Next big villain: Sel-Makor? Major Warrior and KotET Spoilers!

hozjr

Despite what others say there is still a lot story opportunity for SWTOR. There are still many mysteries to be solved, especially on the planet Voss. Even though the Emperor said Sel-Makor was vanquished in the voice of darkness mission, Madaga-Ru later says that he was only contained and if he were to be unleashed he could have the power to plunge The Galaxy into complete chaos and oblivion and that only he knows how to stop it. Here is my vision for the next expansion. With the death of Senya (dark side choice), Arccan(if you kill Senya you face him in battle), Vaylin, and Valkorion, because so many EXTREMELY powerful people with the force, caused so many disturbances and tremors in the force, it freed Sel-Makor and all the entities within the dark heart and possibly awakened the Sith spirits in the Dark Temple or maybe even the spirits of the ancient Dark Lords on Korriban, who knows, the Force makes anything possible!

Madaga-Ru (the only one who knows how to stop Sel-Makor) is somehow killed and you must use the combine force of the Eternal Throne, Republic, and Sith Empire to somehow find a way to vanquish or contain the spirits and Sel-Makor once again. Heck they could even throw in something involving the Entity in the Warrior story line. So much storytelling potential! Or they could even use this as an opportunity to tell of a forgotten event where the Galaxy we know and the Vong first come into touch for the first time, or something involving Abeloth and the Family of Mortis, or it doesn't even have to have Abeloth in it, it could just involve the Family of Mortis. Sorry if it sounds like i'm rambling. What do you think about this. BUT HEY. THAT'S JUST A THEORY. A GAME THEORY!

Sel-Makor was destroyed by Sana Rae in the Jedi Knight Class Story. Or at least that is a possible outcome.

This. Sel-Makor is killed at the end of the Jedi Knight's class story on Voss.

As far as past characters go, Darth Malgus is probably the best bet for being elevated to primary antagonist. There was a trailer made for KOTFE or KOTET (forget which) that included a scene of Malgus frozen in carbonite and being taken to Zakuul. The scene was cut from the trailer (it was leaked) and obviously the story of KOTFE/KOTET changed, but it probably indicates that Malgus didn't die during the Battle of Ilum and that the devs are planning on bringing him back at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Malgus returns only to destroy Darth Acina and seize control of the Sith Empire. His gambit at Ilum after all was aimed at securing the then vacant throne of the Sith Empire. If he survived, I doubt he's abandoned the goal of being crowed Emperor.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

In the SW story you run into this Entity thing, according to the codex entry she brought the Jedi order to it's knees, Vowran in that mission even says "Have you ever felt such pure dark energy" and then the Entity mutters some odd words that indicate a deep story and relationship with Vitiate! Not some Mother or another crazed daughter, but romantic relationship. "I have been trapped here waiting for my love, your emperor"

This. Sel-Makor is killed at the end of the Jedi Knight's class story on Voss.

As far as past characters go, Darth Malgus is probably the best bet for being elevated to primary antagonist. There was a trailer made for KOTFE or KOTET (forget which) that included a scene of Malgus frozen in carbonite and being taken to Zakuul. The scene was cut from the trailer (it was leaked) and obviously the story of KOTFE/KOTET changed, but it probably indicates that Malgus didn't die during the Battle of Ilum and that the devs are planning on bringing him back at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Malgus returns only to destroy Darth Acina and seize control of the Sith Empire. His gambit at Ilum after all was aimed at securing the then vacant throne of the Sith Empire. If he survived, I doubt he's abandoned the goal of being crowed Emperor.

I could see him as the next villain, in fact he's probably in with all those other Popsicle's in the carbonite prison. After realizing he has been frozen for such a long time and missing so many galactic events like the plaque outbreak, the Dread War, the Hutt Cartel Conflict, and Revan reborn, but most of all, YOU. The person that stole his chance at supreme glory and now rules most of the known galaxy and is the new Emperor/ or peacekeeper if you take the light side choice. After taking out Darth Acina and now ruling the Sith Empire, he now goes after you, and this time you are the false emperor.

