.

Unfortunately, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about what happens if they do bring her back. There seems to be more and more bugs in the game, and so far most of the companions that have returned have not had very satisfying roles in the story.

And even in Kotfe, there was already a minor bug with her because although she is seen an mentioned in Chapter 2, she doesn't appear among the dream corpses of your companions.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
04.19.2017 , 06:14 PM | #6
Rachael Leigh Cook being unavailable isn't necessarily a barrier to bringing Jaesa back. Assuming that she just doesn't want to return to SWTOR at all and that the scheduling conflicts aren't temporary, Bioware could replace her with another voice actor. It certainly isn't ideal, but at that point the choice is between having the character never return, or having the character return with a different actor.

It has also been done many times before in the video game industry.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
04.19.2017 , 06:34 PM | #7
Yeah but if there's a chance to get her back, then they should. Her voice is really important to the character, so if the choice between being able to bring her back with the right voice actress or bringing her back without Rachael Leigh Cook, then they should choose the former.

JKDGSGDKJA's Avatar


JKDGSGDKJA
04.19.2017 , 11:26 PM | #8
As long as a new voice actor can convincingly mimic Jaesa (and the fact that it's been 6 years makes it easier to buy a voice changing) I don't care if the original VA resumes her role. I just want my LS Jaesa back )=

crackerchocolate's Avatar


crackerchocolate
04.20.2017 , 12:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for her to come back. She's probably my favorite companion, or top two at least. We haven't heard anything, except a brief mention of her from the optional companion Master Ranos, who says she has heard about a murderous insane woman by that name searching for Darkside artifacts on forgotten worlds. She also says she thinks your relationship with her is over, but it's left ambiguous because she doesn't actually know her personally.
That's partially true. Ranos says that Jaesa is searching for powerful artifacts to gain more power but that is for darkside Jaesa. If you chose lightside for her you find out she is trying to do good and help others.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
04.20.2017 , 12:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by crackerchocolate View Post
That's partially true. Ranos says that Jaesa is searching for powerful artifacts to gain more power but that is for darkside Jaesa. If you chose lightside for her you find out she is trying to do good and help others.
Right, I forgot to add that part.