how to change planet instances

joshohelp

My friend recently got the game (he is level 9 trooper) and he needs help with the final class quest on Ord Mantell. but whenver I go to the planet and go to where he says he is.. it seems he is in a different instance.

How does one change the planet instance they are in?

Edited by joshohelp

You can group with a player from another instance. In that case, whoever is invited to join the group will be prompted that they are in a different instance from the group leader and asked if they want to change to the group leader's instance.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
You can group with a player from another instance. In that case, whoever is invited to join the group will be prompted that they are in a different instance from the group leader and asked if they want to change to the group leader's instance.

And if you're not prompted, you can right-click on your group-mates portrait and change instances that way.

is there a /instance command for it? or have they now stopped people from moving to instances that are now red? it seems every time I come back they've changed something else and taken it another 100 steps back in the process.

Instances that are red are usually closing because of a low population number. Sometimes, you can get into them if you group with someone in that instance and right-click their portrait in your group UI to change to their instance... However, I have it be unsuccessful once.

Also to add to what has already been stated above....

IF you are instance-swapping to find something....you can travel to your or anyone else's stronghold and then travel right back down to the planet you came from.

This is especially helpful when you are instance swapping when your instance-swap is on a cool-down, and you are looking for a chest, quest update, or a specific kill that is needed to update your mission.

Hope this helps. May the force be with you.