Romanced Koth leaving

Tannenfels

From what I've read, the 2 triggers for him leaving are

letting the sun reactor blow and letting Kaliyo set off the explosives to hurt the people and not lying about it to Koth later.

If you do the first one, I think he is too angry in chapter 9 to let you lock in the romance to begin with since he storms out of the cantina. So I don't know if it's possible to do what you want.

letting the sun reactor blow and letting Kaliyo set off the explosives to hurt the people and not lying about it to Koth later.

If you do the first one, I think he is too angry in chapter 9 to let you lock in the romance to begin with since he storms out of the cantina. So I don't know if it's possible to do what you want.

That's a good point, and I'm not sure if it is possible to both romance him in chap IX and then have him leave in Chap X. However, it is possible to romance him and then have him break up with you, and I only know this because of a bug. One of my characters was romancing him and received his break-up letter, even though she had never done anything to make him mad. The romance continued as usual through KOTFE and KOTET with no sign of him every acknowledging the letter. So, somehow it must be possible to lock in his romance in Chap X and then do something in later chapters that made him mad enough to break up with you.

Nah. You can let the sun reactor blow and still romance him. Here's what you need to do.

Be kind. Side with him over Lana. Be respectful. Promise you won't let other innocents get hurt. Tell him he made the right decision. His key flirts must be on asylum right before you take on arcann as I didn't do any others. Tell him he's a flatterer. Tell him it's romantic only if he survives right before facing arcann.

****Note I kneeled to Valk but I refused his help so I was lightsabered in the battle against arcann. Koth came to save me (don't Romance Lana in the scene where you kiss before going to see heskel/arcann otherwise Lana will come to save you)

I chose to kiss Koth. I had the option to romance him in CH 9

Edited by americanaussie

Nah. You can let the sun reactor blow and still romance him. Here's what you need to do.

Be kind. Side with him over Lana. Be respectful. Promise you won't let other innocents get hurt. Tell him he made the right decision. His key flirts must be on asylum right before you take on arcann as I didn't do any others. Tell him he's a flatterer. Tell him it's romantic only if he survives right before facing arcann.

****Note I kneeled to Valk but I refused his help so I was lightsabered in the battle against arcann. Koth came to save me (don't Romance Lana in the scene where you kiss before going to see heskel/arcann otherwise Lana will come to save you)

I chose to kiss Koth. I had the option to romance him in CH 9

Goodness, I wish I knew all that. My Knight playthrough turned out to be a rather hilarious failed attempt at romancing Koth:

My first playthrough was my Warrior and I romanced Theron but I wasn't sure whom my Knight was to romance. The Warrior is going to dump Theron for Quinn (because :p) so I could have made my Knight romance Theron and stick with him, but I could have picked Koth as well. So I was changing my mind every five minutes of my Knight playthrough and wasn't flirting with anyone. Problem was, my Knight is DS and let the reactor explode and wasn't exactly kind to him. But then Arcann attacked Asylum and I was like "have to decide, have to decide". So after my Knight was stabbed through the chest Koth came to save her and there was a flirt option. Thinking that it was my last chance I picked it. I was flabbergasted to say the least when Koth kissed her. Y'know, she was a jerk and didn't flirt with him and now she is stabbed through the chest and he KISSED HER?

But that wasn't the most hilarious part. I was like "ok, that was weird but guess it worked out right in the end". Next chapter, the scene at the cantina, I'm getting ready to get to know Koth better (*wink*wink*) ... and he throws a tantrum and rushes out! My face at that moment: :eek:

I think I yelled at my monitor, something like "YOUR LOSS, JERK!" He kissed her while she was bleeding and now he suddenly has a change of heart?! So I got together with Theron. :D

Guess Koth has to wait till my Smuggler comes around.

Romancing Koth is tricksy, because you need a character that's lightsided, but isn't anti-Valkorian, which is an interesting combination, LOL.

Koth has more story triggers than anyone else in the main Alliance crew, by which I mean that if you bring up his profile in the Companions and Contacts Interface, he has more bits stored about him and listed than anyone else. Koth can have 6 pieces of info, compared to everyone else who has 1 or 2.

On my LS Sage (Non romanced, but Koth did not leave), it says:

• Koth was deeply impressed that you risked your life to save civilians during your escape from Zakuul.
  • Koth was pleased that you chose to take in the exiles you encountered in the Endless swamp.
  • Koth was pleased that you trusted him to help with the Heralds of Zildrog.
  • Koth appreciated your decision to prevent the destruction of the Spire.

