Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Parity in PVP

Opaknack
02.06.2017 , 05:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Suprderk View Post
... if we had a chance of winning one from time to time. When I do 19 warzones and only win 1, there is a problem.
When i do 19 races vs Usain Bolt i win 0, there is a problem. I want have a chance of winning one from time to time.
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk"
VC T3M4 TRE Versuchung Carok aka Opahuso

RooRider
02.06.2017 , 06:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
The point of the thread ws faction imbalance which has a simple solution the devs keep ignoring.
I don't know what u are on about after I just stated some observed facts. I'm sure the OP has made some mistakes that helped his team lose, but even if he goes to become the best pvper in this game he will still lose more on the weaker faction. Is it too hard to understand?
It's pretty clear what I wrote, I'll use simpler words so hopefully you understand. Rather than complain about the lack of cross-faction, figure out what YOU can do to better YOUR situation. There are endless threads about the same old stuff;
"It's not fair I have to play against pre-mades." (if you want easy fights go play your class missions)
"It's not fair I lose on the pub side cause all the bads play this faction." (either go play on imp side where there is a larger pvp population or put on your big boy pants and grind it out)
"It's not fair, I lose cause my gear isn't as good as they other team." (no, you lost because you were outplayed)
Rather than complain and expect YOUR problems to be solved by SOMEONE ELSE, try solving them yourself. Rather than shift the blame for your poor performance, perhaps ask yourself what you could have done differently so that you would have performed better; what were the other team doing that made them so dominant (and if your answer is hacking, there is no hope for you). If you're interested in getting better, getting spanked by the other team isn't a bad thing. If all you want is easy fights, go do pve.
Unfortunately this is only the 49,998th thread complaining about faction imbalance and/or pre-mades; if it was the 50,000th the op would have got a free ice-cream.
I'm guessing the devs are well aware that people want cross-faction, limited healers in 8's etc; when was the game released? 2012? Unfortunately they're very busy atm; EA are demanding 5 re-skins of each new mount, pet, weapon and armor set released in the latest cartel pack. Catering to the wishes of the small number of subscribers who exclusively pvp isn't a top priority. It's not fair I know, but it is what it is.
So your options are limited; continue to complain ("The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" -Albert Einstein), quit the game, or look for ways you can improve your situation.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games

RooRider
02.06.2017 , 06:06 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Opaknack View Post
When i do 19 races vs Usain Bolt i win 0, there is a problem. I want have a chance of winning one from time to time.
Now I know some ignorant people will tell you you'll need to train, diet etc. for years so you can be the fastest you; that's a load of garbage. The best thing you can do is write a thread complaining that Usain Bolt is op, and demand he be nerfed or you'll un-sub.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games

Paratusin
02.06.2017 , 09:03 AM | #14
I have noticed this imbalance too. what's crazy is when you check the stats at the end... and you usually see people who have over 5x the stats of other people. I really don't get it. I play rep side and usually have between 1500 and 3k dps, assuming i'm not guarding something. (often it's more like 2k-2.5k. this is for my sent and shadow, both burst specs). which I feel is decent. what I really don't get is when half my team has like 500-800 dps (not including healers). it's like they're just going out and slowly hitting their basic attack over and over. I often have more deaths and more dmg received than these ppl too. the unbalanced part though is that the vast majority of imp players seem to be decent, while only about half the rep players are. btw, none of my chars have good gear, so it's not that. I honestly think this is prob because a lot more children play rep side, and a lot more adults play imp side. I really think that the only fix for this is mixing the factions for pvp. I know this happens sometimes already, cause occasionally i'll just end up with 6 or 7 imp teammates, but I think it needs to be done with every match. you're right, losing 80-90% of games is NOT fun, esp when the difference in rewards is soooooo freaking huge. no wonder I keep seeing people in wzs I think are cheating, when you offer so much more to the winners. btw, rewarding the winning team wayyyyyyy more than the losing team just keeps adding to this imbalance, as the pvp imps are always going to be much better geared than the pvp reps. it's like it was designed to be very imbalanced... personally I think these devs in charge are literally insane.

