Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Valkorion comming back on 6.0 ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Valkorion comming back on 6.0 ?

Elessara
04.09.2017 , 12:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
I'm sure a lot of people will cringe at this idea, but I actually wouldn't mind. An enemy who hates the force, force users, droids, and technology in general. Out to convert all galactic citizens into slaves/sacrifices. Who won't fall for a mind trick & who's armor is strong enough to deflect a lightsaber. Yea...I could definitely get behind that.

Although according to the stream, they're listening to the people who wanted to go back to same ole tired pubs vs imps battle for galactic supremacy. Yay....
A society/culture who hates technology and yet is technologically advanced enough to go out and conquer the galaxy? The cognitive dissonance is strong. I don't cringe at the thought of an enemy who hates the force/force users and wants to convert all galactic citizens into slaves/sacrifices ... it's the "hates technology" part tacked on that stretches my suspension of disbelief too far.

I agree that the pub vs. imps is tired and worn out though (at least, in my opinion). I am also quite disappointed that I can't tell both the pubs AND the imps to shove off b/c Iokath belongs to the Alliance/Eternal Empire.

JediAkemi
04.09.2017 , 01:31 PM | #22
"Where we would build a machine to accomplish a task, they [the Yuuzhan Vong] breed a creature"

"They've got the technology, sweetheart. They just make it differently"

And many other quotes I can't be bothered to remember to illustrate the point.
The Yuuzhan Vong hate mechanical technology with a firey passion. All their "tech" is biological and serves as an interestingly weird counterpoint to the tech we're familiar with in the Star Wars galaxy.

Elessara
04.09.2017 , 01:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
"Where we would build a machine to accomplish a task, they [the Yuuzhan Vong] breed a creature"

The Yuuzhan Vong hate mechanical technology with a firey passion. All their "tech" is biological and serves as an interestingly weird counterpoint to the tech we're familiar with in the Star Wars galaxy.
Yeah, I won't pretend to know much about the Star Wars EU so I don't know much about this group but hey if they want to go with breeding a critter to do what others would use a droid or even a starship for then ... ok, I can deal with that. I don't have a problem with having a different way of doing things, it's the whole "we hate technology but use it anyway" thing I would take issue with. So, sure ... bring 'em on. I'm sure their critters will go boom just as much as any ship or droid we blow up - just messier.

Soljin
04.09.2017 , 06:34 PM | #24
Yuuzahn Vong is the only EU stuff I did not read all the way through. At the time for whatever reason that bit bothered me.

At this point I just want to explore ancient Sith tombs or Jedi temples and learn about Sith sorcery or old rare ways of the force Dark and Light through story...that sounds fun.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

Storm-Cutter
04.10.2017 , 01:06 AM | #25
They should have had a new faction and set of villains to fight every update. - With new tactics required, a new FP/ uprising / pvp map / operation that ties into it all.

But they blew millions on lavish trailers and painted themselves into a corner by defeating the ultimate evil in the galaxy.... so what do the victors do for an encore?
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Lunafox
04.10.2017 , 01:31 AM | #26
No more Valkorion or his spawn.

Bring on Jadus.

SalsaChupacabra
04.10.2017 , 01:47 AM | #27
I hope they bring back Malgus to unite the Empire and lead us to victory over the hated Republic!!! Or, you know whatever.

Eanelinea
04.10.2017 , 10:15 AM | #28
If they bring an old character back who hasn't been back recently, I'd say it could be Kephess, Malgus, some creature person we released on a planet (why hello there Dreadmasters from Belsavis!). Or, they'll make up a new threat again like they did with Valkorian and his children. Valkorian was Vitiate, but the children and Senya were new.

It depends. Hell, they could go through the Legends books or even the movies and grab something that may have been around during SWTOR's time frame.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Eanelinea
04.10.2017 , 10:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
No more Valkorion or his spawn.

Bring on Jadus.
Oh god. I forgot about Jadus. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he showed up too. I don't think we ever killed him or actually captured him. IIRC he escapes whether you went light, dark, or neutral.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Silenceo
04.10.2017 , 01:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post

The fun thing about the YV is, that they indeed were in the Old Republic Era. Canderous Ordo and the Mandalorians had encounters with them along the edges of the galaxy, albeit minor skirmishes and scouts.

The part that would make the YV so brilliant, is that they would bring a balancing point to the story that just makes sense for both force users and non-force users. Why? Because the Vong are outside of the force, and while still able to be affected by things like push, lightning, ect, they are hard to read and prove to be hard for force users to deal with. For non-force users, they are just another really tough enemy.

After all, at this point, the force users are strong enough to kill a near-force god like entity (Valkorian), so what is the next logical step? Abeloth? Nah, we would all die then. Something that nullifies the awesome strength of the force user classes, while not being overwhelming to the non-force users.

Add to this all of the hints that the Scions send in the mail after the last chapter, as well as the hints spread across KOTFE and KOTET... I just have a gut feeling that the YV were not forgotten by Bioware, since they have made reference to the YV in the past, in KOTOR 1.

Anyways, I would not be surprised if we had a lull and the between-expansion was reinforcement of the Rep v Imp and building up the alliance, much like 5.2.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...