Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.2 Release Date and More

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 5.2 Release Date and More
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.23.2017 , 01:37 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Game Update 5.2 will be launching on Tuesday, April 11th. As we begin to get closer to that date we want to talk more about some of what you can expect in the update. Starting on Monday, here are some of the 5.2 topics we will begin talking about:
  • New Galaxy Map
  • PvP on Iokath
  • The Daily Area - What's different and what's the same
  • Access to Iokath - Who, When, How
  • Choosing a Faction on Iokath

We are also planning to do our 5.2 Twitch stream in the next couple of weeks. On that stream we will not only talk about 5.2, but show you some of it as well. Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jagaimee
03.23.2017 , 01:47 PM | #2
Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Eric. I'm really looking forwards to this update.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Edyn
03.23.2017 , 02:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quinn Update 5.2 will be launching on Tuesday, April 11th. As we begin to get closer to that Quinn we want to talk more about some of what you can expect in the Quinn. Starting on Quinn, here are some of the 5.2 Quinns we will begin talking about:
  • New Quinn Quinn
  • Quinn on Quinn
  • The Daily Area - What's Quinn and what's the Quinn
  • Access to Iokath - Quinn, Quinn, Quinn
  • Choosing a Quinn on Iokath

We are also planning to do our 5.2 Quinn stream in the next couple of Quinns. On that Quinn we will not only talk about Quinn, but show you some of Quinn as well. Thanks Quinn!

-quinn
This is all I read.

grania
03.23.2017 , 02:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
This is all I read.
^^ what she said

11th works for me

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

DarkLordSnake
03.23.2017 , 02:07 PM | #5
Looking forward to it!! Any news on the Zakuul stronghold along with this update?
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Lionflash
03.23.2017 , 02:11 PM | #6
If pvp on Iokath is a thing that at least gets a bullet point then that's good news I guess.

If Iokath is the starting point of a breadcrumb quest to change factions (even superficially) I'd be happy.

Ralei
03.23.2017 , 02:15 PM | #7
Yay!!!!

Xina_LA
03.23.2017 , 02:16 PM | #8
I'm very much looking forward to a new Galaxy map, especially if it makes it easier to find planets and space missions. I'm also very excited that companions are returning.

I do hope there are stronghold upgrades or a new stronghold on the not-so-distant horizon.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

keetrazor
03.23.2017 , 02:27 PM | #9
Ok CHOOSING A NEW FACTION HOLY FRICK FRACK that's pretty cool. As for the new galaxy map idk how i feel about that. Hyped for 5.2!!!!
"Speak softly, and drive a big tank!" - Hondo Ohnaka

click http://www.swtor.com/r/RPdrpb for free stuff pretty please with a rakghoul on top

keetrazor
03.23.2017 , 02:31 PM | #10
I'm seeing a few things as well: Change in factions option, amd new galaxy map. Now humor me for a second: Maybe they are changing the falaxy map to allow imp characters who change factions to go to pub planets, and vice verca! Who knows guys. Sorry for the double post
"Speak softly, and drive a big tank!" - Hondo Ohnaka

click http://www.swtor.com/r/RPdrpb for free stuff pretty please with a rakghoul on top