Allow us to earn unassembled components via dailies/flashpoints

Kalli

So as the title says the unassembled components need to be gotten in different ways rather than just pvp grind. It would be nice to see them drop from the heroics, uprisings, and flashpoints as well. Make them a certain set guaranteed amount much like the cxp you get from doing these activities. This way people that don't like to pvp still have the chance to get them without having to do operations all the time. Some numbers for example:

Heroics- 5 per completion, 1-2 for 1 part bonus, another 1-2 per each part bonus afterwards

Flashpoints- 2 per boss, around 8-10 for total flashpoint

Uprisings- 3-5 per boss

These would of course scale per difficulty of the activity you are doing be it story, veteran, or master mode.

I would like to see that too.

I can't understand why hardmode flashpoints should feel less rewarding than a GSF match.

GSF gives very good cxp per time spend + unassembled components.

Hardmode flashpoints give average cxp per time spend and no unassembled components at all.

It's like they want to demotivate players to do anything pve that is not operations.

Yeah let's just abandon the whole point of GC and use a confusing vendor system as the primary means to get gear. :rolleyes:

The new system is for completing sets, not building them.

So only raiders, pvpers and GSF fans are allowed to complete their sets?

GSF fans don't even need gear at all...that just makes no sence.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

I can't understand why hardmode flashpoints should feel less rewarding than a GSF match.

Hardmode flashpoints give average cxp per time spend and no unassembled components at all.

It's like they want to demotivate players to do anything pve that is not operations.

Flashpoints give crafting components instead, so it's fine. The CXP is still really low, especially for weeklies and dailies.

So only raiders, pvpers and GSF fans are allowed to complete their sets?

GSF fans dont even need gear at all...that just makes no sence.

If you wanna avoid Raiding, PvP and GSF you still have RNG which is more than you had in 4.7. Maybe you won't get the 6 pieces as fast as you want but if you play enough you can reach the T2 and T3 gear to make up for it.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Flashpoints give crafting components instead, so it's fine. The CXP is still really low, especially for weeklies and dailies.

People just don't run flashpoints for crafting mats. They run flashpoints since they like that kind of content or simply for exp (many low levels even in hm flashpoints) and that average amount of cxp.

Nevertheless flashpoint queues are dying...pvp and its rewards (very good amount of cxp per time spend + unassembled components) are too compelling compared with average cxp per time spend + some crafting mats.

If you wanna avoid Raiding, PvP and GSF you still have RNG which is more than you had in 4.7. Maybe you won't get the 6 pieces as fast as you want but if you play enough you can reach the T2 and T3 gear to make up for it.

I have my full set pieces and I randomly do operations, I am not avoiding them. But I truly don't like pvp...never did.

But nevertheless I find my self pvping so often on a daily basis since 5.0 only because of cxp.

There may be other sources of cxp but none of them is as rewarding + reliable and instant as queuing for a pvp match.

Flashpoints queues are dead...so I can choose to wait 1 hour or longer for a queue pop (even on my healer) or I simply do a pvp match (fast and instant + nothing to loose). 5.1 made pvping even more "the only way to go" cause of the unassemled components and obviously I'm not the only one who feels like that. As a consequence flashpoint queues are dying even more.

So tell me: Whats wrong with the idea of rewarding players who spend their time in hardmode flashpoint the same way as players who spend their time in unranked afkable warzones?

I never said anything about avoiding any of those activities, just that the components should be a part of ALL galactic command activities, not just certain parts. I simply stated that not all players wanted to do a pvp or operations grind as the only method of getting the unassembled components. I'm also aware that you'd still be earning cxp with the chance of getting something in the crates, but you are also still earning cxp towards getting crates in pvp and operations as well. Why should it be a concentrated focus on those areas for a faster route to gear rather than making it available to all activities on the galactic command screen?

So I guess I'm the only one that would like to see this changed? I know I can't be the only one that would like to see regular pve activities drop these things.

I agree 100%. The fact that we get NOTHING for some flashpoints now is just outrageous, and this would def ease the grind a little teeny weency bit.

I agree that the unassembled components should have some part of the more solo/small group activities. As it stands there is nothing I can use my command tokens on other than cxp boosts as I will never get any components for gear and while GC is still RNG I will still have issues with gearing as I still have ZERO control, even after 5.1.

