Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same sex romancing, confirm/deny.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same sex romancing, confirm/deny.

WhoDaresWins
12.28.2011 , 06:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mangaminx View Post
Jade Empire is another Bioware game with same-sex romances (and imho the best done ones too).

While you may not think Liara counts she looks female to the human eye and thats enough for the vast majority of people to include this as a same-sex romance option in their minds. I'm sure the vast majority of people who romanced her as a female Shepherd were not going "wow romancing this sexless alien is great" (although thats a debate for another time).

Back on topic as a gay female I'd quite like to see same-sex romances in the game at some point, but there are way more priorities to be sorted before this is done.
Making Liara genderless always felt like a cop out clause to me; get the best bit of having ***** pre-teens shagging something that looks female, but actually isn't, therefore they can justify male Shepard not getting into Kaiden's biotics.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

Banetek
12.28.2011 , 06:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiellyn View Post
It's not really like LGBT members such as myself are hoping to turn the game into nothing but a romantic simulation, with moon-lit dinners and strolls on the beach.

Romance is already in the game. It is a nice bonus, and provides a vast opportunity for roleplaying purposes and character-interaction, which this entire game is about. It's no more creepy than the people who originally asked Bioware to make Tali a romance option in Mass Effect. (Granted, that got creepy after-the-fact when people began to break down the chemical composition of her sweat... But I digress!)

Besides, that is neither here nor there. Bioware has already confirmed that it *will* be added. The only question left is how they will add it.

Just... *sigh*
No. Slippery slope does not work like that. At the very least, I'm glad you didn't mention "animals" in that list.
But the game already has interspecies romance. Sith Warrior/Vette springs to mind immediately.
And as for multiple partners? Jade Empire. As a male character, you could end up having a male character get into a threesome with Dawn Star and Silk Fox.
Did I mention that they were cousins?

To restate myself, the topic is now invalid. It was a plea for a confirmation or denial of whether s/s romance would be added.

It will be.

This is not a topic about whether you believe it should or not.

maybe a parental notification for parents to check mark wether or not they want their kids same sex campanion putting the digs on their kids character...

While we are at it though bioware should allow multiple husbands / wives campanions and inter species relationships since that would only be fair to cover all aspects of role playing and game enjoyment. Surely diversity knows no bounds...

Raiellyn
12.28.2011 , 07:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Banetek View Post
maybe a parental notification for parents to check mark wether or not they want their kids same sex campanion putting the digs on their kids character...

While we are at it though bioware should allow multiple husbands / wives campanions and inter species relationships since that would only be fair to cover all aspects of role playing and game enjoyment. Surely diversity knows no bounds...
Please, don't get on your high-horse.

This game deals with genocide, slavery, war, death, murder, non-consensual encounters, infidelity, assassination, torture, disease, poverty, famine, terrorism, and other such subjects.

If homosexual-flirting trumps all those things on your list of things to hide from children, you really should take a long, hard look at your priorities.

Raiellyn
12.28.2011 , 07:12 AM | #24
And just reading that term makes me very sad inside...

Vastalee
12.28.2011 , 07:27 AM | #25
Hello everyone. The official response on this issue is as follows:

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid
Official statement follows:
Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.
There is no further information on this topic at this time. Because of the nature of these threads drifting into off-topic issues surrounding the real-life issues of this subject matter, we will be closing this thread now. Thanks for understanding.