Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars; Rebels Season IV

Jarvus
01.29.2018 , 02:15 PM | #71
I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes. I think it's wise to end a series while it's not become trite yet. I think it's a little strange to think of the Emperor making an appearance, even facing off vs Ezra if the second half of the season trailer is to be believed, when we never heard of him before.

I assume that most or all of them will die in some heroic mission, and that these Rebels, the ones we've been watching for some years, their sacrifice will have been pivotal in allowing the events of A New Hope to take place. When I saw Rogue One and how writers tied that into the franchise I was somewhat disappointed because I had hoped that would be how they tied up loose ends in Rebels, with Bridger, Jarrus, Sendula, Wren, the big alien, and Chopper, all dying to make sure the plans for the Death Star got to the rebellion. Maybe they will end up delaying the Vader's fleet so Leia's ship can get the plans before she gets captured and before the droids take the escape pod to Tatooine..

Leklor
01.29.2018 , 04:23 PM | #72
Quote:
I think it's a little strange to think of the Emperor making an appearance, even facing off vs Ezra if the second half of the season trailer is to be believed, when we never heard of him before.
He is heard speaking to Vader in "The Siege of Lothal" but his presence in the serie has been indeed pretty scarce.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

Jarvus
01.29.2018 , 08:13 PM | #73
True. I meant Ezra though, that Ezra's basically nobody because he presumably doesn't survive the purge because he's not around in the original movies and he was a new character, as far as I know, introduced just in this show. The trailer for the 2nd half of this season though, on youtube now, shows Ezra literally facing off with the Emperor, flanked by three Loth-wolves, presumably about to engage Siddious in combat. This somewhat strains suspension of disbelief but it's all sci-fi so I can take it.

MadDutchman
01.29.2018 , 11:10 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarvus View Post
True. I meant Ezra though, that Ezra's basically nobody because he presumably doesn't survive the purge because he's not around in the original movies and he was a new character, as far as I know, introduced just in this show. The trailer for the 2nd half of this season though, on youtube now, shows Ezra literally facing off with the Emperor, flanked by three Loth-wolves, presumably about to engage Siddious in combat. This somewhat strains suspension of disbelief but it's all sci-fi so I can take it.
The only one who really needs to die is Kanan, they could find some creative way to get Ezra out of the way if they wanted to.

it is also implied that that fight happens in a Mortis-esque force nexus, so all bets are off really. I suspect there is a lot more going on there though than just Ezra vs Sidious. These trailers are rather good at the misinformation game.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

phalczen
01.30.2018 , 12:11 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The only one who really needs to die is Kanan, they could find some creative way to get Ezra out of the way if they wanted to.

it is also implied that that fight happens in a Mortis-esque force nexus, so all bets are off really. I suspect there is a lot more going on there though than just Ezra vs Sidious. These trailers are rather good at the misinformation game.
Agreed. It doesn't seem to be a battle in the real world like the battle on Malachor was. I guess it is possible that Ezra becomes strong enough in the Force for the Emperor to seek him out... perhaps even determine if he is a Skywalker.

But season 1 hinted that there was something on Lothal other than just the raw materials and the factory. The Emperor had a special interest. Perhaps it was a cache of Kyber crystals that he needed for the DS, perhaps a force nexus, perhaps a dark side entity, I don't know. I am guessing the Loth-wolves know what the emperor has/wants and are trying to lead Ezra there first.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Leklor
01.30.2018 , 04:22 PM | #76
Lothal is actually a shell for Mortis, I'm copyrighting this stupid theory right now!
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

MadDutchman
01.30.2018 , 07:08 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post
Lothal is actually a shell for Mortis, I'm copyrighting this stupid theory right now!
Well, we do know it has some relation to Mortis, you never know lol
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Paulsutherland
01.30.2018 , 07:55 PM | #78
Who will die?

Rebamcfan
01.31.2018 , 11:28 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
But season 1 hinted that there was something on Lothal other than just the raw materials and the factory. The Emperor had a special interest. Perhaps it was a cache of Kyber crystals that he needed for the DS, perhaps a force nexus, perhaps a dark side entity, I don't know. I am guessing the Loth-wolves know what the emperor has/wants and are trying to lead Ezra there first.
I've been under impression since I read Thrawn that the mining of precious minerals (specifically the Doonium, but also Dolovite and some others) has been the real reason why the Empire is on Lothal, to strip the planet off its resources (as they did with the Legacy Worlds) for the building of Death Star, and the expansion of Imperial Fleet. I've never considered about that there would be something of interest to Force there, aside from the Jedi Temple.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Cawyden
02.14.2018 , 12:11 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
while not 100% confirmed Dave Filoni does want Rex to be on the battle of Endor so I'm pretty sure he will survive http://www.slashfilm.com/dave-filoni...n-of-the-jedi/
I know I hope this becomes true - but still worried especially about Wolffe and Gregor.