Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger Sharpshooter Rotation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Gunslinger Sharpshooter Rotation?

Joeyohh
12.27.2011 , 01:08 PM | #1
Hey all! First time playing SWTOR. I'm currently a Smuggler Gunslinger "Sharpshooter". I have to get use to the Playstyle since I'm very use to being Melee.

But, does anyone know the Rotation? I mostly do, Thermal Grenade > Vital Shot > Quick Shot > Quick Shot > Flurry of Blots.

I highly doubt this is an actual rotation though.

Knarloc
12.27.2011 , 01:22 PM | #2
You won't have a very good rotation for sharpshooter until you get your hands on Speed Shot at level 36, at which point you should go with flourish shot, speed shot, aimed shot, trickshot, smuggler's luck and charged burst, with flurry of bolts mixed in as energy level demands so you can stay above 60% energy.

Before level 36, I found I got much better results levelling with the Saboteur tree, especially with all the aoe you can throw around, and quickly take packs down.

naexus
12.27.2011 , 06:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Joeyohh View Post
Hey all! First time playing SWTOR. I'm currently a Smuggler Gunslinger "Sharpshooter". I have to get use to the Playstyle since I'm very use to being Melee.

But, does anyone know the Rotation? I mostly do, Thermal Grenade > Vital Shot > Quick Shot > Quick Shot > Flurry of Blots.

I highly doubt this is an actual rotation though.
What I find myself doing more often than not is ditching vital shot from my rotation. I found that it used far too much energy for the damage output and most mobs were dead before it ticked more than 3 times. Do you have trickshot? if so, this should be on cooldown all the time, go out of your way to make it so you can use it.

(1)Activate cover (instant charged burst) -> (2)Smugglers luck (crit on next charged burst) -> (3)charged burst -> (4)trickshot -> (5)speed shot -> (6)aimed shot (will be 1.5sec due to CB crit) -> (7)trickshot.

From this point, keep speed shot, trickshot and aimed shot on cooldown, alternate between charged burst and flurry of bolts while waiting for cooldowns to keep your energy about about 60.

For elites, silver etc, put a flourish shot in between 4 and 5 and prioritize quickshot (the execute) above everything once you can use it.
║ ▌█║ Nerf Dialogue ║█ ▌║
PVE - Progression - Raiding

Volkur
12.28.2011 , 05:09 PM | #4
Personally for me i go with this.

Flourish shot > Speed shot > Charged Burst > trick Shot >Aimed Shot > Trick shot > Speed shot > Charged burst

It kinda goes in a circle after the second charged burst. and of course keep flourish up on the target. If there is time inbetween any of them i throw in a Sabatoge charge or a vital shot to keep the dps going. and of course when the targets HP is low enough Quickdraw.

This is what ive put together leveling and pvping, if anyone thinks theres a way to improve upon it please let me know.

Gassygunslinger
12.28.2011 , 05:26 PM | #5
I go Smuggler's Luck > Flourish Shot > Take Cover > Charged Burst > Trick Shot > Sabotage Charge > Flash Bang > Headshot > Aimed Shot > Trick Shot

I don't have Speed Shot yet, but will have in with two or so more quests.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Bearaids
12.28.2011 , 07:05 PM | #6
err. Put ur longest cast at the start. Aimed shot, anyone who tells you otherwize doesn't know how to utilize
Squad - 367
64 Cokes
64 Hours.
1-50 Gunslinger

Ledskof
12.28.2011 , 08:16 PM | #7
I tend to agree with ^.
It takes a special situation to decide not to do as much damage as you possibly can at the instant that the mobs start charging you. Especially when you choose a spec that focuses on single target DPS.

Lightning_
12.29.2011 , 04:56 AM | #8
From your post it looks like you're at lower levels. Then I'd suggest ditch Vital Shot and Quick Shot (which will waste your energy in no time), and spam Aim Shots and Charged Bursts mostly. Sabotage Charge also helps to provide more DPS burst sometimes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bearaids View Post
err. Put ur longest cast at the start. Aimed shot, anyone who tells you otherwize doesn't know how to utilize
That's true for solo play. In group boss fights the tank usually aggroes the boss anyway, so you may as well start with debuff and 100%crit Charged Burst to reduce Aim Shot activation time. However, be careful not to put a lot of damage right away or the boss may forget about the tank and hook up with you instead

GordonJ
12.29.2011 , 07:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearaids View Post
Aimed Shot 1.5s, so it's not the longest cast in Naexus and Volkur's rotations.

hcknslash
12.30.2011 , 08:36 AM | #10
for bosses and champions

vital shot>florish shot> smugglers luck > take cover > charged burst > trick shot> aimed shot> speedshot > flurry > flurry> charged > trick > and on and on

for regular mobs and strong

vital > smug luck> take cover> charged> trick > aim > speed > flurry ....

this works best for me, i've been using ti for a while ... now if they would only speed up the animations a little !