This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again.

TheFaceCC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be a bitraider-problem. LauncherDiag says:

2017-02-14 17:40:45 INFO Bitraider version [1.3.3.4098] meets requirement [1.3.3.4098]
2017-02-14 17:40:45 ERROR Failed to initialize BitRaider query mapping.
2017-02-14 17:40:45 ERROR Timeout connecting to BitRaider.
2017-02-14 17:40:45 INFO Requesting BitRaider quit..
2017-02-14 17:40:45 INFO BitRaider_QuitBRWC::DoInvoke: Requesting BitRaider quit.
2017-02-14 17:40:45 INFO BitRaider Transitioning from Connect to Error
2017-02-14 17:40:45 ERROR Entering bitraider State Error
2017-02-14 17:41:11 INFO User presses exit - E:(false,Error Text) NE:(true,In der Anwendung ist ein nicht spezifizierter Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuche erneut, den Patch auszuführen.)
2017-02-14 17:41:11 INFO Requesting BitRaider quit..
2017-02-14 17:41:11 INFO BitRaider_QuitBRWC::DoInvoke: Requesting BitRaider quit.
2017-02-14 17:41:11 INFO Initialized pipe connection to BitRaider version [1.3.3.4098]
2017-02-14 17:41:11 INFO Transmitting log before close
2017-02-14 17:41:12 INFO Closed launcher

Looks like it is working for me too - it started patching.

Where do I find these bitraider-querrys? The first advice in my handbook "restart your system" didn't work.

Edited by Exocor

I am also getting this problem. I've tried losing and relaunching 10 times now, still the same message "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again.". i also tried running it as an administrator.....still does not work :/

5 years on and this sort of garbage is still happening. Seriously? Thank you EA for dragging a once good game developer into your black hole and draining it of life. BW in name only, everything that made the developer good, EA have been sure to erase. The good news is whenever the interns get around to fixing this issue, I'll be able to log on and purchase a new set of armor that is totally different to my current set. My current set is black with white stripes and I'll be able to buy it in white with black stripes.

Same. Mine says this before it even starts the patch download. As with other players here have tried the standard fixes.

Any time frame on a fix BW? I know you are looking into it but is it going to be today? if not can make plans to go out. Any updates will be appreciated.

Deleted Bitraider folder woked fine for me and the game started patching ;) Now I can enter the game.

Same. Mine says this before it even starts the patch download. As with other players here have tried the standard fixes.

Any time frame on a fix BW? I know you are looking into it but is it going to be today? if not can make plans to go out. Any updates will be appreciated.

There was no patch today, just backend maintenance.

Note: I use the NON-bitraider version of the game. I logged in this morning without issue.

I'm going to speculate here that the issue is hitting those who have the bitraider version of the launcher/client. Can folks please note if they are using the bitraider or non-bitraider version of the game? It would help localize the issue some.

Edited by Andryah