On my DS Juggernaut (Non romanced, Koth left then killed), it says:

• Koth will never forget that you let countless civilians die during your escape from Zakuul.
  • Koth regrets that you didn't do more to help the exiles you encountered in the Endless Swamp.
  • Horrified at your destruction of the Spire, Koth has had enough. He has abandoned the Alliance.
  • In the ultimate act of betrayal, Koth vanished with the Gravestone.
  • After recovering the Gravestone, you claimed revenge against Koth and ended his life.

On my LS Sorcerer (Romanced), it says:

• Koth was deeply impressed that you risked your life to save civilians during your escape from Zakuul.
  • Koth was pleased that you chose to take in the exiles you encountered in the Endless swamp.
  • You have begun a romantic relationship with Koth.
  • Koth appreciated your decision to prevent the destruction of the Spire.

And on my DS Smuggler - Which is the one you'll be most interested in, I'm sure - it says:

• Koth will never forget that you let countless civilians die during your escape from Zakuul.
  • Horrified at your destruction of the Spire, Koth has had enough. He has abandoned the Alliance.

My smuggler hasn't actually gotten far enough through the story to get the Gravestone back yet, which means she hasn't decided whether or not she wants to kill him. I'm not sure how that'll play out until I get there and see what she wants to do.

Side note: on my wife's DS Smuggler (Koth romanced, and did not leave)

• Koth regrets that you didn't do more to help the exiles you encountered in the Endless Swamp.

That list is interesting because on that smuggler, my wife chose to lie to Koth about blowing up the spire, but she also had Kaliyo push the button, so she could lie to Koth with a straight face "I didn't do it."

But she's past chapter 11 now, and there's no more lines in Koth's profile. There's nothing about blowing up the spire or not blowing up the spire. It just ends with the line about the romance being locked in.

So I think that both those smugglers are interesting for different reasons.

My smuggler romanced him, then got him to leave.

My wife's smuggler blew up the spire, but got him to stay.

Fun times. Things like this are why I play BioWare games.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

And on my DS Smuggler - Which is the one you'll be most interested in, I'm sure - it says:

My smuggler hasn't actually gotten far enough through the story to get the Gravestone back yet, which means she hasn't decided whether or not she wants to kill him. I'm not sure how that'll play out until I get there and see what she wants to do.

Side note: on my wife's DS Smuggler (Koth romanced, and did not leave)

That list is interesting because on that smuggler, my wife chose to lie to Koth about blowing up the spire, but she also had Kaliyo push the button, so she could lie to Koth with a straight face "I didn't do it."

But she's past chapter 11 now, and there's no more lines in Koth's profile. There's nothing about blowing up the spire or not blowing up the spire. It just ends with the line about the romance being locked in.

So I think that both those smugglers are interesting for different reasons.

My smuggler romanced him, then got him to leave.

My wife's smuggler blew up the spire, but got him to stay.

Fun times. Things like this are why I play BioWare games.

That's very interesting! Did either your smuggler or your wife's get Koth's break up letter? If you do, I'll be curious if that too gets added to his profile and what it says.

That's very interesting! Did either your smuggler or your wife's get Koth's break up letter? If you do, I'll be curious if that too gets added to his profile and what it says.

What chapter do you get that at?

My wife's smuggler is only just past chapter 11. She acquired Kaliyo and hasn't progressed any further since then. My smuggler is about to get Vette and Gault. She hasn't raided the Gilded Star yet.

When I logged in to my girl today, she doesn't have any emails in her mailbox from Koth, but it's been a while since I played her. She may have had one that I read, and that's timed out since I last played her.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

I scoured all my screenshots today and I can't find a copy of Koth's letter. :( I think it may have happened late in the story, probably during KOTET and not KOTFE. It bothered me of course since I hadn't done anything to upset Koth, so his letter made no sense. I suspected it had to be a bug but I wasn't sure until I got the final romance scene from him somewhere around the end of KOTET I think. The letter said something about how

he was wrong about who he thought I was, and couldn't live with the decisions I'd made any longer. He still respected me as a leader but that's as far as it went now.

So I've been curious as to what event exactly tips him over the edge into writing this letter. Wouldn't it be awful if people who are supposed to get the letter don't get it, and those who still have the romance intact get it instead? That would be an unfortunate bug! I never heard anyone else mention getting the letter. Keep an eye out to see if you get one!

Edited by CloudCastle