Buff Lightning Sorcerer, nerf deception assassins and mercs.

Darth_Delator

BioWare, I suggest you rename your game to "Star Wars: Knight of the Old Assassins", or "Mercs of the Old Republic. Since currently. in pvp. there only these classes are running around and stupidly farming, killing all class diversity and game balance. If you're not seeing this as an option, I think you should nerf Deception Assassin's low slash to hell, making it 4m range or 10 AT BEST (isn't Assassin now a melee class? Force Lightning wasn't the ability for removal). Merc's damage should be nerfed. No question here.

Increase dmg of Thundering Blast for Sorcerers. You're robbing players of the option to be competitive in the spec they like. I'm almost full Tier 3, with augments, and it hits 18k at best, while mentioned above classes scoring constantly almost 30k hits. Really?!

You've added Enfeebling Slash for sorcerer utilities. Have you tested it? Are there testers who can even play the game? It's only usable in melee distance to root person for 3 seconds. How does it help, allow to ask, if most of other enemy classes when training you are ready for it and immune? As a *ranged class* how come that sorcs wanna keep enemies away and have 4 meters root, and sins, which are *melee classes* now, have 30m root-spam?!

BioWare, seriously. Put your thoughts together and fix this nonsense!

Edited by Darth_Delator

Is that sarcastic? Deception sins are fine where they are and are not doing 30k hits. We have low to mid survivability but good crowd control abilities. Low slash is a soft stun, not a root. Edited by sterober

Deception seems fine to me, I'd substitute snipers in there instead. Mercs, snipers and sorc healers all need nerfs. Lightning/Madness Sorcs, Hatred Asassins, and all three PT specs need buffed.

I agree except merc healers are fine, and lightening sorcs don't really need a grand buff. They are fine a little lower down the pecking order but nothing to harsh. But yes Gunnery Mercs, engineer snipers especially, Sorc healers are ruining the game. Oh and nerf operatives.

Is that sarcastic? Deception sins are fine where they are and are not doing 30k hits. We have low to mid survivability but good crowd control abilities. Low slash is a soft stun, not a root.

Soft stun still requires your one and only CC breaker to release (if you need to stop a cap for example, or activate your defensive cooldowns). Lots of specs have other means to counter roots, but soft stun no. Now look at all the hard/soft stun the Sins have:

Mind trap: soft stun from stealth that can be spammed as much as they want

Whirlwind: 8 second soft stun

Electrocute: 4 second hard stun

That is the basic sin (ops are similar)

That is the basic, all sin have it. Do they need an extra 4 second?

Deception also has a lot of damage reduction, too many.

Now, Deception requires a lot of skill to play properly.

Low slash for deception is just too much. It should be a general Sin ability (Nerfing the range to 4m, 10 at best like op said and 2 sec root at most), and put Maul there for deception tree. That way even hatred may have a use for it. Don't know how much dmg it does, but if placed similar to maul, sin tanks should not feel the change.

Lightning needs some love, granted...

Mercs have a bit OP defenses and self healz...

Deception sins, are fine where they are! :) They are a class that is also hard to operate and can be easily killed if players screws up!

Edited by AlCorazon

all im reading here is i cant beat the op mercs that do need to be brought down a peg or 2 to reality/ however i cant beat deception sins either cuase my light sorc got nerfed little to much in dps so the answer is nerf both these classes so you can easily beat them ?

stop posting plz/ mercs sniper need nerfs yes sorcs need bit of love but only in dps not in heals. Sins are fine and more inline with the rest of the melee. I mean how much more you want the devs to take away from sins and you still complain.

nuff said

Edited by falkron-kerupt

I think you should nerf Deception Assassin's low slash to hell, making it 4m range or 10 AT BEST (isn't Assassin now a melee class? Force Lightning wasn't the ability for removal). Merc's damage should be nerfed. No question here.

I personally would have no problem with 4 m lol slash but I would like my phase walk back in that case.

Sure there are plenty of Deception sins now due to them being in good spot, but being in good spot does not mean being OP or over buffed. Their damage abilities are in fair proportion to their cc potential. Insta-whirlwind is not an obvious utility choice now as pre 5.0 and not every sin runs it.

