Lana/Vette KotFE Romance Screw-Up

Jakk_Windspyre

Well, I just messed up. Bad. I'm not actually a new player. Come June I'll have been playing for two years. But as big of an easily-avoidable mistake this was, it probably belongs here. When I first played my Sith Warrior, I romanced Vette. As long as I've played this game, I never thought to subscribe. I only first subbed a month ago after beating multiple classes. A decision I did not regret. When I played KotFE on my SW and found I could romance Lana as a companion, I rushed into it without thinking. Later, I regretted choosing her over Vette. Anyway, I didn't think anything could be done, so I moved on to my Bounty Hunter and beat every expansion. It's now my main character.

The problem occurred when I decided I wanted to continue my Warrior after KotFE. I decided to play part of KotET on my Warrior before getting involved in the next character. When I noticed I could replay Chapters, I got excited. I thought I could just go back to Chapter 13 and choose Vette over Lana. What a great freaking idea that was. It obviously didn't go well, or this thread wouldn't be up.

I got the warning message, completed my reuniting with her, and beat the Chapter. Then I broke up with Lana. Yay! All is well. If you want a happy ending I suggest leaving now. No? Okay. Well, turns out instead of continuing my romance with Vette (as I had previously ended things with her), it only broke my relationship with Lana. Now I have no one. Apparently, it doesn't reconcile romances. Only ends them. I had already broken Vette's heart, and now all I did was throw Lana in the mix. Yep, now Lana thinks I got back with Vette, and vice versa. Good job me, you broke the dang game.

Fortunately, I don't care /too/ much what happens to my Warrior. Better to learn a lesson on an alt than my main. I'm surprised they gave me the option at all. New players, don't make the mistake I did. Don't be a Jack. Jack screws up. But I didn't just post this as a complaint or warning. If anyone has a way to fix this, I would really appreciate it. I suppose I could always make a new Warrior, but that would take a while. And I'd rather not spent two weeks trying to level a new Juggernaut, especially if it is fixable. I'm not going to die because one of my alts broke his romance, but that doesn't mean I don't want to fix it if I can. Please let me know if you can help.

Sorry, long-- I know. I'm a thorough guy. All my threads are like this...

Replaying chapters has no effect on your actual progress with the story. The decisions you make during your first playthrough are the only ones that matter. The bug with Lana is likely unrelated to replaying chapters. If you're certain that your romance with Lana was broken off, I recommend opening an in-game ticket. Although, I don't know how much they can do to fix your situation. I know there are a lot of people that have had romance bugs with their companions in the recent expansions which never been fixed (as far as I'm aware). Edited by Anduhar

Replaying chapters has no effect on your actual progress with the story. The decisions you make during your first playthrough are the only ones that matter. The bug with Lana is likely unrelated to replaying chapters. If you're certain that your romance with Lana was broken off, you may want to open an in-game ticket. Although, I don't know how much they can do to fix your situation. I know there are a lot of people that have had romance bugs with their companions in the recent expansions which never been fixed (as far as I'm aware).

Okay, thanks. And I know for sure that my romance with Lana is broken. In interactions it states that we ended our relationship, and I replayed chapter 16 and had no flirt options with either of them.

I know this sounds ludicrous but if BW decides to take forever with you ticket ( which is likely) trying going through ALL the chapters with Lana again; Lana stopped dating me due to a bug and for some reason this seemed to correct the bug and reset the romance.