Why am I playing tank?

Suprisex

So frustrating that I have to gear up for tank set bonus and then do it all over again for dps just to get the correct mods/enhancements. Is there no vendor to buy the mods/enhancements like in the past? Stupid def/shield/absorb is useless in pvp.

So frustrating that I have to gear up for tank set bonus and then do it all over again for dps just to get the correct mods/enhancements. Is there no vendor to buy the mods/enhancements like in the past? Stupid def/shield/absorb is useless in pvp.

If you want 242s, then yes you do need to open several crates in DPS to get the mods/enhaments with power/crit. But if you can go by with 240s, just look for crafted ones.

If you get the B mods you can be pretty invincible in pvp, you wont do much damage, but the point of the tank is to debuff and protect, not damage really....

Playing as a skank tank requires you to get twice the amount of gear as normal. In 2.0 through 4.0 this wasn't so bad, but in 5.0 it downright sucks. Twice as much gear in an expansion that doesn't give enough gear for even normal specs really, really sucks.

What I had to do is get two characters to tier 3, a mara and a jugg. The Mara gets drops that obtain my mods and enhancements, and the Immortal Jugg drops gets the armorings. That covers gear that's legacy. I saved my left sides (Relics, earpiece, implants) from tier 2 on my immortal jugg, and upgraded them to tier 3 but chose the dps versions during the upgrade.

It sucks, but there's not much choice if you want to stay competitive. Sin dps in pvp is fine, but Jugg and PT dps specs are in a really bad spot right now. Their dps is fine, but they can't outlast the dcds that the snipers and mercs have.

If you love Jugg or PT and want to make it work for competitive pvp, you'll have to roll a tank. Just be ready to put in twice as much work, or get twice as lucky with RNG.

Yep, this is a major fail with the gearing system. It wasn't so bad previously when PvP gear was so cheap and quickly attainable. I have not bothered playing tank much at all since 5.0 because of this. Two characters is all I have time for.

This irritated me at first as I main a skank Jugg but I've gotten over it. Still, yeah, if you want to roll Immortal and want a set bonus, you have to use War Leader; luckily War Leader's set bonus is pretty good. Still, filling in those mods with upgraded DPS gear takes time. You need to buy tradeups to DPS set pieces from extra war leader pieces from Disintegration Crates, and then just throw the shells in the bank. Or do what I did and immediately regretted, blow 50M on buying mods and enhancements. Edited by stoopicus

This irritated me at first as I main a skank Jugg but I've gotten over it. Still, yeah, if you want to roll Immortal and want a set bonus, you have to use War Leader; luckily War Leader's set bonus is pretty good. Still, filling in those mods with upgraded DPS gear takes time. You need to buy tradeups to DPS set pieces from extra war leader pieces from Disintegration Crates, and then just throw the shells in the bank. Or do what I did and immediately regretted, blow 50M on buying mods and enhancements.

When are you pulling the trigger on switching from tank to dps for your drops? I've got my full set bonus, but it's mixed 230s to 240s. Do you hold out for better set bonus drops first, or switch to DPS and assume you will have to backfill your lower set bonus armorings with UCs?

My basic plan is to get my whole set first and then switch over as I have bought a lot of 240. What I probably should do is just powergring the rest of the way out of T2 and then just start saving crates. But TBH I am kind of losing interest in GC completely and may just give up.

It's always the grind that kills MMOs for me. GG, Ben. GG.