Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

Lundorff
02.03.2017 , 05:11 PM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...61#edit9231661

To summarize:

• GC persists
  • RNG persists
  • ALTs are still mostly ignored
  • F2P and Pref are still ignored
  • The grind remains
  • No Unassembled Components from doing other stuff than PVP
  • Oh and some mumbo jumbo about CXP increses... smoke and mirrors
  • Lowbies / midbies does still not earn anything

Meh.

DarkSaberMaster
02.03.2017 , 06:01 PM | #2
Working as intended.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

jedcjedcjedc
02.03.2017 , 06:50 PM | #3
you're kidding right? almost quadruple GC exp, exp packs legacy bound, increased components drop rate + a bunch more, you'd have to be crazy to still be complaining. you know how extremely simple that makes it?
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Ottoattack
02.03.2017 , 07:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
you're kidding right? almost quadruple GC exp, exp packs legacy bound, increased components drop rate + a bunch more, you'd have to be crazy to still be complaining. you know how extremely simple that makes it?
Does it? Not to mention the extremely way over convoluted and confusing system to buff GC, the number of boxes you open is nearly irrelevant as the chance of useful items is very low.

The only thing that would have been useful is buffing UC, which is not coming till a month from now and is still not determined. Or of course improve the chance of items per box.

To summarize the changes are nearly useless. Depending on the UC changes in a month, it might be better.

stoopicus
02.03.2017 , 08:34 PM | #5
Ooh, the rate of the disintegration crates is increasing!

Luckily it sounds like they are addressing the rate of components...

...in a month.

TrixxieTriss
02.03.2017 , 09:52 PM | #6
Not happy about the add 250% XP boost which wasn't mentioned in Eric's post.
That means any Alts will lvl fast in lowbies and mids and I like to lvl at a normal rate.
At 250% I'll be able to take a lvl 10 up to 70 in a few days.
Considering lowbies and mids is the only enjoyable pvp for me at the moment until this RNG gear thing is fully sorted out. This XP boost ruins the last bastion of enjoyment still in the game for me.
I don't know if this effects anyone else or if it's just me. But I've PMd Eric to ask for an option to turn it off. I've also started a thread if anyone else would like to request this option.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913595

Alex_York
02.04.2017 , 01:19 AM | #7
RNG can be a pain in the *** sometimes but it's fine by me, I do like components from PVP, already upgraded to 242 5 pieces, it's fine. The only thing I have a problem with is changing "complicating" system to something more streamlined but to just complicate it even further in the future (components pieces etc.). More of a quick fix rather than a solution.
Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

AlCorazon
02.04.2017 , 07:24 AM | #8
U know what I am surprised at? Actually no surprise.
Didn't musco say that there will be no boosts for sale? I mean when they first talked about this sytem.

So now u can pay and increase your CXP!
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL

jedcjedcjedc
02.04.2017 , 07:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex_York View Post
RNG can be a pain in the *** sometimes but it's fine by me, I do like components from PVP, already upgraded to 242 5 pieces, it's fine. The only thing I have a problem with is changing "complicating" system to something more streamlined but to just complicate it even further in the future (components pieces etc.). More of a quick fix rather than a solution.
Same here, got my 242 pants, few more games till my 242 belt, while having enough mods/enhancements in my bank to gear up an alt in equal or above bolster gear.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

DarthRaika
02.04.2017 , 11:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
Same here, got my 242 pants, few more games till my 242 belt, while having enough mods/enhancements in my bank to gear up an alt in equal or above bolster gear.
We know your view. You love your gear advantage over the average player and you want to keep the gearing process slow so that you can keep your advantage as long as possible. You've never been good at pvp but now you are beating some people and you want to keep believing it is because your skill increased.

Although, from seeing you in the past I'm sure that even with 242 you aren't too much of a threat