Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no anti-aliasing and vsync broken?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
no anti-aliasing and vsync broken?

Cheebamaster
12.13.2011 , 04:22 PM | #1
Just logged into game...seeing jaggedy edges with no anti-aliasing option in gfx panel...extremely limited actually...and even though vysnc is enable i'm still getting 100+ fps with screen tearing on my 2x 580gtx's

anyone else having an issue?

Cheebamaster
12.13.2011 , 04:29 PM | #2
wow forums moving fast

undermined
12.13.2011 , 04:35 PM | #3
relaunch the client to get vsync and check with "ctrl-shift-F" for the framerate counter. As for AA, it wasn't functioning in the beta and one needed to force it in the control panel of your GPU so either a driver needs a update or the profiles in the drivers

SunwindIon
12.13.2011 , 04:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by undermined View Post
it wasn't functioning in the beta and one needed to force it in the control panel of your GPU so either a driver needs a update or the profiles in the drivers
why does that mean the drivers need to be updated?
the game needs to be updated to support native anti aliasing, so you don't HAVE to force it, because forcing AA can have detrimental performance effects, artifacts etc (Depending on the game)

Tcapps
12.14.2011 , 02:34 AM | #5
Vsync is totally non functional for me as well. Lots of screen tearing.
Helm of Graush - PvP East - 50 Vanguard - Capps
Scientific Method - For Science!

undermined
12.15.2011 , 04:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
why does that mean the drivers need to be updated?
the game needs to be updated to support native anti aliasing, so you don't HAVE to force it, because forcing AA can have detrimental performance effects, artifacts etc (Depending on the game)
yeah BioWare should rewrite the entire game engine to enable support that your now outdated drivers don't support...or Nvidia and AMD need to update their drivers like they do for every other game .

get real