When do credits go into escrow?

JediXMan

I'm currently a sub, but I will probably go back to preferred for awhile. What I want to know is when credits go into escrow.

Basically, my understanding is this: if I have 1 million credits, and I go to preferred, my character will have 350k. Now, does that happen when I log into the character, log into any character on my Legacy, or log into SWTOR period? Or is that just what happens automatically whenever the sub runs out?

Second, do I automatically get all credits back when I go back to subscribing, or do I still have to pay CC to get credits from escrow?

I have multiple lvl 70s, but I also have a few lower levels. Could I play those lower levels without effecting my higher characters in any way? Is there any reason to avoid logging into my higher characters while preferred?

Thanks.

PS: Not 100% sure if this is the correct board, since I am not new, but it seemed appropriate to asking questions regarding subscriptions and the like.

Edited by JediXMan

The credits get moved upon the first login after your account status changes.

For example, when you go from subscriber to preferred, you'll get a screen describing the changes when you log in. When you get to the characters, you'll discover that the credits have been moved.

Hope this helps

I have multiple lvl 70s, but I also have a few lower levels. Could I play those lower levels without effecting my higher characters in any way? Is there any reason to avoid logging into my higher characters while preferred?
Your level 70s will not earn any Galactic Command XP while you are preferred. But you can still do other stuff, including earing Legacy XP, to increase your Legacy Level, if you haven't maxed that yet. And you can still help your guild with conquest by doing Heroics, PvP, GSF, or whatever.

I think, answer on this is totally useless, cause if your character has more than 350k creds, they go to escrow.

It doesnt matter if you will not log on character which has more than 350k creds, cause if u will not login, u cant use the creds and if you login, creds go to escrow.

Anyway, if you resub and login on character which has creds in escrow, those creds come back to your inventory on first character login (also message will popup).

Edited by Chimeree

Basically, my understanding is this: if I have 1 million credits, and I go to preferred, my character will have 350k. Now, does that happen when I log into the character, log into any character on my Legacy, or log into SWTOR period? Or is that just what happens automatically whenever the sub runs out?

There's no way to tell when the credits go into escrow. All you know is that somewhere between your subscription ending and you logging in fully, it happens.

Exception: it probably doesn't happen until you log out and log in again if you are logged in at the moment your subscription ends. So I'd vote for "when you log in to a character" as the most likely. Whether that means "all characters affected when the first one logs in" or "each character affected when that character logs in" is impossible to tell.