Why people still want to resurrect Malgus? What sense would it even make to replace Acina with him or spark another Sith Civil War? Acina is basically doing exactly what Malgus wanted to do with his rebellion, reforming the Empire into a more consolidated and pragmatic power, with centralized government limiting infighting. :s

Give us a civil war in the Republic, some serious internal drama there, bigger then mails about Saresh being a tyrant manipulating everything from the shadows. The Sith are basically bled dry at this point, I know infighting is in their nature, but this was done SO MANY TIMES. Republic is just SO BORING at this point. Give it some flavour, Some split in the Jedi Order, some separatism furled by both the Sith and the Zakuul being perceived as weak. Anything. Not more Malgus. :/

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Why people still want to resurrect Malgus? What sense would it even make to replace Acina with him or spark another Sith Civil War? Acina is basically doing exactly what Malgus wanted to do with his rebellion, reforming the Empire into a more consolidated and pragmatic power, with centralized government limiting infighting. :s

Give us a civil war in the Republic, some serious internal drama there, bigger then mails about Saresh being a tyrant manipulating everything from the shadows. The Sith are basically bled dry at this point, I know infighting is in their nature, but this was done SO MANY TIMES. Republic is just SO BORING at this point.

Except I don't see Saresh being in any more stories as we had the opportunity to kill her as well. I know my sorcerer did in my story.

Except I don't see Saresh being in any more stories as we had the opportunity to kill her as well. I know my sorcerer did in my story.

I know and it makes the situation even more miserable IMO - with her out of the picture, there's no obvious drama and tension at all in the Republic storyline.

I refereed to what kind of development we had about the situation in the Republic since Ziost - mails, short conversations etc. While the Empire was going through great changes and we could see it for ourselves in KotET, post-Ziost the Republic barely does anything notable. There's really a lot that could happen in there, without resurrecting dead villains and people still talk about Malgus and Revan. :/

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Give us a civil war in the Republic, some serious internal drama there, bigger then mails about Saresh being a tyrant manipulating everything from the shadows. The Sith are basically bled dry at this point, I know infighting is in their nature, but this was done SO MANY TIMES. Republic is just SO BORING at this point. Give it some flavour, Some split in the Jedi Order, some separatism furled by both the Sith and the Zakuul being perceived as weak. Anything. Not more Malgus. :/

Oh! Here's an idea: What if in the next expansion the alliance starts to split apart because Pubs and Imps that are now part of the alliance go back to their original factions and you have to keep yourself from getting overthrown, you are the Big-Bad, or you have the choice to disband and go back to your original faction, you could even become the Jedi grand master or Emperor depending on faction. Personally i'd much rather rule the Sith Empire from Dromund-Kaas than lead the Eternal Alliance/Eternal Empire from some backwater planet teeter tottering on the edge of the Galaxy with no history like Oddesen. I mean seriously if you look at where Oddesen and Zakuul are it is a terrible place to build Your Capital, most of wild space is unexplored, and only a fraction of the new capital of the Eternal Empire isn't explored It's like making your capital Illum, But at least Illum has history. Your practically isolated from the rest of the galaxy and far away from any other major political power like The Sith Empire and Republic.

Oh! Here's an idea: What if in the next expansion the alliance starts to split apart because Pubs and Imps that are now part of the alliance go back to their original factions and you have to keep yourself from getting overthrown, you are the Big-Bad, or you have the choice to disband and go back to your original faction, you could even become the Jedi grand master or Emperor depending on faction. Personally i'd much rather rule the Sith Empire from Dromund-Kaas than lead the Eternal Alliance/Eternal Empire from some backwater planet teeter tottering on the edge of the Galaxy with no history like Oddesen. I mean seriously if you look at where Oddesen and Zakuul are it is a terrible place to build Your Capital, most of wild space is unexplored, and only a fraction of the new capital of the Eternal Empire isn't explored It's like making your capital Illum, But at least Illum has history. Your practically isolated from the rest of the galaxy and far away from any other major political power like The Sith Empire and Republic.

Well, that's the most obvious continuation fo present story and it sounds good. It would probably need three storylines in order to work properly though, a Republic one, Imperial one and an Independent/Zakuul one. Could be awesome, I'm just not sure if developers have it in them. :)

Also, my Inq would just pledge himself to Acina and take back his place as Minister of Ancient Knowledge. And probably marry her too. Emperor-consort of the Sith, sounds good enough really. xD

For my sorceress and my agent they would rather rule the Eternal Empire than the Empire. They both have various reasons for wanting the empire under their shoes and would love the chance to grind them into the dust. My agent for one would never trust an empire that condone brain washing on her and my agent will always be distrustful of them so for her to have an new empire would be beneficial to her and she might even exact some revenge on what they did to her.

