Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP greetings

Sith_daddy
02.28.2017 , 07:05 PM | #1
Hello, fellow roleplayers!

I'd like to get some advice on how to greet people during RP. More specifically, how to greet subordinates.

For example, suppose you are a sith lord, and your apprentice comes before you and bows/kneels. What do you do? Do you /greet him? Well, that's not 'lordly' enough. Do you /nod? But if you /nod, your character will say something like "Certainly", which makes no sense. Do you /raise your hand? Well, that just looks weird.

I keep getting into these awkward situations where I need a short and sweet "Your pathetic existance is acknowledged" emote, but there is none.

Please, give me some suggestions
Sargrayt -- the Progenitor (EU)
The Sith Dominion -- the Progenitor (EU)

Rebamcfan
03.01.2017 , 02:36 AM | #2
If you wish to avoid that your character says something when you type /nod, type it instead of /e nods "Your existence in my presence is acknowledged, my apprentice." or something similar. Most craft their sentences this way by putting the /e when they make the sentence.
As for greeting, nodding to someone else quietly, without saying a word or nodding and saying, for example "Good evening my Lord/soldier/agent/etc." depending on the situation and rank.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Sith_daddy
03.01.2017 , 12:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebamcfan View Post
As for greeting, nodding to someone else quietly, without saying a word
So it's not possible to do that with your character actualy nodding, I take it?
Sargrayt -- the Progenitor (EU)
The Sith Dominion -- the Progenitor (EU)