Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

jedcjedcjedc
02.04.2017 , 01:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
We know your view. You love your gear advantage over the average player and you want to keep the gearing process slow so that you can keep your advantage as long as possible. You've never been good at pvp but now you are beating some people and you want to keep believing it is because your skill increased.

Although, from seeing you in the past I'm sure that even with 242 you aren't too much of a threat
Apparently you don't know nearly as much as you like to think, considering your post has a grand total of 0 things correct. Let's address them, shall we? that will be fun

We know your view. You love your gear advantage over the average player and you want to keep the gearing process slow so that you can keep your advantage as long as possible.
Ooh, a swing and a miss for attempt #1!! I have repeatedly advocated for increased componentss among other changes and have posted the new changes on this very thread where we are getting almost 4x the GCXP to go along with those increased components. I have also repeatedly explained how people can use their extra pieces to gear up alts at or above bolster level, while offering to craft mods/enhancements for free.

You've never been good at pvp but now you are beating some people and you want to keep believing it is because your skill increased.
Another whiff on attempt #2. I earn my gear through pvp, so saying I'm highly geared is admitting I win a lot to get that gear in this short amount of time. I'm also pretty certain we haven't played with or against each other before, I'd even doubt your on the same server. This makes any comment on my skill by you automatically invalid.

Although, from seeing you in the past I'm sure that even with 242 you aren't too much of a threat
Annnnnd a strike out, so sad, so sad. Oh I'm sure, Ignoring the fact that I highly doubt I've run into you on any server (you must have been very forgettable), this coming from the guy that can't stop crying about premades and hides his identity while making failed attempts to call others out. nice try there, bud
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Lundorff
02.04.2017 , 04:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
Ooh, a swing and a miss for attempt #1!! I have repeatedly advocated for increased componentss among other changes and have posted the new changes on this very thread where we are getting almost 4x the GCXP to go along with those increased components. I have also repeatedly explained how people can use their extra pieces to gear up alts at or above bolster level, while offering to craft mods/enhancements for free.
It's still going to take forever and a day to gear a new character, and how long do you think Joe NewPlayer will stick around at level 70, when all he got is bolstered 232 with no set bonus against players with level 24x with set bonus? Please stop trying to sell GC, no one here is buying.

Genuine question: Are in any way affiliated with EA / BW?

DarthRaika
02.05.2017 , 12:11 AM | #13
Apparently you don't know nearly as much as you like to think, considering your post has a grand total of 0 things correct. Let's address them, shall we? that will be fun

You are one of the very few to defend the current system. The current system is anti-alts and people in largely 240+ are at a rather large gear advantage to the average pvp'r. You are largely 240+. If you made only one or two posts defending 5.1 I would think it is possible that you just have different tastes however you work very hard to promote 5.1 and it at least seems that you like the gear advantage you now have.

Another whiff on attempt #2. I earn my gear through pvp, so saying I'm highly geared is admitting I win a lot to get that gear in this short amount of time. I'm also pretty certain we haven't played with or against each other before, I'd even doubt your on the same server. This makes any comment on my skill by you automatically invalid.

You just need to play a lot to get gear. Wins speed up the rate at which gear is acquired but are not necessary. Also, even a bad player can be carried in regs near half the time. You have even admitted to buying and crafting a lot of gear and so your comment about through pvp doesn't mean anything.

Annnnnd a strike out, so sad, so sad. Oh I'm sure, Ignoring the fact that I highly doubt I've run into you on any server (you must have been very forgettable), this coming from the guy that can't stop crying about premades and hides his identity while making failed attempts to call others out. nice try there, bud
I did several chars in ranked last season and I put a dps sorc on JC for a quick run to 1700 in case the mounts were cool and/or if they made a nice armor set . I saw you a couple times and well...not impressed. I would not normally bring this up but since I am making the point that you enjoy the gear gap it would make sense. BTW, I'm not saying people in 240s are bad. There are a lot of good players that were good before 240 but that doesn't mean that 5.1 is good.

Also, it is funny that you would spend the time to check my post history but since you did please read closer. I love premading. In Rift I would premade half the time and had the best premade in my server group. I just hate constant pugstomping. I don't premade very often in swtor because of the lack of x-server, mixed faction, and matchmaking. Normal people do not enjoy pugstomping. We want even matches. It is like when I used to play basketball. If there weren't many people playing and one team was just far better than the others we would mix the teams up to make the games more fun. This is what normal people want.

jedcjedcjedc
02.05.2017 , 12:19 AM | #14
considering I wasn't really even playing during S7, that might have been a bit difficult. Nice try though
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

TrixxieTriss
02.05.2017 , 12:20 AM | #15
...hides his identity while making failed attempts to call others out. nice try there, bud
Pot calling the kettle black

falkron-kerupt
02.05.2017 , 12:20 AM | #16
considering I am from the guild death on jc and have no clue what im posting but do it for the luls

Fixed. ooops or was i not supposed to tell them who you are aiden.Gosh darn those dang jc rekkids has foiled you again.oh look what class to .Think you should stop posting your nonsense.

Name: AidenVemrork
Class: Merc
Record Broken and Spot: WZ 70's HPS #3 (currently, but koltoshots' record will make this one 4th)
Number: 6,013.32
Guild: DEATH

TrixxieTriss
02.05.2017 , 12:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by falkron-kerupt View Post
Fixed. ooops or was i not supposed to tell them who you are aiden.Gosh darn those dang jc rekkids has foiled you again.oh look what class to .Think you should stop posting your nonsense.

Name: AidenVemrork
Class: Merc
Record Broken and Spot: WZ 70's HPS #3 (currently, but koltoshots' record will make this one 4th)
Number: 6,013.32
Guild: DEATH
LoL

falkron-kerupt
02.05.2017 , 12:38 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
LoL
thought people would love that

stoopicus
02.05.2017 , 12:42 AM | #19
Well, at least he's a healer.

Zombiesalmon
02.05.2017 , 01:05 AM | #20
I feel like they dug themselves in a hole here. The solution to me would be too make GC levels legacy bound. This would actually promote playing alts.

The hole: RNG gear from crates. You need the level pops to get your gear.

I wish they would have left the normal gear vendors, one gear to rule them all ( I like that I can PvE once in a while, and it counts towards PvP grind). Then created one currency (remember the goal was to simplify)
I amZombieSalmon and I'm here to kill your monster.