Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DVL gear bolstering stats in PVP above and beyond, Exploit or WAI?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DVL gear bolstering stats in PVP above and beyond, Exploit or WAI?

Going
02.02.2017 , 12:13 AM | #1
Can we get a legit response on this, and if it is known to you guys or not? When you have the DVL gear equipped your stats are bolstered to 250 from what it looks like. If possible respond to us if this is working as intended or if this is something that could be boiled down to an exploit. Please and thank you.

From my understanding this gear cannot be obtained anymore, so this is a huge disadvantage, for some.
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos

QuiveringPotato
02.02.2017 , 12:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Going View Post
Can we get a legit response on this, and if it is known to you guys or not? When you have the DVL gear equipped your stats are bolstered to 250 from what it looks like. If possible respond to us if this is working as intended or if this is something that could be boiled down to an exploit. Please and thank you.

From my understanding this gear cannot be obtained anymore, so this is a huge disadvantage, for some.
I'm not sure if it bolsters THAT high. Then again, I haven't had above 208 gear because in 5.0 the 230 gear was garbage, I was just disintegrating everything I got. Kinda screwed me over in terms of gearing because now I don't even have the shells anymore.

I'm not sure if the bolster works differently in warzones, but from my testing on fleet with the bolsterizer:

I'm in full 208's (with some 230 implants and stuff thrown in), with 228 purple augs in this picture: https://i.gyazo.com/c410cfc4df608ff3...6c7c27911e.png

and full DvL gear with the green level 65 210 mods, with the same implants/relics as before, no augs: https://i.gyazo.com/58d3ef294b22f5d2...98c0608ac9.png

On a dummy, my autocrit Volatile Substance with the 208's was hitting for around 14-15k dependent on relic procs.

In the DvL gear, I was hitting for 12.6k - 13k, despite having nearly 1k more mastery, more crit, and more bonus damage.

The only real benefit this gives is the extra HP. I can barely hit for 15k in warzones when mercs are still pushing over 30k. #Balance

I'll look again in a match, but I seemed to be hitting 15-16k volatile sub crits in there as well, in the dvl gear.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

stoopicus
02.02.2017 , 12:56 AM | #3
Three threads in this forum (two for over a week), two in the bug reports forum, plus PMs, no response. So I am thinking they have given their answer at this point - they don't consider it a problem worth commenting on.
Also:

Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
I'm not sure if it bolsters THAT high.
Correct, it's not. When Bolster was 250 the DvL gear bolstered much higher than it does now, even.

QuiveringPotato
02.02.2017 , 12:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Three threads in this forum (two for over a week), two in the bug reports forum, plus PMs, no response. So I am thinking they have given their answer at this point - they don't consider it a problem worth commenting on.
Also:

Correct, it's not. When Bolster was 250 the DvL gear bolstered much higher than it does now, even.
Ah, that may be why midbies was so goofy, then.
Arteum | Celden

Alec_Fortescue
02.02.2017 , 12:43 PM | #5
I wore it for a group finder op because i was too lazy to change mods... It actually works with pve bolster, too. Had best stats in my raid group

falkron-kerupt
02.02.2017 , 02:08 PM | #6
I'm not sure if it bolsters THAT high. Then again, I haven't had above 208 gear because in 5.0 the 230 gear was garbage, I was just disintegrating everything I got. Kinda screwed me over in terms of gearing because now I don't even have the shells anymore.

I'm not sure if the bolster works differently in warzones, but from my testing on fleet with the bolsterizer:

I'm in full 208's (with some 230 implants and stuff thrown in), with 228 purple augs in this picture: https://i.gyazo.com/c410cfc4df608ff3...6c7c27911e.png

and full DvL gear with the green level 65 210 mods, with the same implants/relics as before, no augs: https://i.gyazo.com/58d3ef294b22f5d2...98c0608ac9.png

On a dummy, my autocrit Volatile Substance with the 208's was hitting for around 14-15k dependent on relic procs.

In the DvL gear, I was hitting for 12.6k - 13k, despite having nearly 1k more mastery, more crit, and more bonus damage.

The only real benefit this gives is the extra HP. I can barely hit for 15k in warzones when mercs are still pushing over 30k. #Balance

I'll look again in a match, but I seemed to be hitting 15-16k volatile sub crits in there as well, in the dvl gear.
Your info is incorrect . How can you even imply that they are correct. With out dvl gear you used 228 augs with it you did not use the aug's plz leave the testing to people that know infact how to test. there is all ready better tests on here that show infact dvl gear is over performing.

groncho did a test and posted results for example .http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...12#post9226212

If people would like answer to this best thing id say to do is send a pm to eric musco and eventually he may reply to one of us if not all on the dev tracker.

QuiveringPotato
02.02.2017 , 02:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by falkron-kerupt View Post
Your info is incorrect . How can you even imply that they are correct. With out dvl gear you used 228 augs with it you did not use the aug's plz leave the testing to people that know infact how to test. there is all ready better tests on here that show infact dvl gear is over performing.

groncho did a test and posted results for example .http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...12#post9226212

If people would like answer to this best thing id say to do is send a pm to eric musco and eventually he may reply to one of us if not all on the dev tracker.
All I'm saying is that there's no correlation between my pretty huge stat increase and my damage output.
Arteum | Celden

falkron-kerupt
02.02.2017 , 04:01 PM | #8
All I'm saying is that there's no correlation between my pretty huge stat increase and my damage output.
which is false as you did not test that properly. Have a good day.

QuiveringPotato
02.02.2017 , 04:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by falkron-kerupt View Post
which is false as you did not test that properly. Have a good day.
fam I crit for 15k in warzones regardless of what gear I have on, you dingus
Arteum | Celden

Ryuku-sama
02.02.2017 , 04:48 PM | #10
fam I crit for 15k in warzones regardless of what gear I have on, you dingus
You got more mastery with DvL gear.. but less crit/power due to lacking augments. Start by augmenting your DvL gear.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015