Suprderk
02.06.2017 , 09:52 AM | #15
For the record, while I don't consider myself an all star PVPer, but I feel like I more than hold my own. I do not feel like I am a liability to my team. The parity was bad pre 5.1 but has gotten much worse since. Sometimes there just isn't much a player can do if he hangs in there a while, but when he dies 4 or 5 of his teammates are dead waiting behind the wall to get back in the match. If half the team is dead and any given time and 3 or 4 players are fighting 7 -8 it just isn't going to end well, especially when half the time there isn't even a healer in the group.

teclado
02.06.2017 , 11:08 AM | #16
Just do what I did a long time ago. Give up on the losing faction (depends on your server). In the long run, you'll be much happier.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

Suprderk
02.06.2017 , 11:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
Just do what I did a long time ago. Give up on the losing faction (depends on your server). In the long run, you'll be much happier.
I wish it was that easy. Since I have acquired most of my set pieces on my republic character, which are bound to that character, and the unassembled components are bound to character, I really don't have a choice on which on to do the PVP on. If they would make the unassembled components bound to legacy I could at least PVP with imp characters.

Its also not just about losing matches, in losing, republic characters are earning less unassembled components, less cxp, and are forced to play more matches for the weekly. I had to do 19 matches to get the 20 required for the weekly, whereas if someone on the imp side had played the same matches I did on the opposite team, they would have been able to only play 10-11 for the weekly. If you figured the added time because of the losses its probably around 2 more hours I spend pvping to get the weekly.

jedcjedcjedc
02.06.2017 , 11:58 AM | #18
A faction can be bad but going to those lengths is never completely about the faction. I know the pubs on JC have actually been doing a lot better, they're winning a lot more than they used to.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Lotsanerv
02.06.2017 , 01:05 PM | #19
I can say for certain that Rep pugs on Harbinger will not interrupt and tunnel healers. I'm not sure why, but we see it every single evening. It's laughable. At about 5:30p server, the lunacy starts on the pub side. Your chance of running with the one or two premades with any talent decrease substantially at about that time. The small group I run with tries to have pub side toons finished by then.

Pubs,
Learn to cc, interrupt and tunnel the heals. When you see a target over that sorc's head, it's not there to look cute. Seriously, take a look at the heal numbers and damage taken at the end of your match. You should be ashamed. It's such a breath of fresh air to switch factions every evening because we get to play with other folks who are aggressive, disrupt heals and focus attacks instead of playing with the goons who stand there and wail on the immortal jugg while the sorc runs around kiting one dps and tops 4 mil in heals. Forreal, it's imbalanced because of stupidity and nothing else.

DariusCalera
02.06.2017 , 01:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Suprderk View Post
I wish it was that easy. Since I have acquired most of my set pieces on my republic character, which are bound to that character, and the unassembled components are bound to character, I really don't have a choice on which on to do the PVP on. If they would make the unassembled components bound to legacy I could at least PVP with imp characters.

Its also not just about losing matches, in losing, republic characters are earning less unassembled components, less cxp, and are forced to play more matches for the weekly. I had to do 19 matches to get the 20 required for the weekly, whereas if someone on the imp side had played the same matches I did on the opposite team, they would have been able to only play 10-11 for the weekly. If you figured the added time because of the losses its probably around 2 more hours I spend pvping to get the weekly.
For your set pieces just put them in legacy armor and send them to your imp toon. As long as they are mirror classes of each other the set bonus will still work.

Now, if you are talking about the shells and if you are still in tier 1 then you will have to regrind to get them but if you are winning more with the faction change and you are having more fun doing so then it is probably worth the trade off.

As for the unassembled components , yeah, they are bound to your pub toon at this time but that really isn't a huge loss if your win ratio goes up.