Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Quirnheim
12.27.2011 , 01:03 PM | #21
Great...so how does one make any money now? I'm useless at professions and slicing was the only one I was semi-good at.
"What's this? Shakin' down travellers?"
Zadren
33 Powertech
Lord Adraas

Ordric
12.27.2011 , 01:04 PM | #22
So basically, because slicers had no problems to buy the speeder + skill @lvl 25 and some non-slicers had, this crewskill had to be nerfed 1 week after release?

I see...

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.27.2011 , 01:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
Great...so how does one make any money now? I'm useless at professions and slicing was the only one I was semi-good at.
by selling blue/orange items made from crafted skills. crazy concept, right?
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Renifizzle
12.27.2011 , 01:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Amdramnar View Post
Dont forget that there are the slicing things out in the field that have no up front cost. Those are pure profit.

Are just the Moderate yield losing or at the Abundant and Rich and so on also losing?
All now lose money.
Not just small money, big money. We're talking losing 500-1000 credits per mission (30 minutes of crew time)
K: 67%, A: 67%, S: 33%, E: 33%

MeurigVII
12.27.2011 , 01:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chnmmr View Post
Now you're like every other craft where you don't earn money going on missions.
Slicing was made for money returns and augments (that are pretty much useless). The crew skill was made for those that didn't really want to do any "crafting". No sense in being upset when you didn't know slicing was actually useful to later drop your skill to then have it nerfed the day after.

I hope everyone that wanted the nerf is ready for an effected trade market. I know I'm not spending any of my credits on the AH for awhile since things to me look severely overpriced and I know quite a few other slicers are gonna do exactly the same.

If they don't fix slicing shortly, I'll just quit crafting. I don't have the time to dedicate to other crew skills. Not when I'm on for only an hour at a time.

Chosn
12.27.2011 , 01:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by IIII-IIII-IIII View Post
Welcome to the reality of non-Slicers, per leveling up.
again sum1 who doesnt understand crafting. all the gathering u do, all the crafting u do at low lvls, SHOULD BE an investment for the high end items that you will be able to craft and sell. your not losing money your only investing and should make your money back. the difference is that i cant take the negative return that i got from slicing and go make a weapons or armor out of it. its just a straight loss in income.

Frontplayer
12.27.2011 , 01:05 PM | #27
I just send out Mako (9400 Affection) on a rich yield level 3 box mission (870 bucks) and she returns with a green box yielding 989 creds. Nobody will keep slicing for the augments. I now can make ten times the money farming low level heroic caves.
Games are like music.
You listen to music for the sake of listening to it.
You do not want to get to the end of the song as quickly as possible.

Dashall
12.27.2011 , 01:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Laene View Post
More actual results:

Rich level 1
Cost: 295
Returned:142

Abundant level 1
Cost: 120
Returned: 105

Rich level 2
Cost: 535
Returned: 1728

Rich level 2
Cost: 560
Returned: 688
Those level 1 results are disappointing certainly but I can live with the level 2 spread you ended up with. Losing money shouldnt be a common result in any case.
-Dash

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.27.2011 , 01:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Chosn View Post
again sum1 who doesnt understand crafting.
i understand you'll be switching professions now.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Chosn
12.27.2011 , 01:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by IIII-IIII-IIII View Post
i understand you'll be switching professions now.
nah i wont lol i'm 2 lvls from 50 i will just get my gear from raiding and pvp. no need to waste money on a new prof.