Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The only fun PVP without gear issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The only fun PVP without gear issues

TrixxieTriss
02.01.2017 , 12:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
Sometimes i like to dream about blizzard made swtor. It could easily be the most succesfull game ever
That's finally something we can agree on 😘
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

stoopicus
02.01.2017 , 04:43 AM | #22
Blizzard, after hiring Obsidian to do the writing.

yellow_
02.01.2017 , 09:03 AM | #23
Sometimes i like to dream about blizzard made swtor. It could easily be the most succesfull game ever
I would be partial to blizzard being the one to do it, but I'd take a variety of companies actually committed to consistently pumping out quality end game content and balance changes.

A proper star wars MMO is a *********** gold mine, and it sort of makes me wish this one would die so a company that is actually going to at least try could pick up the torch.
Doc
Sick Twisted Individuals

TrixxieTriss
02.01.2017 , 09:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
I would be partial to blizzard being the one to do it, but I'd take a variety of companies actually committed to consistently pumping out quality end game content and balance changes.

A proper star wars MMO is a *********** gold mine, and it sort of makes me wish this one would die so a company that is actually going to at least try could pick up the torch.
EA would need to lose the licensing rights that Disney has given them for the foreseeable future
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

AllisonLightning
02.01.2017 , 09:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
EA would need to lose the licensing rights that Disney has given them for the foreseeable future
EA isn't the problem and given SWTOR is the second incarnation of a Star Wars MMO- a theme park is a gold mine, a traditional MMO- where Star Wars nets the crowds is stories otherwise, you're just drawing from the MMO crowd after the initial Star Wars fans check it out and they don't last forever.

The problem is who is currently assigned to running SWTOR and the fact EA need to suck up the bad publicity and intervene. I can't blame EA for Bioware-esque style 'we know what we're going- gamers are judgemental morons who don't know what's good for them so respect our artistic integrity and applaud our talent' which galls me because for a company that has made good games over the years, they do attract some egomaniac control freaks who drive them into the ground because they 'can't be wrong' and put them in positions of power.

And if I get censored for writing that, it's because it hits close to home.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

themachinemann
02.01.2017 , 10:10 AM | #26
lol this whole thread is amazing. OP, credit for your attendance on the forums but you really do protest too much about gearing. Higher level gear is a reward for consistent players. It does give an advantage but it's not game breaking. As long as people are augmented fully and stimmed, bolster raises them to a competitive level. I'd argue that in reality, most games (regs and ranked) are won and lost by basic skill, and indeed I see players ranging from <2k dps to >4k dps with the same gear. Players who know how to defend and position and those that don't know how, with the same gear. Some players get globalled in 5 seconds and i'm like "ain't no gear gonna fix that."

You said:

"the only pvp in the game that doesn't have gear issues or big gear gap is pre 70 pvp"
then acknowledged
"Sure there can be ability imbalance and some could say skill imbalance"

Yes. Pre-70 has huge ability imbalances as low levels miss key defensives, abilities and utilities (and as other people have noted, bolster there isn't as balanced as you think). In 70's, everyone has their full ability range and the ability to choose suitable utilities for pvp.
Find top players on your server and discover how they go with 208 gear, for instance. Do they sit in a corner and wait for the opponent to take pity cause they're 'undergeared', or do they run in and dominate because they're better than their opponents?
If you're still caught up in the idea that gear is letting you down, gtn has plenty of lvl 240 mods, enhancements, implants, hilts/barrels etc. Aside from (being generous) the hilt and barrel, I'll bet that it doesn't make as big of a difference (in a real match) as you think.

250 bolster was a mistake. They fixed that. Let's move on and enjoy being rewarded with better gear for playing at a high level.

Lundorff
02.01.2017 , 03:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
On the flip side, that also mean less premades, so it's a toss up I guess. And it's [/url]
I take this back. It would appear that Scare Bears are once again running their premades in lowbies on TRE. So sad that people will resort to healer premades in lowbies, but I guess kids will be kids.

Kaedusz
02.01.2017 , 08:26 PM | #28
I used to be a crazy Warcraft fan until MoP. Started disliking the gameplay long before that, but the lore and the Warcraft skin kept me going, until mop. Now i can't stand it.
I would hate for me to start hating the Old Republic too, after they destroy it as they did Warcraft. I would rather have Bioware's questionable design decisions, but staying true to the core of the game, than a shallow, uninspired, watered down hogwash.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

TrixxieTriss
02.02.2017 , 07:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
I take this back. It would appear that Scare Bears are once again running their premades in lowbies on TRE. So sad that people will resort to healer premades in lowbies, but I guess kids will be kids.
LoL 😂
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

jedcjedcjedc
02.02.2017 , 09:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonLightning View Post
EA isn't the problem and given SWTOR is the second incarnation of a Star Wars MMO- a theme park is a gold mine, a traditional MMO- where Star Wars nets the crowds is stories otherwise, you're just drawing from the MMO crowd after the initial Star Wars fans check it out and they don't last forever.

The problem is who is currently assigned to running SWTOR and the fact EA need to suck up the bad publicity and intervene. I can't blame EA for Bioware-esque style 'we know what we're going- gamers are judgemental morons who don't know what's good for them so respect our artistic integrity and applaud our talent' which galls me because for a company that has made good games over the years, they do attract some egomaniac control freaks who drive them into the ground because they 'can't be wrong' and put them in positions of power.

And if I get censored for writing that, it's because it hits close to home.
I would buy it being an EA issue long before a bioware issue. There is a reason EA has won "Worst company in America" twice, and they have a loooong history of cash shops and microtransactions like the cartel market running and/or ruining there games I believe it was the latest SimCity that had those issues, as well as DRM "always online"issues. EA is just a garbage brand.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP