Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DVL gear bolstering stats in PVP above and beyond, Exploit or WAI?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DVL gear bolstering stats in PVP above and beyond, Exploit or WAI?

QuiveringPotato
02.02.2017 , 05:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
You got more mastery with DvL gear.. but less crit/power due to lacking augments. Start by augmenting your DvL gear.
I actually have more crit and power in the DvL gear even without augments. Still hit for less on the dummy, lol. And in WZs, I hit a bit higher, but concealment's not gonna be critting for over ~16k tops.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Kawiki
02.02.2017 , 05:10 PM | #12
QP - I have not seen huge gains either in the crit department (I do have it augmented) though I was pretty well optimized before I started testing the DvL gear. Overall I would say it is a ~10% increase in both crit amounts, DPS, Health pool and other "main" categories. Some stats seem to be bolstering higher/better, for instance alacrity on my Mara.

As Gron said in the other thread my estimation is that it is on par with 242 gear. Though this may not be ccurate as I'm still working towards 242. But based on the current information we have and the silence from BW i do not think it is a serious exploit (or even an exploit, it is a bug).

In short, I think it is a bug that bolsters you to be on with ~242. I do believe it should be fixed but in the grand scheme of current PvP it is a relatively minor issue. But just because i don't want to hear the whiners anymore I hope it is fixed next patch.

stoopicus
02.02.2017 , 08:53 PM | #13
Yep that pretty much lines up with my own testing at the bolsterizer. And mine is augged. I posted numbers in the other thread with 228 augs in the suit, and with both 210 and 240 mods in the suit.

tl;dr it looks like it is bolstering to about 242 to me but hard to say as I don't have a full 242 suit to compare with. So BiS but probably not way off the charts like some imply.

Beyrahl
02.03.2017 , 06:32 AM | #14
with 240 mods and enh in this gear you hit 5,2k power and somewhere around 8k mastery. It's insane bolster.

stoopicus
02.03.2017 , 06:56 AM | #15
actual numbers:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...57&postcount=8

that's with 5 pieces, not a full set; 240 mods, 210 enh, 208 augs (overkill IIRC, I forget what I used)

AlrikFassbauer
02.03.2017 , 10:06 AM | #16
I wonder how many people actually have this set ?

I mean, are we talking about an mass advantage, or the advantage of an minority ?
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

jedcjedcjedc
02.03.2017 , 10:27 AM | #17
even then it's one without a set bonus.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Kawiki
02.03.2017 , 11:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I wonder how many people actually have this set ?

I mean, are we talking about an mass advantage, or the advantage of an minority ?
I rarely see more then 1 per warzone. Though I have seen a couple premades all wearing it.

Going
02.03.2017 , 01:13 PM | #19
When tanks in dps gear have 150k hp and a tank in miti gear has 170k hp, that's a huge disadvantage
I understand this sounds like a cry baby post but I feel this needs to be addressed.
Skill trumps gear any day and it shows as some really bad players who use this gear still perform badly, but the good ones have a much higher advantage.
People who talk like it doesn't make much of difference have A: not experienced it
B: use it
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos

Going
02.03.2017 , 01:30 PM | #20
When tanks in dps gear have 150k hp and a tank in miti gear has 170k hp, that's a huge disadvantage
I understand this sounds like a cry baby post but I feel this needs to be addressed.
Skill trumps gear any day and it shows as some really bad players who use this gear still perform badly, but the good ones have a much higher advantage.
People who talk like it doesn't make much of difference have A: not experienced it
B: use it
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos