Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PSA: The DvL XP suit is likely BiS DPS gear in 5.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PSA: The DvL XP suit is likely BiS DPS gear in 5.1

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2017 , 07:36 AM | #11
It's ridiculous how nobody cares about this. I changed back to regular gear because I am actually managing without dvl. xD Most players are just that bad.

Alex_York
01.28.2017 , 07:39 AM | #12
Juggs in this gear in tank spec do 4k dps in ranked.
Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

Neoforcer
01.28.2017 , 08:53 AM | #13
This has been reported to the Devs and will be nerfed soon so don't waste your time

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2017 , 09:03 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex_York View Post
Juggs in this gear in tank spec do 4k dps in ranked.
I do that much without this gear. :>

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2017 , 09:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
This has been reported to the Devs and will be nerfed soon so don't waste your time
But they have intentionally BUFFED the damage reduction in this gear because of people using this gear while leveling and dying quickly in regs.

stoopicus
01.28.2017 , 10:01 AM | #16
Hope so, this clearly needs to be nerfed.

Lhancelot
01.28.2017 , 10:42 AM | #17
Dear Neoforcer, did you mean "soon" or "Soon™"?
Star Forge Suffocates Danico

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

stoopicus
01.28.2017 , 08:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Dear Neoforcer, did you mean "soon" or "Soon™"?
I don't play ranked (I hate arenas), but given the last few weeks and reading here and elsewhere, all I can say about Season 8 is LOL.

BW needs to fix this ASAP, or give one of these to everyone and just call it the new PvP suit.

I refuse to use this thing on any L70, but it also bolsters L65s to crazy heights too. Then again, I'd say wearing it while leveling is legit regardless of stats - that's its sole intended purpose.

Lhancelot
01.28.2017 , 08:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
BW needs to fix this ASAP, or give one of these to everyone and just call it the new PvP suit.
Yeah, they might as well revert back to how we used to get a full suit of entry level pvp armor as soon as we hit cap level, remember that? What was it called, recruit?

They already went back to how gear grinding was prior to 3.3, why not add in a bag that you get at cap level that grants you a full suit of PVP armors?

Star Forge Suffocates Danico

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

stoopicus
01.28.2017 , 08:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Yeah, they might as well revert back to how we used to get a full suit of entry level pvp armor as soon as we hit cap level, remember that? What was it called, recruit?

They already went back to how gear grinding was prior to 3.3, why not add in a bag that you get at cap level that grants you a full suit of PVP armors?

The weird thing is, I don't even think this is really a bug, and I definitely don't think it is an exploit (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting about it.)

I think it is the intended behavior. Since this suit is made for the sole purpose of speeding up leveling I think these effects are working exactly as designed. It's just having a silly and somewhat OP effect at max level.

I mention this because someone called out another person trying to report this in the bug report subforum. That's just wrong - people are using this in PvP now and everyone needs to be aware of what's going on.

And it definitely needs to be nerfed.