Soft stun still requires your one and only CC breaker to release (if you need to stop a cap for example, or activate your defensive cooldowns). Lots of specs have other means to counter roots, but soft stun no. Now look at all the hard/soft stun the Sins have:

Mind trap: soft stun from stealth that can be spammed as much as they want

Whirlwind: 8 second soft stun

Electrocute: 4 second hard stun

That is the basic sin (ops are similar)

That is the basic, all sin have it. Do they need an extra 4 second?

Deception also has a lot of damage reduction, too many.

Now, Deception requires a lot of skill to play properly.

Low slash for deception is just too much. It should be a general Sin ability (Nerfing the range to 4m, 10 at best like op said and 2 sec root at most), and put Maul there for deception tree. That way even hatred may have a use for it. Don't know how much dmg it does, but if placed similar to maul, sin tanks should not feel the change.

1 comment only: Low slash is dodged alot!...since in pvp you have very little accuracy almost half of the time my low slash is dodged in my experience now ofcourse if you dont play assasin... you dont know this... because you only notice low slash when it actually hits you... not when they miss you constantly.

Just a reminder to OP: we have light armor: which means we have the lowest damage reduction. Alot of our DR comes from MAUL which is requires being back of the enemy every 15sec... lol.

clear thread of "buff rock nerf paper"

I agree Lightning sorc needs some protection, but Deception is fine as it is.

Merc could use a slight toning down of their defensives, but again, mostly fine as it is. While some thread of "merc is fine, L2P" are pretty arrogant about it, they have a point for some, as their dcds can be circumvented easily enough when you know how to play against the class. In 8vs8, vs 1-2 players that know how to play, the merc will die easily enough. Its when you have 4 ppl, a single idiot with no awareness is enough to keep healing you to full despite the 3 other player's best effort.

I'd actually suggest you all roll one, not to join FOTM but to better understand their rotation and cooldowns and how to counter them. For lightning, you can also kite them in their 30-35m range for some damage on them while they cannot damage you. However, a good merc will wipe the floor with you if all of their cooldown is up.

A simple more streamlined ability to self-heal and some kiting protection on force speed for lightning would work really well (immune to all controlling effect when force speed is on, OR if your movement is impaired, you are stunned or incapacitated within 4-5 seconds of using force speed, force speed cooldown is reset baseline in the discipline tree.

Right now, yes for a class that needs to kite deception sin have an uncanny ability at catching you back unless you have your polarity shift speed boost from surging speed on, but same can be said for jugs and good marauder, altough they are less obvious about it. Jug notably will have their jump get off cooldown VERY fast when under attack, and rage jug can burst you down very fast.

didnt pvp that much in 4.0 but the way I understand it, madness sorcs were the real issue, Lightning always was around the same place as merc, but with a combat reset in their barrier.

However there is one thing that hits me a lot, playing various classes in pvp, is that the vast majority of ligthning and tk sorc/sage I encounter do not even attempt to kite. THats on JC, perhaps the level is better on harb, but if you try to facetank a merc at 15m, or just stand there while a sin goes ham at your back, you will lose. You have some dots in your rotation, and more mobility, its imperative that you use those to the fullest, and then you'll see that while sorc is definitely at a disadvantage, its not such a huge one as you might think.

In arenas, the fact there is a lot of merc with nets makes sorc looks worse than it is if you get a 4vs4 dps as well, as most people will focus the sorc right away, and the merc will net you at mid-life which nukes your kiting, your barrier and your phase walk unless you cc break. If they have a 2nd merc, you are done for.

Some people suggested before that the net applies a buff that makes you unable to be affected by another net for a certain duration, I think it would be a smart idea.

EDIT: Also, I currently play actively all 3 classes in pvp, so I do know what I'm talking about from using them AND fighting them.

