Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

KalenDarkmoon
12.28.2011 , 06:24 PM | #1631
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHouse View Post
To everyone saying you are quitting... YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED. Believe it or not, EA/BW doesn't care about you or your money. they tried to reasonably please you, and you were unreasonable, it would be too costly for them to keep you. you tried to ruin SW and got tired, have fun going back to ruining WoW and rift
These quotes were quite frequent on the Star Wars Galaxies forums after the Combat Upgrade and NGE... just saying...

VioletZero
12.28.2011 , 06:24 PM | #1632
Quote: Originally Posted by Unojc View Post
....remember fishing in WoW?
What about it?
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.

Pansophist
12.28.2011 , 06:25 PM | #1633
Quote: Originally Posted by KalenDarkmoon View Post
These quotes were quite frequent on the Star Wars Galaxies forums after the Combat Upgrade and NGE... just saying...
And look what happened there

VioletZero
12.28.2011 , 06:25 PM | #1634
Quote: Originally Posted by KalenDarkmoon View Post
What the hell does that mean?

Are you honestly trying to say that this nerf was on par with the game breaking qualities of NGE?
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.

Demorgoth
12.28.2011 , 06:26 PM | #1635
What's most worrying, is Bioware's implementation. We all knew slicing was overpowered, but:

1) Bioware didn't run the simplest of number simulations on slicing before release to show how overpowered it was, despite plenty of beta data and feedback

2) When they found out, they didn't 'fix' the problem, they overcorrected, effectively removing slicing entirely as a skill by making the longterm balance = null

Players will always find ways to min/max in the game, but something so obvious being followed by something so knee-jerk and over-reactionary, doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

sdlaurin
12.28.2011 , 06:27 PM | #1636
if not reverted by the time my sub runs out i will not be renewing. i already have 2 jobs, dont want a 3rd, im here to play.

Bloodtau
12.28.2011 , 06:27 PM | #1637
Quote: Originally Posted by sdlaurin View Post
if not reverted by the time my sub runs out i will not be renewing. i already have 2 jobs, dont want a 3rd, im here to play.
^ this x1000 and signed.

knightnvy
12.28.2011 , 06:28 PM | #1638
Quote: Originally Posted by demorgoth View Post
what's most worrying, is bioware's implementation. We all knew slicing was overpowered, but:

1) bioware didn't run the simplest of number simulations on slicing before release to show how overpowered it was, despite plenty of beta data and feedback

2) when they found out, they didn't 'fix' the problem, they overcorrected, effectively removing slicing entirely as a skill by making the longterm balance = null

players will always find ways to min/max in the game, but something so obvious being followed by something so knee-jerk and over-reactionary, doesn't bode well for the future of the game.
^^this^^
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Unojc
12.28.2011 , 06:28 PM | #1639
Quote: Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
What about it?
In the very beginning when the game was first released fishing made one a lot for those times. It was greatly nerfed to what it is today which pretty much gives you nothing.
R.I.P. .
R.I.P. Slicing
R.I.P. My Old Names

Yvin
12.28.2011 , 06:30 PM | #1640
Hello everyone!

This thread has exceeded our post threshold. We've recreated it for continued discussion. Please do continue discussing post-update Slicing here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=98429

Thank you!