Shouldnt have resubbed

Icykill_

I came back for a break from Overwatch today, I shouldn't have bothered.

Played 20 matches in total and come across 3 seperate people cheating. Stupid Bioware, when the F will they learn that is one of the worst turn offs. When blizzard catch someone cheating in Overwatch their whole Blizzard account gets deleted, even if they didn't cheat in the other games Blizzard produce.

But Bioware use a who cares policy, let's just give them a warning about 5 times, then give them a 24 hour ban three times, then give them a 3 day ban three times, then a week, then a month, then 3 months on repeat till they've been banned 20 times that they give them a 12 month ban. But still they don't delete the account, no they let them back again.

Why the hell cant they implement a zero tolerance policy on cheating. I'm damn sure they delete credit farming accounts. They react so fast to cartel market or other ingame currency exploits. There is are no reasons left for them to not take the same measures for pvp.

People argue that Bioware don't delete them because they don't want to lose revenue. But for every cheater people get fed up with, a ledgitmate player stops pvping or leaves the game. I'm sure those banned people don't pay their subs while they're banned, so Bioware are essentially losing money by not deleting those accounts.

The game has been bled out dry by all the dumb crap Bioware do or neglect. Most of it is just poor attention to detail, poor communication to understand the players and total apathy that borderlines on laziness. All of those could be fixed with little to no effort. Its internal poor management and a diseased coulter with in the team support staff and that always starts at the top and filters down

The only way to save this game is from some fresh, strong and forceful management changes from top to bottom. I'm not suggesting they sack anyone, but they need someone to come in above them to clean out the disease. If people in the organisation can't change, then they should go, but they should be given a chance. The attitude and culture in the swtor project needs to be cleansed.

But I should known better. I'm now angry at myself for paying these people more money because I know in reality they won't change a thing.

Uhm... welcome back? :(

This whole game has a "I can play whatever way I want" mentality that is really starting to get to me. Cheating is just part of it. Had someone in a game yesterday who blatantly said at the start "I'm just going to the pylon and sit there, just here to farm XP" (this in midbies). I thought they were joking, but no, that's exactly what they did. Just /waved as the enemy capped, after taking out the other defender there I guess. Was the first time ever that I started just quitting matches at the beginning because a specific person showed up on my team. And there are not so many people in midbies, pub-side, even on Harby, that it was easy to get matches without them. I ended up quitting about half. :mad:

It's a team game damn it. I don't care if YOU paid your sub. YOU also clicked the button to sign for a team-part of the game with other people. So YOU have a responsibility to those other people to play it like it's meant to be played, not abuse the system with cheating or "playing it your way". If you want to play it YOUR way, go play solo. There's PLENTY of solo content in the game. Practically the WHOLE STUPID GAME is solo. So stop coming into the tiny bit of group content, and screwing around.

Ok, sorry, a bit of a rant there... :(

I bet OP thinks the force speed/roll bugs = cheating

Guess you don't know me too well :rolleyes:

I'm not going to go into what I saw. Anyone who knows me from this forum understands I can tell the difference and what sort it was. I do know the difference between abilities, mechanics and all the possible ways to cheat in this game.

FYI to others, it's not the classes, ie Mercs, which are just funny, it was actual players doing the wrong things.

Uhm... welcome back? :(

This whole game has a "I can play whatever way I want" mentality that is really starting to get to me. Cheating is just part of it. Had someone in a game yesterday who blatantly said at the start "I'm just going to the pylon and sit there, just here to farm XP" (this in midbies). I thought they were joking, but no, that's exactly what they did. Just /waved as the enemy capped, after taking out the other defender there I guess. Was the first time ever that I started just quitting matches at the beginning because a specific person showed up on my team. And there are not so many people in midbies, pub-side, even on Harby, that it was easy to get matches without them. I ended up quitting about half. :mad:

It's a team game damn it. I don't care if YOU paid your sub. YOU also clicked the button to sign for a team-part of the game with other people. So YOU have a responsibility to those other people to play it like it's meant to be played, not abuse the system with cheating or "playing it your way". If you want to play it YOUR way, go play solo. There's PLENTY of solo content in the game. Practically the WHOLE STUPID GAME is solo. So stop coming into the tiny bit of group content, and screwing around.

