Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Edyn
01.28.2017 , 04:10 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
...THERE WAS A SCREENSHOT?
And now I have an incentive to go watch the dev stream recording...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117550970 at around the 12:00 mark... and try not to cringe when you hear his name pronounced, "Mah-lah-vee."

OfficerDonNZ
01.28.2017 , 04:16 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Well...I'm not so hard to peg, I don't think. I value intelligence, which all three men have in abundance...charm and consideration, kindness, which I see in Vector (plus i tend to go for body 2 and dark short hair). Scourge is a bit away from the usual in what I like, but I value his wisdom, having seen so much, and he has a certain snarkiness about him, that I enjoy. As does Quinn. Vector is actually a bit too nice, I value it, but at the same time, I would expect that I'd be held to a higher standard of kindness that I'm capable of. I could be myself more with Quinn and Scourge.

Oh yeah, and a great voice helps. I love a great voice.

It's ok. My hubby doesn't 'get' me either lol. Not when it comes to my pixel men.
SWTOR starts in 3643 BBY you gain Quinn sometime during this first year as the prologue and chapter one take place in 3643. KotFE starts in 3636 BBY before the frozen in carbonite happens. So you've been with Quinn and your crew for the best part of SEVEN years. Then add on top of the the five years stint frozen...

Oh and according to wooikeepidia Quinn was born in 3680 BBY
"Korriban’s a rock, mind the Sith." -Jolee Bindo.

JennyFlynn
01.28.2017 , 04:43 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by OfficerDonNZ View Post
SWTOR starts in 3643 BBY you gain Quinn sometime during this first year as the prologue and chapter one take place in 3643. KotFE starts in 3636 BBY before the frozen in carbonite happens. So you've been with Quinn and your crew for the best part of SEVEN years. Then add on top of the the five years stint frozen...

And according to this page, by the time Chapter 9 of KOTET finishes we're in 3630 which means Quinn will be 50 when we reunite. That's okay though, I like my men older. ♥
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

OfficerDonNZ
01.28.2017 , 04:56 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
And according to this page, by the time Chapter 9 of KOTET finishes we're in 3630 which means Quinn will be 50 when we reunite. That's okay though, I like my men older. ♥
Dear lord my SW isn't even 40 yet!

Nefla
01.28.2017 , 06:09 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
Found the point where they talk about Quinn/Elara in the livestream video (with picture),

https://youtu.be/6RUNH4ePMyM?t=10m55s
OMG when they said Quinn would be fighting alongside Empress Acina I was like "please let it be Jace Malcom for the Republic, please please!" and hecks yess! (I scared the cats with my triumphant shout lol)

Lunafox
01.28.2017 , 06:20 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117550970 at around the 12:00 mark... and try not to cringe when you hear his name pronounced, "Mah-lah-vee."
Yah, I caught that when he did it and called him out on the chat...but it probably zoomed by too quick lol.

Lunafox
01.28.2017 , 07:02 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by OfficerDonNZ View Post

What I'm going on...is that Darth Marr was born in 3702 BBY....he died in 3637 BBY (according to the Wiki) That puts him at age 65 when he dies...that's when I consider KotFE as starting, when Marr died. Then you get frozen for 5 years. So that would make it 3632 BBY when you get thawed from the carbonite.

In the Encylopedia (the actual book, not online wiki) it lists Marr as being 62...so from the time of the Encyclopedia, three years have passed...he's 62 there and dies at 65. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Marr

I'm figuring the current time after KoTET is around 3631 BBY.

According to the Encyclopedia there is a 25 year age diff between Marr and Quinn.

Marr was 22 when he joined the Dark Council which would have happened at 3680 BBY...it's a stated fact that he joined at 22. So if he was 22 in 3680...then how can Malavai be 25 years younger than Marr and be born in 3680?

If the start of SWTOR is 3643 BBY and Marr is 62 at that time, that puts his date of birth at 3705 BBY...but it states in the Wiki that he was born in 3702 BBY.

Also The Battle of Rishi is said to have taken place in 3638 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Rishi So that puts Marr's age at 64. It feels right that about a year went by between Rishi until his death.

Either way, these numbers are giving me a headache, it seems there is a discrepancy somewhere along the way.

So...if Mal was born in 3680 BBY and the current time is now 3631 BBY That would put him at 49...which is close to 50, as Jenny said.

Oy. My head lol.

JennyFlynn
01.28.2017 , 07:19 PM | #128
What I'm going on...is that Darth Marr was born in 3702 BBY....he died in 3637 BBY (according to the Wiki) That puts him at age 65 when he dies...that's when I consider KotFE as starting, when Marr died. Then you get frozen for 5 years. So that would make it 3632 BBY when you get thawed from the carbonite.

In the Encylopedia (the actual book, not online wiki) it lists Marr as being 62...so from the time of the Encyclopedia, three years have passed...he's 62 there and dies at 65. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Marr

According to the Encyclopedia there is a 25 year age diff between Marr and Quinn.

Marr was 22 when he joined the Dark Council which would have happened at 3680 BBY...it's a stated fact that he joined at 22. So if he was 22 in 3680...then how can Malavai be 25 years younger than Marr and be born in 3680?

If the start of SWTOR is 3643 BBY and Marr is 62 at that time, that puts his date of birth at 3705 BBY...but it states in the Wiki that he was born in 3702 BBY.

Also The Battle of Rishi is said to have taken place in 3638 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Rishi So that puts Marr's age at 64. It feels right that about a year went by between Rishi until his death.

Either way, these numbers are giving me a headache, it seems there is a discrepancy somewhere along the way.

So...if Mal was born in 3680 BBY and the current time is now 3631 BBY That would put him at 49...which is close to 50, as Jenny said.

Oy. My head lol.
Mm yes, there appear to be some differences between the wookieepedia pages and encyclopedia. For my own research and use I tend to go with wookieepedia simply because that data is constantly evolving/expanding whereas my encyclopedia isn't, obviously, but it is a bit of a headache lol. Either way Quinn's aged quite a bit. I estimate my SW to be around 31 now (she was 18 when she started in 3643, in my HC), though in a way only 26 (yay for carbonite beauty slumbers?).. a bit of an age gap but hey, as long as his uhm... still functions as it should, and everything else, we're fine. He'll be as delicious as ever.
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

OfficerDonNZ
01.28.2017 , 08:00 PM | #129

Oy. My head lol.
I agree my head lol. It's interesting if nothing else

eriksarcasm
01.28.2017 , 08:16 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Some gray streaks on the side of his hair? Or some salt n pepper business going on up top?

I'm told women find these things irresistible.
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.