The other thing I would not mind is being able to reverse engineer duplicate set bonus gear for unassembled components, that way I still get some use out of the duplicate item other than CXP.

So I guess I'm the only one that would like to see this changed? I know I can't be the only one that would like to see regular pve activities drop these things.

First of all, you've suggested ~5 points per heroics, 8~10 points per flashpoint.

That might be more efficient than PvP, especially if your team ends up losing.

Furthermore, a 100% drop chance for components in heroics, flashpoints and uprisings makes them quite similar to CXPs (with the exception of daily area quests). CXPs everntually result in a level up, a command crate and command tokens. In other words, BioWare could simply use command tokens instead of unassembled components.

And due to fact that you get a known amount of command tokens per crate and one crate per level, it's IMO fair to state that you get 1 command token approx. every ~400 CXP (5 tokens per ~2000 CXP on tier 1 || 8 tokens per ~3200 CXP on tier 2 || 12 tokens per ~4800 CXP on tier 3).

And this leads to another interesting idea: Instant CXP drops are also quite similar to command tokens.

Put to the extremes, we now have several things that all repesent the same aspect => invested time. This means, there are a sheer endless number of possibilities how to convert//replace one aspect into//with another. A few examples:

• Either replace command tokens with unassembled components (or vise versa) or add a conversion vendor
  • Let command crates contain unassembled components in addition // as a replacement for command tokens
  • Let the option to disassemble crate items result in unassembled components rather than CXP
  • Rather than spending command tokens to buy 15% CXP boosts, let us buy insta-CXP boosts
  • Rather than spending command tokens to buy CXP boosts, let us buy more command crates
  • Split the content of each command crate into 4~5 boxes, each containing 1 command token + 1 item; replace the insta-CXP boss loot (or other CXP rewards) with these new crates.
  • Make CXP a currency and skip the rest: We spend CXP to buy all the stuff we want (see DarkSouls).

And many, many more...

Edited by realleaftea

Agreed that this would be a welcome change. It seems totally inline with unranked WZs and GSF giving unassembled parts. At the very least, master difficulty FPs; veteran and Master stories; and veteran uprisings. Heroics are far too easy though to be on that list. They are also pretty rewarding on their own with the reputation.

Good post.

Edited by IstariZen

I support taking it away from GSF, adding it to that is simply them bribing people to play that game. It isn't encouraging people to play their way, but play the Devs way. GSF involves not risk (win or loss you are rewarded) and doesn't use the gear gained. It also gives too much CXP on top of that.

HM FP are not giving enough cxp per minute nor are they giving components that would actually be used while running them. Something here is not right, one activity gives more cxp and includes unassembled components the activity doesn't even us, the other less cxp and no components but would use them if it did. Oh and one if you die costs you credits the other....yeah.

Balance would be nice here, balance and sanity. Heroics are just too easy to justify much but doubling the 20 cxp award to 40 doesn't sounds too far fetched to me. The thing heroics do give that most other activities don't do as well with is money, you can make really decent money running heroics so that and a little more cxp should be balanced.

I disagree with you assessment of operations. Operations as they stand now give very poor cxp and include much higher risk ( although any risk is much higher then GSF and PvP since both of those carry no risk at all). Also if you think about it they are giving less guaranteed when you divide the 1 piece by 8 people. In the hour you take to complete that op you could have done 4 GSF with a guaranteed payout if you just crash into rocks of parts per, so 12(but could be as high as 32) components total plus tons and tons more cxp.

More so the big winner for cxp is uprising the part of the game they want you to play to prove you like them, even though when released no one played them. That change when they were made the cxp PvE cash cow.

Making GSF the best method to gear for the rest of the game is not sane. It doesn't use the gear it gains you and includes no risk. Right now GSF is simply put giving too much bang for its buck.

First of all, you've suggested ~5 points per heroics, 8~10 points per flashpoint.

That might be more efficient than PvP, especially if your team ends up losing...

My numbers are suggestions, not what I'm saying they would end up being. Also somebody else mentioned heroics being too easy to get components, maybe individually yes (as with any speculation things do need tweaking) but as for doing the planetary pop up with the command console once you complete it to get the bonus cxp you should also be granted unassembled components as well with it.

