Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please merge servers, again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please merge servers, again.

Vektarulz
01.13.2017 , 12:51 PM | #1
If you aren't playing harb or ebon hawk pops basically dont exist for republic players, shadowlands has one active pvp guild right now and even though the imps get reg pvp pops rated is gone entirely except for the win traders, just combine the us servers already, make one east one west, you keep holding out fpr this mass population increase that wont happen.
Elite Warlord, Founder, Ëxile - Shadowlands
http://www.swtor.com/r/WHBvNr

jedcjedcjedc
01.13.2017 , 01:26 PM | #2
we play against pubs a decent amount on JC.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Vektarulz
01.13.2017 , 04:57 PM | #3
"Heavy"" servers dont even exist anymore, even harb, the most populated us server is a standard

TrixxieTriss
01.13.2017 , 05:11 PM | #4
Myself and others have been asking for this since March last year. Bioware said months ago before the expansion that they would wait and see. Obviously that had to do with "their" expectations of an increase of people for the expansion.

There were lots of people in the gen section saying that there would be a massive increase and the servers were already heavy, LOL. They were newer players and had NFI regarding what is heavy. Most of them were solo players who didn't want to have to share any mobs, farm nodes, wait for heroic respawns etc. They are probably RPG players and this is their first MMO.

To cut a long story from being longer, I actually said back when we were asking for merges that there would be no significant population boost with the expansion, which there wasn't. They actually lost players because of the poorly designed expansion. I also said that come Mid to the end of January, all those fly by night expansion players would start to leave and we would see a big drop in population activity. So guess I can now get on my high horse and say I told you so

So Bioware Devs, it is now time to look at and plan these server merges.

We need -
1 for the west coast (probably Harbinger)
1 for the east coast
1-2 for Euro

If that doesn't fix populations then the game is truely dead.

Qwurdilu
01.13.2017 , 08:15 PM | #5
Here is a detailed explanation why this wont revitalize PvP and what really needs to be done: Its been written with ranked in mind, but the very same incentives and psychological effects also apply to reg pvp

Savej
01.14.2017 , 01:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
Here is a detailed explanation why this wont revitalize PvP and what really needs to be done: Its been written with ranked in mind, but the very same incentives and psychological effects also apply to reg pvp
The first thing you need for ELO to work is a population. It's just not there on any server. You're not going to convince everyone that currently prefers to do regs to do ranked instead and you're not going to get PVE'ers to do ranked any more than CXP already has.

Your premise is flawed. Ranked in this game has never had enough of a population that the qs couldn't easily be extremely exploited by a couple people with no scruples - that has always been a major flaw in the system here. And ideally there should be at least a dozen people in q on both sides -in several different ELO brackets- during all or most times of the day (or else win traders take advantage of empty qs and/or regular q exploiters/dodgers/syncers get their ratings bumped). And for anything like that to happen we've needed x-server or mergers right from the start. X-faction arenas would dramatically complicate things for win traders and make the ELO matches a bit easier to line up as well, but first we need a much larger population.

Lundorff
01.14.2017 , 03:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
We need -
1 for the west coast (probably Harbinger)
1 for the east coast
1-2 for Euro
I doubt they would merge European language servers, so we would probably end up with 1 French, 1 German and 1 English (that sounds like the start of a joke, which, in hindsight isn't far from the mark...)

-Bob-
01.14.2017 , 11:10 AM | #8
1 Mega server for the U.S ( wouldn't really need to be mega)
Then we can verify without a doubt when the game is actually dying.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Eeros
01.14.2017 , 11:24 AM | #9
Just went to TRE this month from MOTF.

French servers are almost empty, probably the same for german one too.

Dunno for American servers, but yes you should really merge european servers.

Vektarulz
01.14.2017 , 12:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
1 Mega server for the U.S ( wouldn't really need to be mega)
Then we can verify without a doubt when the game is actually dying.
You dont need one server to verify that, harb is only a standard right now, and only at primetine, there was pnly 300k subscribers durning 2.0 that was the last time bioware announced their subscriptions(i wonder why) there is no way ot is more than that now, i would even go as far to say theres only about 50 k players, total.