What will happen when I start Knights of The Fallen Empire?

TheWiseRaven

I have played my class story, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan, and now I think I'm gonna start KotFE.

But what will happen?

It seems different with the big purple play button.

So here is a list of questions:

1) Will I be able to go back?

2) Can I get some basic, non-spoiler info?

3) Should I do it?

You should also play Ziost to fill the gap between the end of SoR and the beginning of KotFE

1) Starting KotFE will automatically finish the Class Story, the Forged Alliance flashpoint questline (leading up to SoR), Shadow of Revan and Ziost. You still can go back to all the planets. When you start KotFE, new structures will appear in some places, but otherwise everything will be as it has always been.

2) KotFE has two separate parts, first the core story chapters that play in their own instances, those are started with the play button. You can leave them at any time (though this will reset the chapter). Think of them as a linked series of solo-flashpoints with more story, and fixed companions (you don't get to chose who's going with you)

The second part is strengthening the Alliance, which essentially means recruiting companions from other classes (some of your own as well) and weakening the enemy's position by infiltrating and destroying their bases, much of this takes place on the class story planets.

3) There isn't much to lose, in the worst case you can just pretend it never happened. The only direct effect is that you'll get a ton of new companions you may not care about, and need to play halfway trough the KotFE story to be able get your original companions back.

Edited by Mubrak

1) Will I be able to go back?

2) Can I get some basic, non-spoiler info?

3) Should I do it?

1. Not sure exactly what you mean here. You can "go back" to all the previous planets, flashpoints, etc. You can't go back and finish any companion quests etc, so you should finish all companion conversations before you start KoFE. You can't go back and finish any of your class story you may not have done.

2. At the start of KoFE, you lose all your companions (except Treek and HK-51), but, during KoFE (and KoTET) you will be using other companions such as Tharan and Lana, and you don't need your originals. At some point you can use a terminal in your Odessen base to summon any old companions that you want (if they haven't already shown up).

3. Yes.

1) Class story to conclusion of chapter 3

2) Illum

3) Rise of the Hutt Cartel

4) Shadow of Revan

5) KotFE

Is that right? Thanks.

It can be, but it's not necessary. It's good to do all that at least once, but some parts can be skipped. For the last few characters I took through it was:

1. Class story to conclusion of chapter 3

2. Skip Ilum

3. Enough of Makeb to level up to be able to do....

4. Enough of Shadow of Revan to get to ....

5. KoFE