Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Parity in PVP

Suprderk
02.05.2017 , 01:30 PM | #1
This week doing the PVP weekly for me consisted of 18 losses and 1 win. Something is bad wrong, but it is probably a combination of things. Something needs to be done to make the playing field more level. I am really not a fan of a daily grind of PVP anyhow and would prefer doing other things, but since it is the only way to get the unassembled pieces and it is a decent source of cxp I make myself do it. I think that this is a big part of the problem. I am sure I am not the only one doing pvp because I have too, not because I want too. Personally I think it would be better to have more ways to get the unassembled components, but if we are going to be forced to do it, it would be a little more tolerable if we had a chance of winning one from time to time. When I do 19 warzones and only win 1, there is a problem.

earthtoearl
02.06.2017 , 12:13 AM | #2
I have the same experience and opinion. After over 50 rounds of PVP the REP win rate is about 20%.
IMP side is way overpowered. NOT FUN!
(I comment more in another thread.)

invertioN
02.06.2017 , 12:24 AM | #3
If only there was a way to fix this, like if you could get players from both factions in the same team somehow. If only there was a way to do this................... after years working on this game the devs didn't find a way to do it though so it must be impossible, apart from that one map almost nobody likes
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

DariusCalera
02.06.2017 , 12:34 AM | #4
One of the things suggested to the devs was that they have assembled components as rewards for other activities, such as flashpoints, Uprisings, and possibly planetary heroics, but those suggestions were ignored.

Now as for the discrepancy between the factions there are quite a few things that influence it. One of the greatest is simply that the imps tend to have the more skilled PvPers. Not only that, but they usually have more of them. The pubs tend to have the newer players and ones that are unfamiliar not only with war zones but with their classes themselves. Not knocking those new players or anything since my first toon was a guardian as well.

But you really can't separate out the new players from the more experienced ones. The devs could try to do it by valor rating but then that rating would have to be made legacy wide or else people would just roll a new toon and power it up to 70 and farm new players that way.

Of course the other reason why they can't do this is because it would make the queue times extremely long. If they added cross server then it might be manageable but they have already said that they will never do that.

In short, there is no clear cut way to actually fix the disparity that you see other than for the players to learn the classes and the war zones.

The one thing I would suggest for the future though is to not wait until 70 to start pvping. Start in the lowbie and mid brackets where it is easier so that jumping into 70 pvp is not so much of a shock.

RooRider
02.06.2017 , 12:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Suprderk View Post
This week doing the PVP weekly for me consisted of 18 losses and 1 win. Something is bad wrong, but it is probably a combination of things. Something needs to be done to make the playing field more level. I am really not a fan of a daily grind of PVP anyhow and would prefer doing other things, but since it is the only way to get the unassembled pieces and it is a decent source of cxp I make myself do it. I think that this is a big part of the problem. I am sure I am not the only one doing pvp because I have too, not because I want too. Personally I think it would be better to have more ways to get the unassembled components, but if we are going to be forced to do it, it would be a little more tolerable if we had a chance of winning one from time to time. When I do 19 warzones and only win 1, there is a problem.
Something is indeed wrong; what is the one constant in the 19 games you played?
What the devs should do is monitor every single player over the course of a month; then take the teams from FIFA and MADDEN that assign player ratings, bring them over here and assign ratings for each individual player on swtor (subs and f2p). Based on those stats, our class abilities will be adjusted. Eg, when I play healer my aoe heal has a cd of 10s, whereas a good healer has a cd on their aoe of 5mins.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games

invertioN
02.06.2017 , 12:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RooRider View Post
Something is indeed wrong; what is the one constant in the 19 games you played?
What the devs should do is monitor every single player over the course of a month; then take the teams from FIFA and MADDEN that assign player ratings, bring them over here and assign ratings for each individual player on swtor (subs and f2p). Based on those stats, our class abilities will be adjusted. Eg, when I play healer my aoe heal has a cd of 10s, whereas a good healer has a cd on their aoe of 5mins.
lol
implying 1 terrible person makes the team lose reg wzs.
lol.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

RooRider
02.06.2017 , 01:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
lol
implying 1 terrible person makes the team lose reg wzs.
lol.
Well it doesn't exactly help does it?
EA's no.1 fanboi

invertioN
02.06.2017 , 01:28 AM | #8
Well it doesn't exactly help does it?
No, but on a server with extreme faction imbalance a bad player will still win half the games if he is playing on the better faction, so It's a bit ignorant to say its OP's fault. The difference between rep and imp teams can be amazing, you can afk all your games on the stronger faction and still win more.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

RooRider
02.06.2017 , 02:19 AM | #9
You're right, it is pretty ignorant of me to suggest self examination over expecting others to fix your shortcomings; I mean, this game is an extension of life after all.
Moving to the faction with the larger playing pool, not pvping on pubs, looking at what you're doing wrong in games and treating the loses as lessons...these are ludicrous suggestions. You want to pvp on the pub side, you want to win at pvp on pub side and you want someone else to do something about it.
EA's no.1 fanboi

invertioN
02.06.2017 , 04:14 AM | #10
You're right, it is pretty ignorant of me to suggest self examination over expecting others to fix your shortcomings; I mean, this game is an extension of life after all.
Moving to the faction with the larger playing pool, not pvping on pubs, looking at what you're doing wrong in games and treating the loses as lessons...these are ludicrous suggestions. You want to pvp on the pub side, you want to win at pvp on pub side and you want someone else to do something about it.
The point of the thread ws faction imbalance which has a simple solution the devs keep ignoring.
I don't know what u are on about after I just stated some observed facts. I'm sure the OP has made some mistakes that helped his team lose, but even if he goes to become the best pvper in this game he will still lose more on the weaker faction. Is it too hard to understand?
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU