When will there be a new Stronghold?

Turbelagos

The title pretty much says it all. When will we have a new SH? It's a a topic that shows up a lot, and you even have tons of people suggesting new places and concepts, so there is an audience who wants them. So when can we get a new one? There are only 5 SHs in this game (7 If you count the flagships), and to be honest It is getting quite redundant, even if you decorate the same ones in different ways.

At this point we could have SHs in:

- Alderaan

- Voss

- Zakuul

- Iokath (with the new content coming up)

- Odessen

- Rishi (sorta looks like Scarif, ride on that Rogue One hype)

- Hoth

- Koriban and Tython (you'll need both or none)

People have been asking for awhile and we still don't have an update. We haven't had one since Yavin and I've got the itch for a new home. I'd really like to see one come out with 5.2.

Odessen seems an obvious choice, building off our base there; give us an instanced spot we can decorate as our own, rather than the private base we can walk around that doesn't have any customizability. Possibly Zakuul since we seem to be ruling over it now with its old leadership gone. I loved the palace from chapter 6, let's give it some repairs and rule from it.

I like your idea about Rishi riding the Rogue One hype.

I've always personally wanted Alderaan the most. Give us an empty palace as a reward for everything we've done for the planet - deposing the unliked Ulgo king, the deeds we did during our class stories, saving it from the Star Fortress... We deserve it.

Edited by Capella

My first choice is a Rakata Prime or Rishi beach front property, but I'd be happy with any new stronghold...

...as long as the limit increases. I'm not giving up any of the SHs I've already built out.

I'm going to cross my fingers that it doesn't have round rooms, slanted walls, wide floorboards/wainscoting, windows that you can't see through with Bloom turned off (Nar Shaddaa!), areas you can't reach without jumping off a taxi (Nar Shaddaa!!), or colored sky lighting (Tattooine!!!).

The only thing I'd love more than a new stronghold is bug fixes for existing strongholds and decorations.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Where did you get this information from? Do you happen to know if there will be a stronghold limit increase?

I don't doubt that they will increase the limit to 6 when we get a sixth Stronghold. For me the real question is: Will they change the interface so we can keep Nar Shaddaa on the first page? NS is my to-go stronghold for all chars that don't have their own home. As long as Nar Shaddaa is moved to page 2 when we have more than 4 strongholds, I won't get another one.

As for "rumors" that may not be discussed here: People keep asking for Alderaan, Rishi and Manaan. Why in the world would BW give us another city-planet apartment?

Edited by Mubrak

As for "rumors" that may not be discussed here: People keep asking for Alderaan, Rishi and Manaan. Why in the world would BW give us another city-planet apartment?

I have to agree with you here. Yet another urban stronghold would be a mistake unless it has a massive greenspace, perhaps a giant garden balcony. Even then, it wouldn't be as popular as Alderaan, Manaan, or Rishi. Personally, I'm hoping for some nice Rishi beachfront property with an ocean view!

• 2 weeks later...
I really think a stronghold on belsavis, balmorra, Hoth or korriban and Tython would be really cool belsavis could be in an old rakata prison block that could have one side with a bunch of snow and another side with the forest balmorra could be in an old military base or factory hoth could be in an ice cave korriban could be in an old tomb and Tython could be in a cave or village kinda thing

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you get this information from? Do you happen to know if there will be a stronghold limit increase?

They are getting it from datamined information so it is not necessary true until we get an official word from BW I will wait and see.

I don't doubt that they will increase the limit to 6 when we get a sixth Stronghold. For me the real question is: Will they change the interface so we can keep Nar Shaddaa on the first page? NS is my to-go stronghold for all chars that don't have their own home. As long as Nar Shaddaa is moved to page 2 when we have more than 4 strongholds, I won't get another one.

Possibly because of the fact that you are either the Empresses (or Emperor) or Peace Keeper (which is basically the same thing except you took light side to work together) and this would be a palace of sorts for someone that did that. Manaan I would have enjoyed if they did it correctly, which might be a problem (Half above/Half below sea level)

They are getting it from datamined information so it is not necessary true until we get an official word from BW I will wait and see.

The devs also confirmed in in the last streams twitch chat.

"Are we getting a Zakuul Stronghold for 5.2?"

"That stronghold isn't for 5.2"

Thanks. I missed that but with all the text going on and I was baking at the time as well so thank you.

Limit increases are tricky for them so it's hard to say. Originally they said 4 would stay the max and we have 5. So who knows?

Edited by Tsillah

datamining suggests that it is going to look similar like Vaylin's penthouse in KOTET and is rumored to be quite large. Fingers crossed

datamining suggests that it is going to look similar like Vaylin's penthouse in KOTET and is rumored to be quite large. Fingers crossed

So yet another behemoth of a stronghold... I wonder if we'll ever get more smaller ones like the DK and Cor apartments. Kaliyo's home would be perfect for that, and it's on Zakuul as well. Just saying.

IMHO, a Zakuul penthouse is too much like a Dromund Kaas penthouse.

If it has a huge outdoor balcony with a large green area (like the location of Vaylin's party), that would help.

It would have to come with some amazing hook layouts and features to be worth unlocking, though.

I laughed at the "beast pens" comment. I have so many creature mounts that I'd like to show off! ;)