Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please merge servers, again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please merge servers, again.

Alericus's Avatar


Alericus
01.14.2017 , 01:02 PM | #11
and dropping...I'm on bastion...haven't played for a week..why should I nothing going on...merge the damn servers!
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.14.2017 , 09:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
1 Mega server for the U.S ( wouldn't really need to be mega)
Then we can verify without a doubt when the game is actually dying.
This wouldn't work for a lot of people, especially in OS locations like Australia. But that would depend on location, ie west coast would be ok for APAC, estcoast would be unplayable.
Regardless, where ever they were to put it, they would piss off a lot of people in different regions and reduce the population even more.
The only solution is to have 2 servers in the US. One on the west coast and one on the east coast. Then one or two in EU
This would solve the issue of people being stranded on dead servers or new people rolling on a dead server and not realising.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.14.2017 , 09:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alericus View Post
and dropping...I'm on bastion...haven't played for a week..why should I nothing going on...merge the damn servers!
That really sucks for new or returning players that login and discover the server is now dead. Then Bioware have the nerve to ask you to pay to transfer your toons.
They need to offer free transfers from dead servers, then they don't need to merge. Just designate 2 servers that can be transferred, ie Harbinger for west coast people that are stuck on bastion and 1 east coast server. But don't allow people to transfer to dead servers.
Once Bio realise just how many people are left on those servers they will see they need to be merged. What I don't understand is why they can't see that in their data now. Surely they can see how many active players are on at certain times.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.15.2017 , 05:49 AM | #14
I started another merge server threads in the general section because we know Bio don't read the pvp one.
It's funny how the solo game people jump straight in and start attacking you for bringing up merges and how it's going to have this major impact on them if they merge servers. "Apparently" there are only 5 people in the whole game who want server merges, lol. supposedly we are the minority of the games population.
So what ever you do, don't ask for merges or the "scary solo players" will troll you. 😂😂
Feel free to join the conversation over there -
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=910932

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
01.15.2017 , 11:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vektarulz View Post
If you aren't playing harb or ebon hawk pops basically dont exist for republic players, shadowlands has one active pvp guild right now and even though the imps get reg pvp pops rated is gone entirely except for the win traders, just combine the us servers already, make one east one west, you keep holding out fpr this mass population increase that wont happen.
What are you talking about? Ebon Hawk gets plenty of pops lol
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.15.2017 , 08:16 PM | #16
I started a poll to see how many want to merge servers

http://www.strawpoll.me/12119899/r

And this poll to ask what type of swtor player you are

http://www.strawpoll.me/12119962/r

RudeDog's Avatar


RudeDog
01.16.2017 , 07:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vektarulz View Post
If you aren't playing harb or ebon hawk pops basically dont exist for republic players, shadowlands has one active pvp guild right now and even though the imps get reg pvp pops rated is gone entirely except for the win traders, just combine the us servers already, make one east one west, you keep holding out fpr this mass population increase that wont happen.
There is no need to impact every other in the player in the game to please the PVP crowd. PVPers should either transfer or re-roll to Harb and make it the unofficial PVP server if they believe their server does not have a large enough population. I play on JC and PVP every day and get pops regularly from Imp and Pub, but if I wasn't and it frustrated me I wouldn't make a suggestion that screws the entire playerbase to satisfy my need.

Savej's Avatar


Savej
01.16.2017 , 12:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by RudeDog View Post
There is no need to impact every other in the player in the game to please the PVP crowd. PVPers should either transfer or re-roll to Harb and make it the unofficial PVP server if they believe their server does not have a large enough population. I play on JC and PVP every day and get pops regularly from Imp and Pub, but if I wasn't and it frustrated me I wouldn't make a suggestion that screws the entire playerbase to satisfy my need.
And yet, dead servers impact everyone. I've seen it before in other games and in this one: dead and dying servers just get worse, never better, and people in general get turned off from the game. Nevermind hms or ops, what's the q time for fps or uprisings or gsf on BC, JM, POT5 or Bastion during, say, now? That's half the NA servers and most of the rest aren't great. Many things improve for everyone on busy servers. When you say "impact", what exactly are you referring to. What are you afraid will happen?

Vektarulz's Avatar


Vektarulz
01.22.2017 , 06:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
And yet, dead servers impact everyone. I've seen it before in other games and in this one: dead and dying servers just get worse, never better, and people in general get turned off from the game. Nevermind hms or ops, what's the q time for fps or uprisings or gsf on BC, JM, POT5 or Bastion during, say, now? That's half the NA servers and most of the rest aren't great. Many things improve for everyone on busy servers. When you say "impact", what exactly are you referring to. What are you afraid will happen?
Exactly, you have to put yourself into the perspective of a brand new player, which Bioware themselves is holding out for. You try the game out and after leveling for awhile que for other content and realize you had been in que for hours with not one pop in any category, you decide other than the class story the game is complete ****. Or you make it to 70 because someone told you end game is the only content, and realize, hey theres no que pops or content here either. Basically the only swtor players left are founders and fanboys, everyone else either never gave it a chance or gave up at some point along the way. I played during Vanilla and people seem to forget that the game had an exodus of over a million players...
Elite Warlord, Founder, ╦xile - Shadowlands
http://www.swtor.com/r/WHBvNr

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.22.2017 , 07:45 PM | #20
Agreed. Dead servers Drive new people away if they roll on them and don't realise. They then tell their friends who dont even bother.
For every person who trashes swtor because they are new and it's dead or they leave because its dead, will tell another ten people. Those ten people tell another 10.
These new solo players that have been drawn into the game and don't do group content love dead servers because they don't have to share anything like mobs, respawns or resources.
But they don't understand that this is an MMO based on group play as well. So when ever any group content players like pvpers or operations guys say we need merges, they jump up and down and have a hissy fit and tell us we are being selfish and how dare we ask for merges.
Half these guys haven't even been playing 18 months, some not even 12 months. But they seem to be experts on what the game needs, they seem to know what a dead server is (apparently none of them are dead ), and they are so loud and argumentative if you ask for merges to fix the game for the rest of the 80% of the player base. To the point of trolling any thread or any body asking for merges. They think they can silence us by trolling.
What ever fact or logic you use to explain it to them they try to rip it apart and tell you it's wrong and you have an agenda , (idiots, of course we do, we want the game fixed). But they will use the most illogical and selfish reasons to make their point.
There are way more group content players in this game than just solo story players. Being conservative I would say 80% are group content, but I think that's being generous. I wouldn't be surprised if the number was more like 90%.
Group players need populations to play. People stuck on dead servers can't play group content.
Merging servers has no real impact on solo players except maybe waiting 30sec for a mob respwan because they can get on at anytime of the day and play their game content straight away.
Group content players can't. If we don't have enough people we can't play.
So who is being more selfish?
10% of the population who don't want to share resources and are arguing against population consolidation for group players
Or
90% of the population who want everyone to be able to play the game by consolidating the servers?

EDIT: I expect my personal anti merge troll to turn up here because he's followed me everywhere else. LoL 😂