Creating a new empire in an area that is vastly unexplored gives them a chance to build an empire into something they could create and with the possibility of recruiting more empire and republic people that are fed up with the same thing day to day would be for them exciting and a chance to create something she wants.

With the ships at their command they could create chaos and keep the empire and republic in line, especially the gravestone.

Disunity is part and parcel to the dark side. Since the influence of the dark side usually causes its users to be extremely self-interested, it doesn't take much to cause the Sith to get embroiled in infighting. Order is only maintained, and barely, when there is a strong man (or woman) at the top that is powerful enough to keep the rest of the Sith mostly in check through fear. Even then, every Sith Emperor is always in danger of being assassinated and replaced by some ambitious rival.

The Sith Empire is also ruled by a totalitarian government complete with a cult of personality centered around it's absolute monarch. Those types of governments historically do often have trouble with stability. It isn't uncommon for disorder and infighting to break out when the strong man at the top of the heap eventually dies.

It just makes a lot more sense for the Sith Empire to go through a bout of infighting in the wake of the Emperor's death, than the Republic. If Malgus is the next antagonist and he seizes the throne from Darth Acina, it also may not necessarily be a civil war. She may just end up assassinated. Or they could have her wed Malgus, though that would be unusual (if potentially interesting) since the Sith aren't typically in favor of sharing power with anyone.

For my sorceress and my agent they would rather rule the Eternal Empire than the Empire. They both have various reasons for wanting the empire under their shoes and would love the chance to grind them into the dust. My agent for one would never trust an empire that condone brain washing on her and my agent will always be distrustful of them so for her to have an new empire would be beneficial to her and she might even exact some revenge on what they did to her.

Creating a new empire in an area that is vastly unexplored gives them a chance to build an empire into something they could create and with the possibility of recruiting more empire and republic people that are fed up with the same thing day to day would be for them exciting and a chance to create something she wants.

With the ships at their command they could create chaos and keep the empire and republic in line, especially the gravestone.

Even if this is the case the case we know that in the EU cannon(which SWTOR is set in) eventually the Eternal Alliance era is going to be short lived and eventually Fizzles away into EU history in less than two centuries as the Empire and Republic are up and back at it again. So the next expansion will probably involve the imminent destruction of the Eternal Throne and the alliance and the Eternal fleet getting destroyed or lost once again. Seeing as though the Galaxy actually knows you aren't immortal like Vitiate/Tenebrae/Valkorion/The Sith Emperor/The Immortal Emperor however many names this guy had or has(because let's face it He's probably not dead seeing as how the Knight and Warrior are terrible at killing the main villain). The people of the Sith Empire DIDN'T know that the Emperor could be killed. Heck, some Imps might even say he's a god and the only thing more powerful than him is the Force itself (In KotET it's shown that The Emperor is powerful but not as powerful as we initially thought.

However the public knows you are mortal this time and you can be hurt and even killed, and with Valkorion no longer taking you as his vessel his power no longer flows through you and your back to your normal state, your just as powerful as any other high ranking Sith or Jedi. I can see if you take the Peacekeeper path in KotET or your the SW class you'd be going to deal with uprisings yourself, But if your anything else especially an Inquisitor, the class that specifically states in character creation "working from the shadows and pulling the strings, the one behind it all, the true big-bad, the one with the massive power base, the mysterious one" your so called Magnificent and powerful Empire is to weak that you have to go and stop uprisings by yourself. I can't even take down two lowly Sith Lords with Arccan by my side who is supposedly more powerful than ever since he redeemed himself but can't evn take on a couple of lowlife miners in the inferno uprising, instead I need a full on strike team. The alliance is doomed the second you sit on the Eternal throne in Chapter 9 of KotET whether you do the Peacekeeper or Emperor path, and this may be what we see in the next expansion. Just forget the whole Sel-Makor theory.

Edited by hozjr
Spelling error

The only bads big enough to give us a fight to be remembered are the Yuuzhan Vong. And before anyone says "they won't be here for millennia", they've already been to the galaxy 300 years before the events of now.

