Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pubs, please, stop whining, start winning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pubs, please, stop whining, start winning

Schoock
03.28.2017 , 04:33 AM | #41
On TRE the average rep pugs are just terrible and make easy wins. And while they are expert at crying about premades, one thing you rarely see is a pub group without a premade from one of a handful guilds. Some of those guilds are just awful and can barely win over an average pug, and lose to a better (both in lucky matchmaking and skill) pug. When I'm in a premade of 4, most pubs, premades included, are toast.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

MackPol
03.28.2017 , 11:44 AM | #42
Ya, playing Reps mostly on TRE myself and solo que is out of question.... just headache. Need at least one other in group so we can have some impact. Used to play Imps mostly but got bored of it and Rep gives opportunity for more challenge thus more fun for me Best games I ever had were premade vs premade so queing as group on Rep ends up usually against some Imp premade. Often its competitive that way Sadly even in full group it's possible to lose cos other 4 on the Rep side will most likely be terrible. Trust one to guard a node and game over :/

Was trying to get more people involved in playing Rep or at least join groups but they refuse to learn or listen... even just basics and definately whine too much.

Only problem for me is solo ranked which is catastrofic on Reps unless you know there are 3 other normal players queing... which is 1 or 2 guilds there - thats on TRE.

Mikeieveli
04.04.2017 , 04:43 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Been trouncing imps today. It's like they left their brains and skills at home.

But biggest gripe at the moment is all the idiots marking non healers in objective pvp. Fk me it is annoying and when you remove the mark to put it on a healer and they remove it from the healer to put it back on their pet dps they want focus.
I even got abused for putting the "wrong" mark on a healer, lol, apparently I can "only ever" use a target marker for a healer... but they had 3.. lmao.. and when I pointed that out "I was told" to only mark one healer because the other markers were for the dps and the tank... then I was told this is the way we've always done it in pvp and to L2P or stop queueing. 😂😂😂
This is what happens when pvp gets flooded with pve elitist noobs who think they know everything and then try to enforce their stupid behaviour on the unsuspecting newbies.
If you see idiots doing this, please educate them.
LOL wow, thats bad direction. If you mark all heals and tanks, then anyone that isnt marked is DPS. Essentially marking them. By that persons logic, you should mark everyone. LOL thats pointless.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Mikeieveli
04.04.2017 , 05:33 PM | #44

we actually had some really excellent players at launch. They were nearly god like. But we didn't give up and we didn't rage quit. We would grind for hours against them and took our medicine. This ultimately made us better players because we had to use our brains, learn tactics, class skills, research other classes and understand strategy. Sheep didn't survive that pvp and people playing thug pvp got annihilated. We also had a good population, sure it was competive, but we had no toxicity for a long time, so better players would actually help people and guide us because we didn't give them attitude or let egos dictate our will to learn.
Yes were some great players. I played along side them on pubs, and even consider myself one. Still a pub to this day and still have the name in my signature. So why did they leave?

Personally I think the introduction of arena and the removal of ranked 8 man was the down fall of intelligent pvp in this game. It dumbed it down to only a few classes being viable in ranked, turned it into a brawl and created inflated egos. This death match attitude was then transplanted into objective pvp and destroyed people's ability to use their brains with tactics and strategy. Ultimately it made people into sheep because they just play follow the gank squad. That destroyed objective pvp, especially on the Imp side. Lots of objective pvpers left the game, but at least the reps still try to play objective pvp.
The mass exodus came after removing 8v8 ranked. You can have both. Players back then wanted choices not limitations, which is why they wanted arena. Instead BW kept the same limitations and just pushed things over to arena and now those dont even pop. And they havent for a long time. I also predicted this in my posts back then on the conversations that occurred prior to the removal of 8v8.

I my opinion if we still had some form of ranked objective pvp, there would be 3 types of players in this game. "Real expert" objective players, "Real" arena experts and "Real" crossover players who would probably be the highest skilled players in the game. That breeds better players over time because they'll know regs do matter if they ever want to get to play any form of ranked in the game. It would also give objective players a real competitive outlet for their preferred pvp instead of being perpetually stuck grinding sheep in regs.
As it stands at the moment, Ranked arena probably matters the least in this game because of the toxicity, lack of Bio support and no replenishment of players. Real ranked players are a dying breed, most have left the game or are sick of the jerks and all we have left are Ego's and toxic players with half the skill of what should be required for ranked
I agree with this whole heartedly. You would see more interest in PvP in general climb up. You would people come back to play the style of PvP they prefer. You would see players improve on both sides. Implement a personal MMR system, create a proper algorithm to create a team mmr from the personal mmrs and dont allow teams to face each other with a team mmr gap of X. This will ensure that teams dont face each other where it will be uncompetitive. What could possibly be the arguement against this? What, ranked ques arent going to pop? I can sit for 30 min in a ranked que and no pop. It wouldnt be any different than the current ranked scene.

