Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your class sucks right now.

IIIDeathGripsIII
02.19.2017 , 09:01 AM | #1
Just thought I would let you know in case you weren't complaining already.

BraverDre
02.20.2017 , 03:42 AM | #2
Sorc dps is so bad that I stoped playing swtor. Not fun to play with broken classes

Gramm
02.20.2017 , 11:19 PM | #3
As a dps sorc community I think we can all agree bioware dun ****ed up. Even other class forums are saying "at least you aren't as bad as dps sorcs now!". Everyone knows dps sorc is the laughing stock of the community. I for one will say madness's ability to survive a fight as much as it did was a bit strong but when you look at the damage they dealt it kind of made sense. We madness sorcs were not bursty at all so we had to survive long enough to deal that damage. Now the damage and healing is so crap that it's actually recommended to just reroll to a different class.

Buellzebubba
02.23.2017 , 04:37 AM | #4
Yeah, maybe it sucks compared to other classes when going head to head, but the sage story is the best so far. I've played all the way through smuggler and trooper and almost sage. Smuggler was really cool except for the huge let-down that the Nok Drayen fabulous treasure was never realized, and you never really do anything with the pirate fleet. That was kind of a let down. The trooper story was ok, but the sage story (almost finished) seems to be super neat. Nothing spectacular like Nok Drayen's treasure but a consistent plot that makes sense.

That being said, the sage is not perfect. They have the worst companions. Theran Cedrax, says, "Did I mention I'm a pacifist?" Did I mention you suck? Finally by level 45 or so you start to get some decent companions that actually speak English. Qyzen is a good fighter, but he's a weird lizard. Not the kind of companion you bring to a dinner party...

Yeah, my sage and sorcerer have a glass jaw when it comes to dealing damage and taking hits, but I'm a PVE enthusiast here for the story, not PVP glory. I don't have the skills to survive in PVP play with any class. Can't "hang with the big dogs" so to speak. I'm just here for the story.

Gramm
02.23.2017 , 02:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Buellzebubba View Post
Yeah, maybe it sucks compared to other classes when going head to head, but the sage story is the best so far. I've played all the way through smuggler and trooper and almost sage. Smuggler was really cool except for the huge let-down that the Nok Drayen fabulous treasure was never realized, and you never really do anything with the pirate fleet. That was kind of a let down. The trooper story was ok, but the sage story (almost finished) seems to be super neat. Nothing spectacular like Nok Drayen's treasure but a consistent plot that makes sense.

That being said, the sage is not perfect. They have the worst companions. Theran Cedrax, says, "Did I mention I'm a pacifist?" Did I mention you suck? Finally by level 45 or so you start to get some decent companions that actually speak English. Qyzen is a good fighter, but he's a weird lizard. Not the kind of companion you bring to a dinner party...

Yeah, my sage and sorcerer have a glass jaw when it comes to dealing damage and taking hits, but I'm a PVE enthusiast here for the story, not PVP glory. I don't have the skills to survive in PVP play with any class. Can't "hang with the big dogs" so to speak. I'm just here for the story.
Sorc/sage dps in pvp and pve are in really bad shape. So both parties are equally mad af. We have to fight for our specs to be buffed now or we'll never see a good day again.

BraverDre
02.24.2017 , 12:31 AM | #6
Yes, people who say that sorcs are alright dont understand what ther are talkin about. Sorc dps specs need to be buffed or every other noob will be playin as a merc or a sniper and troll sorcs in pvp and pve.

Buellzebubba
03.02.2017 , 04:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BraverDre View Post
Yes, people who say that sorcs are alright dont understand what ther are talkin about. Sorc dps specs need to be buffed or every other noob will be playin as a merc or a sniper and troll sorcs in pvp and pve.
How do they troll you in PVE? That's just me against the machine, or better yet me and my son against the machine. He's actually good at this game unlike me...

BraverDre
03.02.2017 , 08:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Buellzebubba View Post
How do they troll you in PVE? That's just me against the machine, or better yet me and my son against the machine. He's actually good at this game unlike me...
We are talking about NiM pve and ranked pvp. Sorcs are bad for hard content. It is a fact

DocGamer
03.08.2017 , 09:30 PM | #9
This class got nerfed so hard in 5.0 If you are a new player and considering this class for DPS, then DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME. You will be very frustrated in both PVP and PVE. Just go make a merc. RIP DPS SORCS.
Harbinger:
Candycat, Moistmuffin, Chocolatemuffin, Banamuffin, Cherrymuffin,
Mileycyrus, Baconyummy, Cinnabuns, Magicmuffin, Snowcone, Lazerlips

nate_river
03.09.2017 , 06:54 AM | #10
Agreed sorc DPS is really bad... broken and needs fix.
But still it's playable. In PvP on my Lightning Sorc I'm pretty well. I'm able to solo kill every class. True it's hard and long way (pain in the a**) but we need serious fix. I would love to kill merc or any other class with 3 hits like other classes are able to kill sorcs.
One thing I've learned sience 4.0 is never ever run with sorc on first fire