Ok, sorry, a bit of a rant there... :(

I had a guy on my team say in the second round of Void star he was going to hack if we didn't get through the first door in 30secs. I had to plead with him not to, but he did it anyway. Phased right through the door and capped the second bridge before the first door was open.

Edited by Icykill_

I had a guy on my team say in the second round of Void star he was going to hack if we didn't get through the first door in 30secs. I had to plead with him not to, but he did it anyway. Phased right through the door and capped the second bridge before the first door was open.

You know how to report cheaters. If you forgot, ask Trixxie. That said, it's a crapshoot as to whether Bioware actually takes real action.

About a month or two ago, everyone's favorite showboat posted his hacking methods all over the forums. since then it's become a lot more prevalent. Twice I've seen the exact thing you describe on SL in the past week.

Cheating in a video game is just about the most pathetic, sad thing a person can do. I have more respect for beggars on the streets than these people, and those who defend them.

You know how to report cheaters. If you forgot, ask Trixxie. That said, it's a crapshoot as to whether Bioware actually takes real action.

About a month or two ago, everyone's favorite showboat posted his hacking methods all over the forums. since then it's become a lot more prevalent. Twice I've seen the exact thing you describe on SL in the past week.

Cheating in a video game is just about the most pathetic, sad thing a person can do. I have more respect for beggars on the streets than these people, and those who defend them.

I know, I'm just report fatigued after five years of this rubbish. What gets me isn't wether they do or don't do anything to the cheaters, it's when they do it's an absolute farce.

Giving warnings over and over before the first ban. Then the ban is 24hours and so on. They need to get reported and disaplined so many times before they even get a decent ban of 3 months and then 12 months, even Eric said they never fully ban someone and after 12 months they take them off the ban list.

There is zero deterrent. If they are caught cheating there should be zero tolerance and the account should just be deleted and the email and credit card used to create it should be put on the ban list.

If they can copy/steal ideas from Blizzard (WoW) for other parts of this game. Why can't they copy the same zero tolerance policy? Blizzard are a 100 times more successful, it's about time Bioware copied what works for WoW instead of what doesn't (gear grind)

Guys this is Icy. She's been around here a long time. Like Doc, I find it hard to believe, but I'm also inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to spotting people cheating. Or at least, if she says so, I'm more inclined to believe her than some rando.

Guys this is Icy. She's been around here a long time. Like Doc, I find it hard to believe, but I'm also inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to spotting people cheating. Or at least, if she says so, I'm more inclined to believe her than some rando.

Same. I see very few hacks on a whole because I stick to unranked but I know there are players who have been the benefit of said hacks and are still playing. The main hack I see is the floating one and half the time it's the visual glitch and a non-hack- I'm actually starting to visually see the difference if it's not in the middle of a zergfest.

A lot of people cry foul that classes have abilities (outside of FOTM), that healers can heal/tanks can tank, hybrid classes and on their low DPS usefulness and how that's the fault of the game than them and then most of the same people call normal gameplay hacks.

Icy, Doc, Trixxie and a few regulars I know that even if I disagree on points, that they don't cry wolf, that when they say it's a hack- they aren't just complaining.

There's a player I wish hadn't resubbed, he doesn't cheat but he would have to be my least favourite because he is technically a decent player but I've seen a lost Voidstar where everybody managed to decoy from the doors, after we'd held out an entire Defender round and we were minus a DPS the entire Attacker round because the match wasn't a quick and easy win, so he wrote it off as lost and stayed stealthed out, taking up a team slot to get his daily. For me, cheaters are frustrating but so are people who don't even try to win because it's in the 'too hard' basket because unlike CXP farmers, they know better. They are better but they'd rather mock or insult their team from the sidelines, than leave or actually try and fail or hell hath, succeed.

i have played this game since launch only playing warzones, and i have been in thousands. i have never seen any hacking or cheating. i have heard of someone doing it in solo ranked, but i never saw the guy. worst thing i have seen is a bot.

i have played this game since launch only playing warzones, and i have been in thousands. i have never seen any hacking or cheating. i have heard of someone doing it in solo ranked, but i never saw the guy. worst thing i have seen is a bot.