Or do people not remember Canderous Ordo's story in KOTOR 1? About an asteroid that came alive, spitting plasma and the like at his clan before taking off into hyperspace, then heading out deep into the void where even the Mandalorians would not give chase?

No, the only way to go now, considering we now control the Eternal Fleet and Gravestone, is to put them up against a fleet so strong, they could actually wipe the Eternal fleet out and have such a war that would be remembered for a long time to come.

The whole story is in Legends anyways, so why the hell not?

The only bads big enough to give us a fight to be remembered are the Yuuzhan Vong. And before anyone says "they won't be here for millennia", they've already been to the galaxy 300 years before the events of now.

Or do people not remember Canderous Ordo's story in KOTOR 1? About an asteroid that came alive, spitting plasma and the like at his clan before taking off into hyperspace, then heading out deep into the void where even the Mandalorians would not give chase?

No, the only way to go now, considering we now control the Eternal Fleet and Gravestone, is to put them up against a fleet so strong, they could actually wipe the Eternal fleet out and have such a war that would be remembered for a long time to come.

There is also Abeloth, if anybody has ever read the stories outside of the Mortis episode in clone wars, Abeloth was the mother figure before she was locked away by the father, son, and daughter. She was so powerful that she stopped Darth Krayt, and Luke Skywalker "the most powerful Jedi alive" right in his tracks. If I am correct she breaks free every 2000 or so years and it takes the combine power of the Father, Son, and Daughter to imprison her again. So what if the 2000 thousand year cycle ends the time of the next expansion.

As delicious as I found the NJO series, and as much as I'd love to play a Star Wars game that includes a Vong War, I'm not convinced EAware could do the Yuuzhan Vong justice.

There is also Abeloth, if anybody has ever read the stories outside of the Mortis episode in clone wars, Abeloth was the mother figure before she was locked away by the father, son, and daughter. She was so powerful that she stopped Darth Krayt, and Luke Skywalker "the most powerful Jedi alive" right in his tracks. If I am correct she breaks free every 2000 or so years and it takes the combine power of the Father, Son, and Daughter to imprison her again. So what if the 2000 thousand year cycle ends the time of the next expansion.

Naa, we already took down someone just about that strong, it would just be a retread of Valkorion. Kinda sick of that angle. What we need is a full on war.

The post ep 6 EU was terrible garbage even before Disney bought SW, so don't even mention it again in any context whatsoever pls. Especially the Vong and Abeloth (lololololol) Whoever made up those stories are guilty of crimes against humanity.

To have SWTOR being infected by any of the stories there in a direct way would be a sin.

Edited by Kaedusz

The post ep 6 EU was terrible garbage even before Disney bought SW, so don't even mention it again in any context whatsoever pls. Especially the Vong and Abeloth (lololololol) Whoever made up those stories are guilty of crimes against humanity.

To have SWTOR being infected by any of the stories there in a direct way would be a sin.

So Shadows of the Empire, X-wing Books, the Thrawn Trilogy, all garbage? OOOOKAAAY then.

So Shadows of the Empire, X-wing Books, the Thrawn Trilogy, all garbage? OOOOKAAAY then.

It ranges from horrible, terrible garbage to not being starwarsy. It's blatant milking of characters and stories in the movies.

Imagine watching Vikings season 1 and then have some ashole create a bunch of comics about what is supposed to happen during season 2. It's obviously gonna be erased from the continuity once the real season 2 opens, cus it's not what really happens and it's terrible on top of that for many many reasons, but he still makes the damn comics, while your head is about to be broken from all the facepalms. One of reasons is it doesn't even match the characters shown in season 1 and totally changes them.

That times 50 is what the post ep 6 EU is. In other words horrible fan fiction.

Edited by Kaedusz

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

While the quality of the post-RotJ EU was indeed highly variable, it wasn't until after the NJO that they totally ruined it for me.

(Dark Nest trilogy breaking up Jag and Jaina, Legacy of the Force series making everyone complete idiots so they could stretch Jacen's trip to Sithdom to nine books before anyone stopped him, killing Mara, and nearly ruining Tahiri).

Didn't even touch Fate of the Jedi with a barge pole.

Timothy Zahn's Star Wars books remain my firm favourites.

I love the NJO (though I feel like the Force Heretic trilogy in there probably would have been better as two books rather than three - the pacing of them felt odd).