Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox
01.26.2017 , 08:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MishaCantu View Post
My Fem SW is rather tired of running around with Pierce. He was a decent one night stand at worst and a muscle bound oaf at best. He had his moment and it passed. From the live stream, it seems that those who want to off Quinn, may get the chance, but my girl, for one is much relieved to have her hubby coming home. I squeeeed for her!

She knows the sith ways, she has played the game and forgave Quinn for being a pawn with no where to go but where his master moves him. It was really a test of his devotion, one he had to go through to finally realize where his loyalty really lies. It, essentially gave him the freedom to feel things he had never allowed himself to feel before. I don't know if he would have ever fully opened up without this.

Just my 2 credits worth, but, my SW is a very happy lady right now, and I am a very happy player.
Well said, Misha. I for one indulged in Pierce only once on a distant alt I don't care that much for...somehow I could never bring myself to do it on the main ones, and will never again on any subsequent SWs. He's not my type, I'm more of a brains over brawn sort...bonus if you get both in one package, but brawn, not essential.

I agree, I think the situation helped Quinn to open up and acknowledge thoughts and feelings he had squirreled away, to the point of repression. His letters to the SW have more than shown that growth in his character. His letter at the start of KotFE broke my heart. I am so very happy he'll be back soon. ^^

beattlebilly
01.26.2017 , 08:20 PM | #22
Great mind and strategic ability, why did he let himself get in that position???? Why would I want to keep such a weak willed, weak minded person?
Star Forge Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy

JennyFlynn
01.26.2017 , 08:21 PM | #23
I never got the 'boink Pierce' option, may have mucked something up and as nice as he is... he's just not Quinn. I'm curious how they'll play out the romance continuation...
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Zhedzaban
01.26.2017 , 08:21 PM | #24
Dammit, now I have to roll another soldier because Elara is coming back
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017

Lunafox
01.26.2017 , 08:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Great mind and strategical ability, why did he let himself get in that position???? Why would I want to keep such a weak willed, weak minded person?
Even the most clever people can find themselves in situations they'd prefer not to be in. Quinn is no force user and he's stuck between two very powerful Sith lords...loyalty to either or neither could be a death sentence. No one is above being outplayed...not even Valkorian/The Emperor in this game. It's your prerogative if you want to keep him or not, but to not see the value in his mind doesn't make sense. He proved himself on more than one occasion as a master strategist. He just happened to be a little too close to his own situation...owing loyalty to one and loving the other...and both are vastly more powerful than he.

Kaedusz
01.26.2017 , 08:33 PM | #26
I dressed him up as Krennic and made him choke on his (bar)aspirations.
So from RP pov, having the near death experience is enough as a last warning. He is also too much one of a kind to kill off.

There is no other imperial officer companion with the same vibe, so as a guy i am looking forward to this.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

OfficerDonNZ
01.26.2017 , 08:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Even the most clever people can find themselves in situations they'd prefer not to be in. Quinn is no force user and he's stuck between two very powerful Sith lords...loyalty to either or neither could be a death sentence. No one is above being outplayed...not even Valkorian/The Emperor in this game. It's your prerogative if you want to keep him or not, but to not see the value in his mind doesn't make sense. He proved himself on more than one occasion as a master strategist. He just happened to be a little too close to his own situation...owing loyalty to one and loving the other...and both are vastly more powerful than he.
Indeed. That's why Nathrrya wouldn't deal the killing blow, even if she could have, she still loved Quinn.

As she said to Obi-Wan "I cried myself to sleep that night because I couldn’t have the man I loved in bed next to me, and I cried more knowing that I would never have him again.”
"Korriban’s a rock, mind the Sith." -Jolee Bindo.

Udoroththefinal
01.26.2017 , 08:36 PM | #28
Yeah yeah love is blind, forgive and forget etc etc, no not really

You said so your self qinn was caught between 2 force users and instead of standing by the SW's side, trusting her, supporting her and having faith in her abilities like a person whom genuinely cared for someone would, he chooses to betray her to baras after he had already seen how baras had used then betrayed the SW and nothing in his head even ticked "hey what if baras would do the say to me", also who cares how strong baras is, the SW was basically the enforcer of the emperor and you dont get really much more powerful and influential than that, and quinn was there, he saw the SW get contacted by those 2 sith of the emperor so he knows it true

Relationships are built on trust ad and together they could have orchestrated a plot to use baras's lingering trust of quinn against him, but no he betrays you; trys to kill you, not sleeping around on you or something where you can say oh forgive n forget, but wants to murder you and your other companions and even has the gall to try and make jaessa betray you as well....when ******* crazy, power hunger darkside jaessa shows more loyalty to you...and that he wants to either kill your other companions or make them betray you that alone is unforgiveable to not only betray you, and the feelings you held for him but also to subvert your authority and kill your other companions, it was espically infuriating for me because i had vette.

Relationships are built on trust and that trust was broken by his betrayal you can forgive and "understand" if you want but now that doubt will now always remain, what if qinn was in KoTFE? Whose to say he wouldnt have sold you out some how to valkorian for another promotion because the thought you were no match for him and he was "caught between 2 sith again", you can imagine that they had all the talks you want but the reality is that the doubt of his loyalty will always remain now.

Atleast arcann has some justification for his character because of his messed up, loveless childhood, and this is a thread for people who are happy quinn is coming back right? Im oh so happy hes coming back, like i said there are some loose ends to tie up.

aethell
01.26.2017 , 08:39 PM | #29
Yay! Joining in the expression of glee. Finally after months, an announcement that makes me excited to play the game again.
New Producer... A New Hope?

AllisonLightning
01.26.2017 , 08:48 PM | #30
Quote:

Subject: I remain your loyal servant

My lord, it’s likely I’m prattling to no one. Still, I had to send something.

You’re not one for minced words, so I’ll be blunt: The Empire needs you. More than that–I need you. Discord reigns in Dromund Kaas. Without your leadership, the crew disbanded, and I have received little assistance from the Dark Council or Imperial military. No one will grant me an audience, much less answer my inquiries.

I should have come with you aboard Darth Marr’s ship–stood in my rightful place by your side. I know I’ve made mistakes, but I thought I had a lifetime to make up for my betrayal. Now I’m faced with the possibility of never seeing you again… and it makes me ill. I cannot accept it.

The shame of my past actions and my love for you will fuel me for eternity. No matter what anyone says–I know you’re alive, and I will find you. Even if it kills me.

My main gets her husband back and I echo wanting the same VA but it's Quinn... will write full coherent explanation as to why this is so good but for now... this thread is for Quinnmancers- and I get Quinn again!!!
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.