Been back 3 days, and no one is geared, that is crazy.

SVTCarnage

I have not personally seen a geared player as of yet, that's crazy. 5.0 has been out for awhile now, my first reaction to the gearing: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128595727

Bioware really doesn't need quite that heavy of a gear grind in my opinion, people will stay subscribed because its fun to play alone, in my opinion. BS aside I am probably not going to stick with it, I am just being honest, I have never stuck with swtor in the past, and I regret that. However, now coming back I was pretty excited, and really wanting to dive into it, but that is a serious grind.

Edited by SVTCarnage

Plenty of people are geared. I've been in full 242s for a few weeks now.

I have been playing solo rank, warzone's, inspecting random people on the fleet. I have not seen a single full 242 player on Harb. I have definitely seen close though, so I am sure they are there. The thread title exaggerates, slightly.

Edited by SVTCarnage

I have been playing solo rank, warzone's, inspecting random people on the fleet. I have not seen a single full 242 player on Harb. I have definitely seen close though, so I am sure they are there. The thread title exaggerates, slightly.

The hassle is just not worth it, to me at least. I used to love raiding, but not so much that I'd willingly spend enough time to get geared properly. I'm a mix of 236/242 on my main from about a month's worth of casual GSF. Some people are better geared, but I have a job.

The hassle is just not worth it, to me at least. I used to love raiding, but not so much that I'd willingly spend enough time to get geared properly. I'm a mix of 236/242 on my main from about a month's worth of casual GSF. Some people are better geared, but I have a job.

Ultimately that is what it is for me. Its always been the job, and then other things going on, and I don't even have much of a life currently, but I still am not sure if I can, and or am willing to gear right now. I just think Bioware doesn't need to do what they are doing to keep subscribers.

Edited by SVTCarnage

Don't worry, 5.2 is out in about a month and with it more gear. So we'll all be not geared together!

I've saved up about 20 crates and 6-700 components, I'm almost there :p

ofc, I still need 6 pieces of 242 because I didn't want to buy t1's when I could start from t2 so I'm already not fully geared, but still, lol.

I've saved up about 20 crates and 6-700 components, I'm almost there :p

ofc, I still need 6 pieces of 242 because I didn't want to buy t1's when I could start from t2 so I'm already not fully geared, but still, lol.

If you are keeping the crates expecting a better chance in 5.2, better open them now. They will add an atribute to new crates to make the "better chances" work only for crates obtained after 5.2

Now if you just want to open several in a row, that is cool. I find that is less frustrating get one or two good drops in several crates than the constant single open to disintegrate all items.

Components: damn the 1000 cap. I had to buy T1 on two toons now, and probably will have to do so again in a couple of days. At least i completed the bonus set on both toons (love the crits :D )

Also: Still in T2, at best i will hit t3 in one of my toons by the time 5.2 starts :( So i will probably hit T4 by the time they implement T5 :mad:

If you are keeping the crates expecting a better chance in 5.2, better open them now. They will add an atribute to new crates to make the "better chances" work only for crates obtained after 5.2

Now if you just want to open several in a row, that is cool. I find that is less frustrating get one or two good drops in several crates than the constant single open to disintegrate all items.

Components: damn the 1000 cap. I had to buy T1 on two toons now, and probably will have to do so again in a couple of days. At least i completed the bonus set on both toons (love the crits :D )

Also: Still in T2, at best i will hit t3 in one of my toons by the time 5.2 starts :( So i will probably hit T4 by the time they implement T5 :mad:

well there isn't much chance of a t3 piece dropping especially one that I need, so I'm just using them to push through 300 a couple times to get t4 crates.

I just gave up. My life is way too busy for this kind of a grind.

I did enjoy the twitch vid, if for no other reason than "misery loves company" haha.

Compared to most other games, this isn't really a grind.

Other games offer more content though, the lack of content being released for this game is reason enough NOT to have it be this grindy.

I'm relatively new so i still have a lot of content i haven't done. For those of you that have already donde most, if not all several times, having to grind just so you can do again the exact same thing must look like a really bad joke that never ends.

For a healer, how much would you recommend? I've been testing up to 48% with no real gains over alacrity and alacrity has added bonus of reducing cooldowns.

dunno how you're testing but dearly departed lord-of-number-crunching bant's spreadsheet says at least 1800 for corruption, and at least 1700 for every spec in the game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GtgkOZDgcA3dlBjdoLUzg02zNl9_5fvCU48iY-P0vv0/edit#gid=1633017068

low crit is always a mistake

Edited by yellow_

My marauder is in full 228, I am trying to gauge my gear vs someone in a mix of 230's/242's. Percentages in stats, etc, but I probably won't ever bother.

I have not personally seen a geared player as of yet, that's crazy. 5.0 has been out for awhile now, my first reaction to the gearing: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128595727

Bioware really doesn't need quite that heavy of a gear grind in my opinion, people will stay subscribed because its fun to play alone, in my opinion. BS aside I am probably not going to stick with it, I am just being honest, I have never stuck with swtor in the past, and I regret that. However, now coming back I was pretty excited, and really wanting to dive into it, but that is a serious grind.

I just resubbed about a week ago from a 6 month break. I quit because of the lack of attention and insight from the devs regarding pvp.

Im not very impressed about what they've done to pvp....if it was bad before....it's....i dont even.... now. So yeah, i just cancelled my sub again. I'll probably pop back in another 6 months or so and check things out.....but this time im gonna read up properly -before- i give them any money. I feel a little like i robbed myself right now.