Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few ideas to improve the stronghold experience.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
A few ideas to improve the stronghold experience.

jdalfonso
02.12.2017 , 12:39 AM | #1
Stronghold decorating is my favorite pass time and if allowed these are a few suggestions I'd like to throw at Bioware to improve the experience.

1: New Stronghold suggestions: (1) Zakuul Estate: makes sense given the outcome of the chapter missions. I really think it should be the largest stronghold yet with plenty of rooms to build a military base or force sensitive temple. (2) Voss Sanctuary: So far the game offers plenty of decoration and location options to make Jedi, Sith, Zakuul and Revanite themed SHs but its pretty lacking in Voss content, which I think is a shame given the mysterious and unique nature of these game specific force users.

2: More personnel Variety: For a game that has been going for more than 6 years, the bank of personnel decorations is actually pretty small and creatively limiting. I'd like to see more trooper options than the standard orange striped Republic troops and the same goes for the rest. Chiss troopers, Imperial/ Rebulic/ Zakuul officers maybe even some Voss and Balmora trooper options would be great. I also think a male and female Voss mystic would make great additions. Some variety among all the force users would be really appreciated especially if they incorporate more personal with battle poses and weapons at the ready such as Zakull Knights or Knight captains with their shields and pole sabers out, they are almost an iconic image in the game now.

3) Complete companion access: I was really peeved when I recruited Arcann but couldn't put up a companion decoration for him. There are a few others like Empress Acina that id love to set up in my stronghold but simply dont exist despite being in my rosters. This complaint also includes not having companion decorations for the alliance contacts. I'm pretty sure a lot of players would appreciate if these companion decorations were updated.

Aeoda
02.13.2017 , 12:27 PM | #2
I actually like these ideas,but I am not sure about another big SH. I have a Yavin and a Tat, and between the hook locations and the giant empty front yard of the Yavin SH, I found it disappointing to decorate them.

A smaller one would definitely be welcomed, and I love the idea of a Voss or Zakuul home.

jdalfonso
02.15.2017 , 12:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeoda View Post
I actually like these ideas,but I am not sure about another big SH. I have a Yavin and a Tat, and between the hook locations and the giant empty front yard of the Yavin SH, I found it disappointing to decorate them.

A smaller one would definitely be welcomed, and I love the idea of a Voss or Zakuul home.
Thanks appreciate the feedback.

lilithfae
02.22.2017 , 11:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeoda View Post

I was just thinking about how much I would love a Voss home - as I finished the Voss quest on my IA.
Then got me thinking, what if some strongholds were class specific? Certain classes can have homes on planets they had a stronger connection with. Like Imperial Agent gets Voss (she has a husband there after all), Inqs might take Korriban, Bounty Hunters Mandalore, Smugglers Hutta...etc.

Xina_LA
03.08.2017 , 09:39 AM | #5
I agree, we have a huge need for more Personnel and there are plenty of pre-existing NPCs available in the game.

We could combine this with the class-based idea: Perhaps completing a class story should unlock a pack of 4 different Personnel to go with it. Here are some ideas:
* Sith Warrior -- Sith Academy instructor, Sith student (we currently only have a padawan), Academy guard, and a pair of Sith training with lightsabers.
* Sith Inquisitor -- Sith practicing force lightning, Sith force-choking a servant, prisoner on a torture table, and a pure-blood Sith male.
* Jedi Knight -- Jedi Temple instructor, padawans practicing with training sabers, a Jedi training with a remote, and a Jedi using a holocall device.
* Jedi Consular -- Two consulars chatting, a healing Jedi (using the regeneration animation), male meditating padawan, and a Jedi sitting in a temple chair.

I'm sure you can think of even better ideas for the various classes.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Capella
03.08.2017 , 10:58 AM | #6
Xina, love those ideas! More personnel pack ideas:

Imperial Agent: Uniformed person sitting at consoles, a uniformed person talking to a couple people in civilian outfits (giving a mission briefing?), people surrounding a table with a holomap up

Trooper: Group of soldiers in Republic armor, high-ranking officer in a Garza-like uniform in a lecturing pose, one or two soldiers interacting with an armor or weapon rack
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Saurat
03.25.2017 , 07:37 AM | #7
i think it would be neat if we could set up defenses and attack/defend strongholds.

surfdawg
03.25.2017 , 11:33 AM | #8
I would be totally down with Zakuul knights (static ones, standing at attention with their shields and pikes), some Overwatch personnel, and other sundry Zakuulan people. My toons are IC'ly Zakuulan, so... yeah. Color me tickled at this possible idea.

shepardm
05.30.2017 , 08:31 AM | #9
my ideas are a zakulan penthouse they could empty out vaylins and give us that you could have a taxi on the balcony that you could take into the city which is minor but i think people like myself would enjoy the visuals of it
click http://www.swtor.com/r/pLwDzw for free in game items 7 days free sub a character transfer and in game pack

casirabit
05.30.2017 , 09:01 AM | #10
Just remove the hooks and give us free rein decorating.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj