Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Ralei
03.07.2017 , 11:47 AM | #1081
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
On a related note, at the beginning of KOTFE Chapter 1, I found it dumb as hell that my Wrath had all of her dialogue with Vette like Vette''s the one taking care of everything while the Wrath is gone. Then, when the crew is told to flee, Vette's the one actually piloting the ship while Pierce is pacing the bridge like he's the one running things.

Quinn isn't seen or heard from in the whole attack by Zakuul. Being the companion you have for the second longest amount of time, plus being the one who actually runs the ship and the crew, and being the female SW's only love interest, this makes no sense.
Which companion did the other classes get their dialog with? Were they all wit the "main" companion? (the ones who have quests on Nar Shadaa).

Edyn
03.07.2017 , 12:02 PM | #1082
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Thank you! This made no sense at all. As far as my Warriors are concerned Vette is banned from my ship's bridge and I would never let her fly it. I've never understood the devs decision to do this. Malavai's place is on the bridge and he should have been there. I know in the one of the livestreams one of the three who sits there (I forget which) said he hates Malavai so maybe that's the reason? Whatever the reason they failed to realise that so many people (love or hate) feel really strongly about him as a companion, so they really need to make his return epic for both kinds of players. I worry that it might be a let down, though I'm hoping for those of us who have him as a LI his return outdoes Aric's.
I feel it's more likely that whoever scripted that scene actually didn't know anything about the Sith Warrior story, and so they didn't the original roles of each Companion on the crew. It's made clear in SW story dialogue that as soon as Quinn is on board, he is in charge of the ship and the crew. Pierce's is pretty much all combat as he said that Quinn told him that he's in charge of heavy firepower and demolitions right before he expresses his problem with Quinn ordering him around. While Vette's role isn't as clear as Quinn's and Pierce's, I got the impression that she's the one with the underworld knowledge and contacts that the rest of the crew may not know about. Jaesa has her own agenda, both light or dark, and Broonmark really just wants to murder things, specifically Republic Talz.

Point is, each Companions' role as part of the crew was pretty much explained in the SW story dialogue at some point, and none of that was taken into account in these types of cut scenes. I mean, why in the galaxy would my SW talk to Broonmark, of all people, about a disturbing Force vision of death and destruction? Just so he can tell her how this may be a new opportunity to bloody his claws?

Edyn
03.07.2017 , 12:07 PM | #1083
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralei View Post
Which companion did the other classes get their dialog with? Were they all wit the "main" companion? (the ones who have quests on Nar Shadaa).
I've only taken my Knight through this part (I can't stand to take my others KOTFE) and it was Kira in Vette's spot, and I forget who the second one was.

Jagaimee
03.07.2017 , 12:29 PM | #1084
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
Lol I find that hard to picture.. no wait, I see it now

I hope the warrior wasn't the first and only woman Quinn was ever with. Maybe we stole him from her! Or maybe it was for when Darth Lachris went to visit, she's practically a tradition for gentleman imperials.

Jagaimee, little help here? Please?

Quinn: I-- *draws himself up stiffly with all the dignity he can muster* What--*ahem* What sort of a question is that? Would I admit to my lover/wife that I was with another woman before her!?
Some people were pretty open about it. *cough Tharan Cedrax my lady consular's still heartbroken cough*
Quinn: ...calling Tharan Cedrax "delinquent" would be an insult to the morally debauched*. In ANY case... Darth Lachris and I had a purely professional relationship. She was only attracted to those who were bloodthirsty psychopaths. I shall not name names, nor question the sensibilities of a Darth. That is...her business. But she and I never... *cough* I'm sorry, I cannot continue and keep a straight face.
SO YOU ADMIT YOUR GUILT!
Quinn: What!? No!
WAS the warrior your first and only love!?
Quinn: I... *blush*
...that is not an answer, either way.
Quinn: How do you expect me to answer? All due respect - but if I answer "yes," the fanfiction writers walk away disappointed because their headcanons are disproved. If I answer "no"... I will likely be disemboweled by a legion of jealous Sith Warriors.
Well...that makes sense...but then, explain the bunk beds.
Quinn: A holdover from my predecessor.
You were on Balmorra for TEN YEARS, Quinn. I'm PRETTY SURE you'd be able to do a *leeeeetle* redecorating in a decade.
Quinn: The...I... I have work to do. *rapidly marches away*
Hey. HEY! Get back here! You didn't answer anything!!

*I actually like Tharan. XD He and my male consular are SCIENCE BUDDIES. He and my female consular, however...ouch.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ralei View Post
No, not all. Consular got... Iresso. So, first companion who speaks Basic and is a love interest.
Spoiler
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Damask_Rose
03.07.2017 , 12:40 PM | #1085
Sad. I've started KotFE with four characters and remember next to nothing of their intros The latest one was an agent and all I remember was having the wretched Kaliyo forced on him yet again. I was thinking it was probably first companions since people can start it without doing class content. I just did SoR with a DvL companion who only progressed his story through Dromund Kaas. His SoR intro was brief and had Khem piloting his ship.

JennyFlynn
03.07.2017 , 12:50 PM | #1086
I think I've taken 5 or 6 different classes into KOTFE now and all of them had the first companion ever acquired for the 'refueling/whatever' dialog and piloting, to the best of my recollection. Though I agree it should have been Quinn, my SW's ship is his to command for most part, my girl's always given him free reign.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Ralei
03.07.2017 , 12:57 PM | #1087
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
Lol I find that hard to picture.. no wait, I see it now

I hope the warrior wasn't the first and only woman Quinn was ever with.
Lol no way. With a face like that, I bet he got lots of action in his school years at least.

Quote:
Maybe we stole him from her! Or maybe it was for when Darth Lachris went to visit, she's practically a tradition for gentleman imperials.
Judging by his insane stammering when hit on by the warrior during their mission, he doesn't normally have anything but professional relationships with his superiors or coworkers. I'd say that rich, Imperial socialites with family connections are more his speed.

I feel like a giant creep thinking about a fictional character's sex life when I should be working.

BlueShiftRecall
03.07.2017 , 02:15 PM | #1088
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
On a related note, at the beginning of KOTFE Chapter 1, I found it dumb as hell that my Wrath had all of her dialogue with Vette like Vette''s the one taking care of everything while the Wrath is gone. Then, when the crew is told to flee, Vette's the one actually piloting the ship while Pierce is pacing the bridge like he's the one running things.

Quinn isn't seen or heard from in the whole attack by Zakuul. Being the companion you have for the second longest amount of time, plus being the one who actually runs the ship and the crew, and being the female SW's only love interest, this makes no sense.

I agree 100%. A missed opportunity for more LI interactions early on in KOTFE.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Sargrith
03.07.2017 , 02:16 PM | #1089
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I think I've taken 5 or 6 different classes into KOTFE now and all of them had the first companion ever acquired for the 'refueling/whatever' dialog and piloting, to the best of my recollection. Though I agree it should have been Quinn, my SW's ship is his to command for most part, my girl's always given him free reign.
Knight's first companion is actually T7, but his conversation is with Kira.

MishaCantu
03.07.2017 , 03:05 PM | #1090
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Knight's first companion is actually T7, but his conversation is with Kira.
All of them seem to be either the first companion or the first companion that speaks, i.e. Kira instead of T7. But, yeah, I would have loved Quinn, he is the captain of my ship, so to speak.