Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will someone address the lag switching exploits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When will someone address the lag switching exploits?

TrixxieTriss
01.30.2017 , 11:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
lag switch don't work here either. an ex guild of mine tried them this why i say ex guild since i found out they did this i wont play with cheater
Edit: personally censored : a large chunk of this tread was removed by me
################################################## ################################################## ################################################## ######################################
But I'm not going to get into slinging match of what does and doesn't work.

LennikHax
01.31.2017 , 08:54 AM | #22
Like I said before. Cheating does exist. There are exploits, speed hacks, no-clipping and yes even lag switching. What I was trying to get at was this.

Don't sit here and name a shame when you have no evidence to back up your cry of wolf. Let give you the benefit of the doubt and say somebody in that match was using a lag switch. Big whoopty do. Crying about it isn't going to solve anything. Take a page out of Trixxies book and report then move on with your life. Because there is not a single thing going to be done about it. You are better off improving your skills to the point that you can global some non factor using cheats to win. Because obviously they can't hold their own without outside help. Adapt and overcome. But don't cry about it. Also I apologize for venting on this particular thread but the amount of crying that has inundated this game drives me up a wall. If you are dissatisfied with the game then uninstall and go do something productive. But making complaints to the general populace only serves to distance new players from the game when all they read about are cheaters and unfair this and unfair that.

Also in regards to Trixxie,
TEH does indeed have a great community. We have our share of trash, myself included. But as far as cheating goes, there isn't any point and the vast majority of people on TEH realize that our PvP most times is mediocre enough to not need to worry about getting outside help.
Elite Scrublord and Hax king of the EH
GM of <FOTM> and <GG>
Washed up member of <Guerrilla> <Project Meyhem> <TBD>
And many more

kissingaiur
01.31.2017 , 09:02 AM | #23
Unicorns.

That is all.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Hawklar
01.31.2017 , 09:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Unicorns.

That is all.
Hahaha Thank you!

Beyrahl
01.31.2017 , 09:47 AM | #25
Love how out of all the hateful posts on this thread, I offered legitimate help and my post was deleted
10/10
Seems fine.
Also reference to Spaghetti-tan, I play with them in this video ^, I don't see any problems.

DiavoIa
01.31.2017 , 10:15 AM | #26
I don't believe lag switching exists in mmo's as per p2p and server differences, prt scr never works as it would lag even the user. pls provide any evidence that lag switching is viable in swtor

LennikHax
01.31.2017 , 12:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Unicorns.

That is all.
I see your Corns of Uni and raise you a magical Liopleurodon
GM of <FOTM> and <GG>
And many more

Balameb
01.31.2017 , 12:55 PM | #28
Quote:
Lag switching really only has an advantage in FPS since it requires aim to hit targets, P2P games are the worst affected, not server based games like mmo's
You should be right, but sadly in SWTOR both traking and targeting are done first in client side and then reported to server. Example, the famous bug when a player goes up a hill and desapears happens also with NPCs. I very often see my companion shooting at the floor with me not being able to target the NPC and sometimes cannot even AOE damage it. If it were server side, you could AoE damage or just hit Tab to get the target but that does not work.

As the engine relies on the client to track your position, that is what hackers exploits most and also why FPS matters. Lets give some example. Imagine a regular game where you need to move from point A to point K in 1 second:
A B C D E F G H I J K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
If you have 10 FPS you see all letters (frames in the middle) and get to K
If you have 5 FPS, you will see only half the letters but will get to K at the same time. Crappy experience, same result.

That is how games (including many MMOs) usually work: your action to move triggers the tracking and from there it renders. Now, SWTOR does NOT work like that. When you move, it just triggers a move action in the client that then calculates your position and then sends to server. So if you experience half the minimun FPS (don't know the number), you move at half the speed (in the example, you only get to point F). Some games that use similar system for tracking have an option to "Frame skip" to get better performance, but i don't think swtor have it.

All these can be exploited by cheeters.

Balameb
01.31.2017 , 01:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DiavoIa View Post
I don't believe lag switching exists in mmo's as per p2p and server differences, prt scr never works as it would lag even the user. pls provide any evidence that lag switching is viable in swtor
You just provided your own evidence with that example.

LennikHax
01.31.2017 , 01:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
You should be right, but sadly in SWTOR both traking and targeting are done first in client side and then reported to server. Example, the famous bug when a player goes up a hill and desapears happens also with NPCs. I very often see my companion shooting at the floor with me not being able to target the NPC and sometimes cannot even AOE damage it. If it were server side, you could AoE damage or just hit Tab to get the target but that does not work.

As the engine relies on the client to track your position, that is what hackers exploits most and also why FPS matters. Lets give some example. Imagine a regular game where you need to move from point A to point K in 1 second:
A B C D E F G H I J K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
If you have 10 FPS you see all letters (frames in the middle) and get to K
If you have 5 FPS, you will see only half the letters but will get to K at the same time. Crappy experience, same result.

That is how games (including many MMOs) usually work: your action to move triggers the tracking and from there it renders. Now, SWTOR does NOT work like that. When you move, it just triggers a move action in the client that then calculates your position and then sends to server. So if you experience half the minimun FPS (don't know the number), you move at half the speed (in the example, you only get to point F). Some games that use similar system for tracking have an option to "Frame skip" to get better performance, but i don't think swtor have it.

All these can be exploited by cheeters.
Cheaters* Unless you mean fast wild cats are playing TOR. Which given some peoples skill level is very possible.....
GM of <FOTM> and <GG>
And many more