Edited by verfallen

Low slash is just an ability that prevents extreme kiting. I use it against sorcs or ops when they are running away from me to catch up to them or against a person capping a nod out of my melee range. It is no where near OP. Making it 4M is stupid, the point is THROWING your saber at a target. Also while I agree that Sorcs are underpower, Deception have a really good burst, but a normal survivability. Deflection on Deception is not particularly OP, Overcharge Saber heals you to 15% which is nothing, and Force shroud is decent but only lasts 3 seconds. As for Mercs, in a 1v1 they are not that OP, it is when more than one of them focuses you that they become trouble. I support the Lightning sorc buff though, and I would add that PT should be buffed as well (bring back medium range and DFA!)

1 comment only: Low slash is dodged alot!...since in pvp you have very little accuracy almost half of the time my low slash is dodged in my experience now ofcourse if you dont play assasin... you dont know this... because you only notice low slash when it actually hits you... not when they miss you constantly.

Just a reminder to OP: we have light armor: which means we have the lowest damage reduction. Alot of our DR comes from MAUL which is requires being back of the enemy every 15sec... lol.

I do play Sin. But i play Hatred; I'm a stubborn son of a bish and JC imp side has to deal with it a couple of WZ per day :D

Yup Lightning and Madness needs some dmg buffs...

Sins are fine. Peeps just need to learn how to deal with them, that's all :)

Mercs... hmmm I've think a lot about it and think they need only slighty dmg reduction nothing more... Because in general they are easy to kill when u wanna solo them (yup even on sorc :D)

About snipers... only one thing makes me crazy about them:

"Plasma Probe: Deploys a probe that attacks the target area, dealing X elemental damage over 9 seconds to up to 8 targets within 8 meters and slowing all affected targets by 70% while they remain in the target area."

I mean WTH? How come they can slow target in 70%... it's sick and more frustrating than god self healing mercs.... Entering combat slows you around 35% and if u add this 70% from Plasma Probe... just no comments...

Snipers def. needs to be nerfed whole rest it's pretty ok in my opinion.

Edited by nate_river

clear thread of "buff rock nerf paper"

A simple more streamlined ability to self-heal and some kiting protection on force speed for lightning would work really well (immune to all controlling effect when force speed is on, OR if your movement is impaired, you are stunned or incapacitated within 4-5 seconds of using force speed, force speed cooldown is reset baseline in the discipline tree.

Sorcs already have it. It's called god bubble, phase walk, enduring bastion (I think is the name of the utility for a shield after god bubble). Lightening is exactly where it should be. It has average DPS and excellent dcds and self healing. If anything it needs to lose something. Roll a PT and then complain about lightening sorcs.

Sorcs already have it. It's called god bubble, phase walk, enduring bastion (I think is the name of the utility for a shield after god bubble). Lightening is exactly where it should be. It has average DPS and excellent dcds and self healing. If anything it needs to lose something. Roll a PT and then complain about lightening sorcs.

PT's have crazy burst, you're drinking too much kool-aid. It's their survivability that is lacking.

PT's have crazy burst, you're drinking too much kool-aid. It's their survivability that is lacking.

AP has decent burst, Pyrotech does not. Incidentally, AP also has better survivability.

Edited by Vember

Yes but they have poor escapes and no self healing. So lightening sorc is in a good place because while they are not the best dps they have much much better tools than average. If you give them pt dps as well then we can forget balance entirely in this game. Pyros have worse dps than a lightening sorc as well. DPS Sorcs are fine but please it has got to be the time now where they nerf sorc heals.

I pretty sure Snipers are much harder to kill then mercs... just most people dont see this, deception is glass cannon like most mauraders.

Mercs and Snipers need to toned down before the trying any balancing not that they know how to do such things

Yes but they have poor escapes and no self healing. So lightening sorc is in a good place because while they are not the best dps they have much much better tools than average. If you give them pt dps as well then we can forget balance entirely in this game. Pyros have worse dps than a lightening sorc as well. DPS Sorcs are fine but please it has got to be the time now where they nerf sorc heals.

plz be more salty and obviously have 0 idea of other classes in pvp than your own.

Certainly PTs are not in a good place right now, but it doesnt mean the rest should be either. I'm going to bet you were among those saying "eh PT are fine" in 4.0 tough.

