Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

Cuiwe
04.15.2017 , 12:25 PM | #11
Angry Joe was right. At least I think so. Someone should really analyze the audio of the end of the trailer in some kind of an audio edit program. Because if it is what I and him think, it is a masterfully pulled trick. As well as the crushed helmet trick(whose helmet was that again?).

Something tells me there are a LOT of subtle tricks in this teaser...and that it is much more than it appears.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

PowerJediRanger
04.15.2017 , 01:09 PM | #12
Even if the audio is different, Luke could still say something close to that. Just a thought since trailers can easily be shown one thing but something else is shown.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

t-darko
04.15.2017 , 05:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
I'm now officially afraid that this'll be ESB 2,0 and that they are...going the 40k route of "over the top epic". And if they go Gray, they can also go and add "gr1t". And...no, don't make it so! DON'T!
Ofc it's gonna be a ESB reboot otherwise the ANH>> TFA reboot wouldn't make any sense . . .
What's new is what you call the "Grey nonsense", as for me that grey is a welcome break from the cut clear Light and Dark pg 7 nonsense

Tharandil
04.15.2017 , 06:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I think Luke already tried to bring the Jedi back, saw he failed and now sees Rei as something new, something beyond what the Jedi were.

And ya know what. Maybe it's long past time the jedi evolve to something new.
Isn't that the role of the 'chosen one'? to bring balance to the force? How better to achieve that if the jedi and sith seize to be and become balanced guardians themselves. (would also be the end of the franchise though 'Star Wars' without galaxy wide conflicts doesn't seem right)

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

SithKoriandr
04.15.2017 , 07:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerJediRanger View Post
Made me think Luke is the last Jedi and Ray is not to be trained as one but to be the next generation of force users that use the force. No Dark and Light.

Now I just thought of Ray and Kylo working together to beat Snoke in the final movie.
The title, when translated into other languages, has Jedi as plural, so it can't be just Luke as a Jedi.

Also, it's lame to end the Jedi. Star Wars is about the Jedi!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

SithKoriandr
04.15.2017 , 07:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharandil View Post
Isn't that the role of the 'chosen one'? to bring balance to the force? How better to achieve that if the jedi and sith seize to be and become balanced guardians themselves. (would also be the end of the franchise though 'Star Wars' without galaxy wide conflicts doesn't seem right)
Balanced guardians? That would imply force users never become dark or light. Just ho hum individuals. Guardians? They can't be guardians, that is a light side thing. They can't be evil, but surely someone who learns to use the force will wield it for evil
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

DraconisXX
04.16.2017 , 12:05 AM | #17
I thought the trailer was cool, I like the idea of featuring the grey side of the force and I am kinda wondering if Mace Windu's teachings or ghost spirit will make appearance since Mace used both sides of the force and believed in a balance

The producers stated that the first order will make a move at the beginning. So I am guessing right after the crawl screen the first order attacks the resistance base and that's where we see Poe's Xwing explode. Also I am hoping that Kylo is not getting rid of his cool mask , I like Sith Edge lord!

Also Captain Phasma is suppose to have a really cool spear weapon...maybe we will see that in the next trailer, maybe were in for a Finn Vs Captain Phasma fight

TalonVII
04.16.2017 , 11:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
The title, when translated into other languages, has Jedi as plural, so it can't be just Luke as a Jedi.

Also, it's lame to end the Jedi. Star Wars is about the Jedi!
Maybe originally it was about the jedi, but now Disney has decided to grow beyond that, and that's a good thing IMHO.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Ricul
04.17.2017 , 04:15 AM | #19
Sry i'm not into chick flicks.
. R.I.P. OPOD

bullvi
04.17.2017 , 09:52 AM | #20
dont read to much into the trailer, its good for what it is, however i do tend to think its just a piece of clever editing for trailer purposes.

i suspect theres nothing about being a grey jedi or a new type of jedi, i think its more like the ending of the trailer is luke telling rey at start of movie the jedi are over and hes the end of the jedi until luke changes his mind and then trains her esb style.

trailers end is movies start how i see it and for a first trailer its good but keep future trailers down on content for the reveal in the cinema
Though this is the end of the age of heroes it has saved its best for last.

www.shadowsofthedragon.com multigame guild
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/38450/shadows-dragon