Edited by Kalli

Really?. I've ran multiple Flashpoints and gotten zero craftingcomponents, i actually have to resort to market

to get the standard components i need.. Also, running a dungeon for CRAFTNG !?.. I'm used to running

dungeons FOR GEAR.. and UPGRADES.

If i'm going to get craftingcomponents and no gear from dungeons, i'm not paying for this game.

Flashpoints and uprisings (especially Veteran/Master) should drop unassembled components. Dailies and GSF shouldn't as you don't need set bonuses to do either.

They gotta increase the drop of all unassembled component drops across the board. Getting 90-100 components each day is dreadful considering u need nearly 2k of them just for the T1 gear. Right now, it's still as unfriendly towards alts as it was with 5.0.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

I never said anything about avoiding any of those activities, just that the components should be a part of ALL galactic command activities, not just certain parts. I simply stated that not all players wanted to do a pvp or operations grind as the only method of getting the unassembled components. I'm also aware that you'd still be earning cxp with the chance of getting something in the crates, but you are also still earning cxp towards getting crates in pvp and operations as well. Why should it be a concentrated focus on those areas for a faster route to gear rather than making it available to all activities on the galactic command screen?

Flashpoint queues are dead? Good grief, which rock do these people come out from anyways?? Even in the morning fp queues take 5-10 mins tops to pop-up (Shadowlands).

As the OP well put, I agree, they need to rebalance the whole gearing system for us PVE fans. Never been a fan of PVP and don't like the idea of paying for a game that forces me to play a mode I disliked since the game came out 5+ years ago. I have 22 characters and don't plan on spending 6 months on each to gear them up via the random RNG crapshoot called command crates.

My numbers are suggestions, not what I'm saying they would end up being. Also somebody else mentioned heroics being too easy to get components, maybe individually yes (as with any speculation things do need tweaking) but as for doing the planetary pop up with the command console once you complete it to get the bonus cxp you should also be granted unassembled components as well with it.

Sure, these values aren't final.... but keep in mind what Eric had caused with the example of how the drop chance on the first few operation bosses might look like in the end.

In addition, to give away a few goodies for completing all the heroics on one planet might be a good idea, but it's currently in complete contrast to how BioWare rewards players for other activities. I.e. you don't get special rewards for completing PvP-dailies or operations... only for the matches or bosses directly.

Edited by realleaftea

Flashpoint queues are dead? Good grief, which rock do these people come out from anyways?? Even in the morning fp queues take 5-10 mins tops to pop-up (Shadowlands). .

We are not talking about tactical flashpoints...these pop pretty well on every server and they are not even endgame content.

We are talking about hardmode flashpoints. Hardmode flashpoint pops have never been as bad as in 5.0.

Alt-unfriendly Galactic Command + the superior rewards for much easier accessible pvp pops are without any doubts the main reason for this.

We are not talking about tactical flashpoints...these pop pretty well on every server and they are not even endgame content.

We are talking about hardmode flashpoints. Hardmode flashpoint pops have never been as bad as in 5.0.

Alt-unfriendly Galactic Command + the superior rewards for much easier accessible pvp pops are without any doubts the main reason for this.

If you only want them in hard mode flashpoints then what's the point? They need to be in tactical as well because no one is currently properly geared for HM flashpoints. A lot of the people who were doing HM flashpoints were in 224 purple set bonus gear plus augmented with all being level 65, now they are all boosted to level 70 in both tactical and hm and if you are not properly geared and also you never know if your team knows the mechanics so that's a lot of the reason why many do not queue for hm flashpoints.

Edited by DarthEnrique

If you only want them in hard mode flashpoints then what's the point? They need to be in tactical as well because no one is currently properly geared for HM flashpoints. A lot of the people who were doing HM flashpoints were in 224 purple set bonus gear plus augmented with all being level 65, now they are all boosted to level 70 in both tactical and hm and if you are not properly geared and also you never know if your team knows the mechanics so that's a lot of the reason why many do not queue for hm flashpoints.

I never said tacticals should not give at least a tiny amount of components.

I was just answering (see my quote) to the statement that flashpoint queues take 5-10 mins tops to pop-up even in the morning hours.

I think it is a good suggestion.

Belongs up in the suggestion forum though.. and if you feel really passionate about it.. a PM to Eric and Tait as well.