Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will someone address the lag switching exploits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When will someone address the lag switching exploits?

Desplain
02.04.2017 , 05:08 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You know sometimes my efforts to explain things here about cheating have the opposite affect of what I intended.
Point in fact, I saw a Operative definitely lag switching today. Even blind Freddy could tell.
Had one guy lag switching on T3-M4 today and another with a speed hack on the same server.
Please Bioware take a look at it.
May the Force be with you.

TrixxieTriss
02.04.2017 , 05:41 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Desplain View Post
Had one guy lag switching on T3-M4 today and another with a speed hack on the same server.
Please Bioware take a look at it.
Similar on Harby yesterday. This one guy on a Jugg was so pathetic at it, all I could do was laugh. It wasn't just me who saw it either, the whole team noticed it.
He tried to solo me twice, his Jugg against my TK sage and I totally globalled him. All up I think he died 7 times by engaging me. I looked at the score board and he had no mitigated tank damage and only 800k dps, while I was in the 2 mil range and most of his team and my team were above 1.5 mil.
This is what I mean about scrubs cheating and think it makes them better. It might help them against less experienced or newbie players, but cheats are scrubs with little skill and are often smashed by others.
There is always one thing to consider if coming up against cheats and they are beating you. Eventually you will be better than them because they aren't improving their skill lvl and you are. Then you'll get your revenge and it is sweet
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

Neoforcer
02.05.2017 , 01:05 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DiavoIa View Post
A 'lag script' huh...right you don't really know much about lag switching.

Lag switching does not lag you 'the non cheater' out, it lags the cheater out to the extent you can't shoot them in games like COD but they wont experience the lag themselves.
this is how it works people some times can not figure out that a lag switch in games like cod or any game cuts one upstream wire in a network card for a few seconds. IT does not lag you out the person disappears for 2 sec and you can not hit them. They think just because the word lag is in the name means it lag you out. Sorry to tell you all this but that's not how it works. If you would like i can PM you the Wikipedia page on how lag switches do what they do..... educate your self so you don't look like a fool who cried wolf

DiavoIa
02.06.2017 , 12:33 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
this is how it works people some times can not figure out that a lag switch in games like cod or any game cuts one upstream wire in a network card for a few seconds. IT does not lag you out the person disappears for 2 sec and you can not hit them. They think just because the word lag is in the name means it lag you out. Sorry to tell you all this but that's not how it works. If you would like i can PM you the Wikipedia page on how lag switches do what they do..... educate your self so you don't look like a fool who cried wolf
Amen to this, people just don't get it and why it would not benefit someone to do it in an MMO as much as it would in a FPS (if at all)