This also leads to why so many dont play objective for objective. They cant get their deathmatch jollys from Ranked, OWPVP is non existent before and after the PvE instances, so the only place they can get their fix is in an objective based reg.

I agree with Icy +1000. Well said.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Icykill_
04.05.2017 , 12:08 AM | #45
I feel bad for Imps trying to pvp all the way from lowbies to lvl 70 like I usually do. There are pvp bots that are ruining matches for them. Just about every match in lowbies has Imp PvP Bots. Essentially the imps are playing with less players. Sometimes it's 8v4 or more common 8v6 all because they have 2-4 bots on their team hiding in stealth.
It's completely killed the lowbie queue even more than usual because no one wants to play with bots.
It's one of the reasons I started to play more rep. It pisses me off when I have bots on my team. If I pop against teams with bots I go bot hunting to make it more fair for their team
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Markark
04.07.2017 , 03:22 PM | #46
In addition to my opening topic, recently I've noticed a contributor to the problem, as of the last patch PvE'ers are coming into PvP in droves.

In one incident, a healer observes me solo guarding a door, watches me get stealth CC'd while another player plants a bomb, openly criticizes me in chat for "letting" it happen, but forgets that it all happened while he watched, and the rest of the group had been lured to fight far from the door....he could've stopped the bomb too, but was too focused on watching me get teamed, or healing the guys that should've been @ the door with me..

In other instances, DPS's are harrassing players over total damage #'s without realizing damage alone isn't gonna win...for example, I'll lure as many players away from an objective to free it for stealthers, spend the whole time stunned & self healing to buy the stealther time to cap.

I've won Huttball with the opponent having triple our numbers, yet we won because we were able to lure them away from ball carriers & use mitigation/self heals to buy time for them to score.

Unlike PvE, damage alone for DPS's isn't a guaranteed win, if you think your "God" in PvE, get ready for a learning curve in PvP, it's not that simple....get over yourself.

mmmbuddah
04.08.2017 , 02:44 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Markark View Post
In addition to my opening topic, recently I've noticed a contributor to the problem, as of the last patch PvE'ers are coming into PvP in droves.

In one incident, a healer observes me solo guarding a door, watches me get stealth CC'd while another player plants a bomb, openly criticizes me in chat for "letting" it happen, but forgets that it all happened while he watched, and the rest of the group had been lured to fight far from the door....he could've stopped the bomb too, but was too focused on watching me get teamed, or healing the guys that should've been @ the door with me..

In other instances, DPS's are harrassing players over total damage #'s without realizing damage alone isn't gonna win...for example, I'll lure as many players away from an objective to free it for stealthers, spend the whole time stunned & self healing to buy the stealther time to cap.

I've won Huttball with the opponent having triple our numbers, yet we won because we were able to lure them away from ball carriers & use mitigation/self heals to buy time for them to score.

Unlike PvE, damage alone for DPS's isn't a guaranteed win, if you think your "God" in PvE, get ready for a learning curve in PvP, it's not that simple....get over yourself.
If the majority of the game is played at mid on hypergate and it is pretty much one big death match and the players damage over the entire match is under 700 k, they are then, pretty terrible. I agree mostly with what you said though, Lately though I have seen dps players on rep side that cant even break 1,2k dps. And that is just god awful. I dont understand how some of these people even survive the day without getting hit by a bus and being trampleld by an emu. Seriously makes me rethink the average intelligence of some of the players in this game. And then they blame me when I am playing my healer for not healing them. Its like "How am I supposed to heal you when you all ignore the 4 people gang banging me and dont offer any form of peeling "?
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love

Icykill_
04.08.2017 , 04:43 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Markark View Post

You forgot the part where those same people are also marking their own team ot the dps and tanks on the other team and not healers.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

t-darko
04.08.2017 , 05:04 AM | #49
Lowbies and midbes are all about withering away, new player start on their lvl 65/70 Toon, which in turn means that we're getting more and more people into pvp that not been schooled through low- and midbies. All together it means that more players entering swtor pvp at top tier level, is doing so with less knowings of the fundamentals.

I would say this been going on since KotFE. So not necessary pver's could just be plain Newbies . . .

Markark
04.08.2017 , 02:41 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by mmmbuddah View Post
............ Lately though I have seen dps players on rep side that cant even break 1,2k dps. And that is just god awful. I dont understand how some of these people even survive the day without getting hit by a bus and being trampleld by an emu. Seriously makes me rethink the average intelligence of some of the players in this game. ............
I've had wins with the opponent's team having double digit kills down their column, ours having 1,2 or 3, & low damage.

Reason; we had no heals, so we lure them away from the doors, use defensives and self heal long enough to buy time for someone to sneak in.

Solely looking at damage alone isn't telling the story, look at objectives and individual heals, again, there are no enrage timers in PvP, just objectives, kils count, but objectives count more.

You might wanna be careful of any Emu's, avoid an IQ test..