Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

grania
02.21.2017 , 03:24 PM | #21
So, how many LIs are still missing? It must be quite a writing challenge to come up with so many different reasons these companions could not get in touch with you. Plus how each one will be killable when they do return.

(And why do I have this image in my head of Kira and Vector together, as if Kira joined the killiks to make sure she wouldn't fall to the dark side after the knight disappeared. Completely random and sadistic, I know, sorry.)
--
Oh man.. Vector, he'll be killable someday, how awful I mean I've had time to come to terms with Quinn dying, but Vector? I just can't even..

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

perotta
02.21.2017 , 08:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
So, how many LIs are still missing? It must be quite a writing challenge to come up with so many different reasons these companions could not get in touch with you. Plus how each one will be killable when they do return.

Oh man.. Vector, he'll be killable someday, how awful I mean I've had time to come to terms with Quinn dying, but Vector? I just can't even..
Still missing: Kira and Doc for JK, Nadia and Felix for JC, Elara for TR, Corso, Risha and Akaavi for SM, Malavai and Jaesa for SW, Andronikos and Ashara for SI, Vector and Raina for IA, Mako for BH. So... 15 LIs. I think. I'm not good with math.

(It just occured to me that almost no one seems to care about Mako. I mean I've never seen her name come up in such discussions. Maybe)

But do we know for sure that all LIs will be killable? It would be so... You know...

I mean, Vector

BlueShiftRecall
02.22.2017 , 01:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by perotta View Post
Still missing: Kira and Doc for JK, Nadia and Felix for JC, Elara for TR, Corso, Risha and Akaavi for SM, Malavai and Jaesa for SW, Andronikos and Ashara for SI, Vector and Raina for IA, Mako for BH. So... 15 LIs. I think. I'm not good with math.

(It just occured to me that almost no one seems to care about Mako. I mean I've never seen her name come up in such discussions. Maybe)
I saw a post in the General Discussion section about a week ago about someone threatening to unsub if Mako doesn't return, usually these posts are about Kira or more popular companions so I was surprised to see a Mako thread. Poor Raina I've seen her get no love at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

bluehufsa
02.22.2017 , 02:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
I just want Kira and Jaesa to return as important story characters.
Important for SW and JK, but not for the other classes, for example BH never crossed path with either of them, so i dare to question their " importance". Yes, Kira was a Child of the emperor, but she was not in the last two expansions, her appearance would have made a lot of sense.
Jaesa? how is she important for a non SW character? In the story, she is just a fallen jedi, but nothing more, again i dare to question her so-called power to see the true nature of a person - on Taris she pretends to see the traitors among a group of soldiers, big deal to see the guilt on someone's face.. you dont need special powers for that. . Not connected to the Children of the emperor, to Acina, to Satele or to any other really important character., so what makes her so "important" ? Besides being a LI, nothing.

Venn_Dras
02.22.2017 , 02:43 AM | #25
Well, since they've told us that Quinn and Elara are showing up next season, the list is down to 13 of the LI left to return. This is going to take awhile.....

perotta
02.22.2017 , 04:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Venn_Dras View Post
Well, since they've told us that Quinn and Elara are showing up next season, the list is down to 13 of the LI left to return. This is going to take awhile.....
Hopefully they will be returning them in pairs (like Quinn and Elara). But even then, I doubt we'll see all of them return by the end of the year.

Zyonz
02.22.2017 , 08:58 AM | #27
With the next patch, I'm wondering if depending on what side we choose whether be Imps or Rep are we only able o choose the companion from that faction. If we side with imperials we can only choose Quinn or is there an opportunity to choose Done at some time off the story and vice versa.
Ira - Imperial Sniper

Your Sins are my Legacy

CloudCastle
02.23.2017 , 09:11 AM | #28
I really hope they don't insist upon hoisting "kill or save" decisions on all our LI's. It feels like a lazy cop-out to me, honestly, like they want a excuse not to have to write our fave companions into their stories anymore.

There's a reason why they are favorites, you know. Taking them out of the story forever is counter-intuitive.

lawfig
02.23.2017 , 10:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zapminer View Post
So I played both KOTFE and KOTET. I found out that in the storyline, this is the "balance" of returned companions

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.
Jedi Consular: None.
Smuggler: None
Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.
Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.
Sith Inquisitor: None.
Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.
Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

And that's it for all! Remember, I do not consider returned companions by Alliance Alerts or Yuun, that is returned by the mission "To Find a Findsman".

With that said, there is a HUGE unbalance here! Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent were the ones that had most companions returned. WHY? They aren't even the Cannon Classes! The Cannon Classes are Jedi Knight (becuase he killed the Sith Emperor) and Sith Warrior (becuase he is the Emperor's Wrath). This NEEDS balancing!

What I suggest is that you make a new expansion (Rakghoul Plague gets worse, expands beyond Taris, Rakghoul transform into Nekghouls and have an immense power, the Ethernal Alliance needs to stop them? And the Rakghoul Leader is Valkorion) where there are at least 9 chapters. The 8 first to recover the old companions (each chapter has all companions of each class, light and dark) and the 9th to FINISH the Rakghoul Plague (not really, you just set them back all the way to Taris and make it almost impossible for the Plague to leave it). And that's it.
Counselor gets Qyzen back on side mission
Trooper also gets Yuun in the very beginning
Knight also gets Rusk -- and BH can get Skadge on same mission
Warrior gets Pierce via pvp
Trooper gets Forex via pvp
Sorcerer also gets Xalex and Talos Drelik

Damask_Rose
02.23.2017 , 11:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I really hope they don't insist upon hoisting "kill or save" decisions on all our LI's. It feels like a lazy cop-out to me, honestly, like they want a excuse not to have to write our fave companions into their stories anymore.

There's a reason why they are favorites, you know. Taking them out of the story forever is counter-intuitive.
I agree! I still resent the Torian/Vette thing and think it's just gimmicky, bad writing. To make it worse, the return terminal is broken for them 😡