Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So I am legitamately Curious, are the haters happy now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
So I am legitamately Curious, are the haters happy now?

Zennshi's Avatar


Zennshi
12.27.2011 , 01:15 PM | #1
So instead of asking for the other crew skills to be more useful you smash a crew skill that actually worked just fine.

A crew skill that ANYONE can pick up.

A crew skill that takes no effort to level even.

...

So instead of just making a slicer we all complain about how broke we are and how slicing is to blame.

Are you happy now?

malgrimace's Avatar


malgrimace
12.27.2011 , 01:17 PM | #2
I'll still be taking slicing with my next character, because I'm not a whining little child who expects to have all the credits in the galaxy dumped in my lap for doing absolutely nothing.

XiliX's Avatar


XiliX
12.27.2011 , 01:19 PM | #3
You know it's never about raising yourself up and always about tearing someone else down. Why elevate yourself when it's far easier to cut someone else off at the knees?
Gene pool needs more chlorine
Life is the leading cause of death
Do what thou will shalt be the whole of the Law
I walked through the Valley of Death & became the Shadow of Evil

CapC's Avatar


CapC
12.27.2011 , 01:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by malgrimace View Post
I'll still be taking slicing with my next character, because I'm not a whining little child who expects to have all the credits in the galaxy dumped in my lap for doing absolutely nothing.
You'd rather be the idiot who took a garbage skill? Noted.

ThndrMge's Avatar


ThndrMge
12.27.2011 , 01:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by malgrimace View Post
I'll still be taking slicing with my next character, because I'm not a whining little child who expects to have all the credits in the galaxy dumped in my lap for doing absolutely nothing.
I'm curious, why? There doesn't seem to be any benefit to it anymore. You can't control what kind of augments you get from augment missions, you can't control the type of schematics you get from crits, you can't even control if you get schematics period. You might as well just go get a real gathering profession now so you have something reliable and just buy all the augments you want off the GTN because everyone will be selling them because they never get the ones they want. (Assuming they don't just vendor them cause the GTN is a horrible mess)
HK-47 "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope..."

Kapono's Avatar


Kapono
12.27.2011 , 01:20 PM | #6
I have Slicing on 8 characters. You know why?

Because it was too good. I'm glad it's nerfed- now I can go back to playing normally.




Yes I made bank. No, it's not the end of the world.

It's the same story with anything that was too good - use the hell out of it while it is, before the nerfbat hits, then get back to playing the game for real.

.

Iwakura's Avatar


Iwakura
12.27.2011 , 01:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by malgrimace View Post
I'll still be taking slicing with my next character, because I'm not a whining little child who expects to have all the credits in the galaxy dumped in my lap for doing absolutely nothing.
Have fun making no money and producing nothing worthwhile.
The only really point in slicing was getting a credit gain each mission. You'll get about 10-15 schematics/missions by 300, which aren't really useful either.

ThndrMge's Avatar


ThndrMge
12.27.2011 , 01:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kapono View Post
I have Slicing on 8 characters. You know why?

Because it was too good. I'm glad it's nerfed- now I can go back to playing normally.




Yes I made bank. No, it's not the end of the world.

It's the same story with anything that was too good - use the hell out of it while it is, before the nerfbat hits, then get back to playing the game for real.

So because you abused something, everyone else should suffer? What about those of us that were playing normally with slicing? I personally have slicing on 1 character and used it to fund my cybertech instead of having to spend copious amounts of cash sending crew members on missions that might not even return with what I need.

Slicing gave me a reliable way to purchase what I needed, when I needed it. Now I fail to see why anyone would want slicing, because it seems completely pointless now.
HK-47 "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope..."

Tricsun's Avatar


Tricsun
12.27.2011 , 02:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwakura View Post
Have fun making no money and producing nothing worthwhile.
The only really point in slicing was getting a credit gain each mission. You'll get about 10-15 schematics/missions by 300, which aren't really useful either.
Slicing is a gathering profession. GATHERING. So now, it's like the other ones, where you either have a loss, or make a little bit of profit (if you just sold everything you got from scav/arch/bio), and have a chance of a crit where you get something nice and can make a better profit.

IlexGlabra's Avatar


IlexGlabra
12.27.2011 , 02:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zennshi View Post
So instead of asking for the other crew skills to be more useful you smash a crew skill that actually worked just fine.

A crew skill that ANYONE can pick up.

A crew skill that takes no effort to level even.

...

So instead of just making a slicer we all complain about how broke we are and how slicing is to blame.

Are you happy now?
It didn't work fine. It was adding money to the economy at too fast of a rate which would lead to unmanageable inflation. Your suggestion that they just offer free money to all the other professions as well is no way to 'fix' anything.