I was the same until about a month ago. I don't know the subtle hacks, but I've seen a few absolutely blatant things recently. Some guy running so fast in a quesh huttball, 100% of the time, that s/he could not even control the character. When they somehow managed to get the ball, they could not actually score, because they could not direct their toon well enough to get up the ramps without falling back down to the lower level. Or a VS where someone planted the first door while I was looking right at it and no one was there. I was thinking I must have been wrong about that, but on the 2nd door they got on the other side again and started planting over and over, while our team, and ONLY people from our team, stood their disarming it... over and over.

Both in regs obviously, since neither was an arena. Now I'm a believer.

I play a sin and the other day i got accused of cheating because i set a operative on fire. The whole match screaming that i am a cheater a hack because I set him on fire and he plays a sin and knows there is no ability that does that. When i finally said DUDE IT WAS A CRAFTED GRENADE which has a fricken 3min cool down so sit down shutup and L2P. My point is people tend to jump to conclusions and you have noob's who read these forums who have no clue whats what thinking every little quirk is a hack. Turned out the guy accuse me didn't even know there are crafted nades in game and while he did apologize he looked like a complete ***** Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Old chap, you do know that a violation against ToS(Terms of Service) is considered cheating, right? and that my friend you can spot in, I dare to say, in a majority of every wz played . . .

"Greetings everyone,

When talking about anything macro related we would like to provide the following guidelines:

No automation

No delays or looped commands in macros

It is okay to bind a macro that performs abilities after each other as long as it still requires the user to press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed

These rules apply regardless of which peripheral you are using.

Hope this clears it up a bit, but if you have further questions regarding the topic please get back to us!"

Edited by t-darko

I play a sin and the other day i got accused of cheating because i set a operative on fire. The whole match screaming that i am a cheater a hack because I set him on fire and he plays a sin and knows there is no ability that does that. When i finally said DUDE IT WAS A CRAFTED GRENADE which has a fricken 3min cool down so sit down shutup and L2P. My point is people tend to jump to conclusions and you have noob's who read these forums who have no clue whats what thinking every little quirk is a hack. Turned out the guy accuse me didn't even know there are crafted nades in game and while he did apologize he looked like a complete *****

OMG that's priceless. I've seen lots of people be accused of cheating, myself included, but that's one of the funniest examples I've heard over the years. :D

I've been contemplating sharing this experience with you or not. There is always so much hate when the cheat topic comes up. But I think I need to share this.

I was demonstrating the game to a friend today to show the differences between wow pvp and swtor. I created a new toon just to lvl up with her and we got to about lvl 30 playing pve in a few hours. I figured she was ready to try some pvp after we'd been dualing for an hour. The first match was Corellia and we lost the first round because she messed up, but thats cool. The next round we won and it was close. We go into the Third round and Steph is pumped, she wants to get the Jugg that seemed to focus her both rounds. Both of us jumped him and he disappeared. Steph's like what the ??? I thought you said Juggs didn't have stealth. We didn't worry and joined the rest of our team to finish them off. Then we realise the Jugg is still somewhere in the map, but we can't find them. I mark them with a star so we can see them easily and notice the very top of the star sticking out of the ground, but no player. We're all standing around it and no one could see them. Next thing the Jugg is floating above our heads. I leap to them with my Mara but they keep flying up and I miss. This went on for the rest of the round.

At the end of the match everyone was angry, including the other team. The person wouldn't respond to chat or anything.

Steph turned to me and said is that common. All I could say is it doesn't happen much, but there are other things. She frowns at me and said do we report them now and I showed her how. Then she asked what will happen to them, will they have their account deleted like Blizzard does? I didn't know what to say because Ive been trying to get her to come and play swtor for 4 years and this was her first swtor pvp match. I ended up telling her that nothing will probably happen to them and if something did it would be a slap on the wrist. At that point she asked me why I was still playing this game. I didn't have an answer.

Steph won't ever come back because she unfortunately had her first experience ruined by a cheat and Bioware won't stop it. She can't understand why I've invested so much time into a game that the Devs don't care enough about to have proper safe guards in place to stop cheating. She said if the game was new, she could understand, but after all this time it didn't make sense to her.

People will say what ever nasty stuff they want about this post or me, but it won't change the fact that my friend's first pvp experience in this game was terrible and she'll never play again.

Edited by Icykill_