Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same sex romancing, confirm/deny.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same sex romancing, confirm/deny.

Rainbowdesu
12.27.2011 , 09:52 AM | #1
So I've been hearing about homosexual romancing being implanted later in the game but I've been unable to find any kind of proof. If anyone can provide a source that either confirms or denies I'd be most grateful. If confirm, any idea when and would it be possible to romance even though you've done part of/the entire storyline with the companion. For example, lvl 19 Sith Warrior (not far, I know, but serves as an example) with Vette, done some lore with her but not all, still have a chance?

Sincerely yours,
Rainbow
Dash for president.

Malaix
12.27.2011 , 10:00 AM | #2
If I had time for an alt I was going to roll a female just to see what males are romancible. As far as I can tell same sex relationships were left out to keep the ratings low and the homophobic demographic content. Even the flirt options are pretty tame even for a bioware game and generally it culminates in people going to kiss and it fading black then them walking back fully clothed saying "lets do that again sometime!"

Rainbowdesu
12.27.2011 , 10:04 AM | #3
Female flirting is indeed very limited but that's common knowledge by now. This post is more about the rumors I've been hearing about same sex romancing being introduced in an upcoming patch and how it would effect players that have done part of the lore with the companion already.
Dash for president.

Rayla_Felana
12.27.2011 , 10:05 AM | #4
Stephen Reid stated that it would be implemented post-launch, meaning within around 3 months of release (as far as my memory is concerned regarding 'post-launch'), he also stated that the current companions will NOT be changed during implementation, which we can take as there being new companions, at least 2 per class (one a gay male and one a lesbian female), that is ALL the information we have as of now.

krisslanza
12.27.2011 , 02:49 PM | #5
Not to disagree with the above post, but as far as I know the only confirmed news we have is that same-sex romance will be a "post-launch" feature.

They haven't said if it'll be for existing companions or only new ones. They mention that "they can add new companions", but it hasn't exactly been said if it'll effect existing ones or not. Any attempt I have tried to ask, just gets the topic closed with the "it'll be added later" response without any response on the how. Or when.

Kemmer
12.27.2011 , 03:58 PM | #6
Kudos to Bioware for considering this at all!

Wikrosa
12.27.2011 , 05:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Stephen Reid stated that it would be implemented post-launch, meaning within around 3 months of release (as far as my memory is concerned regarding 'post-launch'), he also stated that the current companions will NOT be changed during implementation, which we can take as there being new companions, at least 2 per class (one a gay male and one a lesbian female), that is ALL the information we have as of now.
Wow I really dont beleive any of this is actually confirmed except that it would be implemented post-launch and that current ones wont be changed.. I dont think its ever been confirmed when post-launch is except that its not in the launch. So for my account could be 3 months or 3 years hypothetically. I dont think its confirmed that every class and sex at any point whenever anything is implemented will have 1 gay companion and one straight.

It could just be implemented in a way so that you can hook up with random npcs for all we know.

If I am wrong witch I doubt I am feel free to correct me with a source.

Personally I would guess this will be an expansion thingy. 2 new gay companions for each class.

Pawtry
12.27.2011 , 08:04 PM | #8
I'm willing to believe the rumors given Bioware's pretty good history in its previous games for allowing same sex relationships.

BrigOrion
12.27.2011 , 11:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pawtry View Post
I'm willing to believe the rumors given Bioware's pretty good history in its previous games for allowing same sex relationships.
Except it's not BioWare's decision. So, welcome to Star Wars The Old Homophobic Republic.

Rainbowdesu
12.28.2011 , 12:15 AM | #10
It does indeed seem likely that if we see same sex romancing they will introduce new companion instead of re-doing the conversations of all the old ones, thus avoiding the problem with players already completing the storyline with their companion. Shame though, really liked Vette.
Dash for president.