If so you have 0 place talking balance. Play a lightning sorc, you'll see. Sure they got a "god" bubble. But they are doing 0 dps while its up, the bastion shield is only somewhat significant in 1vs1, and if fighting mercs, your whole defensive suite can be nuked for 9 second unless you have cc break availaible.

Also most self-healing is to be done after kiting, LoSing, ccing and spending half your force, so there are limits at how many time you can do it in a prolonged engagement. The average value of 1 hp for a sorc is also lower than average, due to overall lack of DCDs. The barrier share a lockout across all sorc, so if you have a sorc healer on the battlefield, chance are you are not going to use yours very much. So you effectively lack any DCD safe your bubble to help mitigate damage for healers. Its why sorc are currently the go to focus in arenas, especially if a merc is present to net you, otherwise its PT.

Pyro is in a very bad place, true, but recognizing that doesnt mean you have to hate the rest of the world.

Edited by verfallen

Crazy burst? More like 15 secs of glory with hope of no CC or taunt. And the remaining 105 secs meh damage in all shapes and forms + mediocre survivability. AP PT dps is not good. It is not the worst, but surely not in a good place in any respect. And Pyro PT still exist for some reason. It is absolutely the worst dps out of all dps specs.

TBH there is so much that is currently broken for dps specs. Mara, snipers and merc are performing better than sins PT and Jugs. Sorc is far behind. Ops dps still exist for some reason.

Nothing is worse than healing sorc. Significantly out performing.

plz be more salty and obviously have 0 idea of other classes in pvp than your own.

Certainly PTs are not in a good place right now, but it doesnt mean the rest should be either. I'm going to bet you were among those saying "eh PT are fine" in 4.0 tough.

If so you have 0 place talking balance. Play a lightning sorc, you'll see. Sure they got a "god" bubble. But they are doing 0 dps while its up, the bastion shield is only somewhat significant in 1vs1, and if fighting mercs, your whole defensive suite can be nuked for 9 second unless you have cc break availaible.

Also most self-healing is to be done after kiting, LoSing, ccing and spending half your force, so there are limits at how many time you can do it in a prolonged engagement. The average value of 1 hp for a sorc is also lower than average, due to overall lack of DCDs. The barrier share a lockout across all sorc, so if you have a sorc healer on the battlefield, chance are you are not going to use yours very much. So you effectively lack any DCD safe your bubble to help mitigate damage for healers. Its why sorc are currently the go to focus in arenas, especially if a merc is present to net you, otherwise its PT.

Pyro is in a very bad place, true, but recognizing that doesnt mean you have to hate the rest of the world.

Losing is easier on a sorc than any other class (phase walk). Lack of dcds? on a sorc? I really suggest you play other classes and learn sorcs are still the best. I don't really have a "main" I play all classes, and they all have different functions in a warzone. Lightening sorc is a support dps role. stay alive while some classes control and others do the main dps, then apply your added dps to finish them off.

If you classified each class by manoeuvrability, dps, hps, dcds you would see sorcs of all specs are still near the top. If you are talking ranked then of course they aren't the sheer power of a sniper or mara, but ranked will never be in full balance because it is small group. It is the same difference as taking an ops group in an uprising.

Sorcs aren't over performing and are fine, I think that too many sorc players had it to easy for to long and now want to feel like gods again. Well having the class where it is will make you a better player. You might even learn how to phase walk if you are struggling for los.

Plasma probe needs to be adjusted.

The only thig that needs to be buffed is PT survivability. Swap some of merc DCD's to PT - thats it. I dont even play PT class yet i sympathise with them.

Whenever i see them on WZ... i know its farming time because they are so easy to kill. To the point i actually feel sorry for those who still play PT in WZ...how come there is like no outcry for buffing them, their DPS is ok but their survivability is probaly the worse ever in the history of this game.

***Shame on you devs and Bioware*** for nerfing PT so much you made them extinct in pvp. To think that this has been going on for months and months...and you done absolouty nothing for PT while at the same time buffing mercs to the point everybody and their mom is playing them.