Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

theinjuredtroop
01.19.2017 , 08:49 PM | #11
I think that whatever companions have not returned should be class specific.

I highly doubt that any republic character would want to have malavai as a companion.

The way it should be done is to make a 20 to 60 minute story depending on what class you are (bounty hunter being 20 mins because it only needs one companion and consular being about an hour because it needs 4).
My referral link for goodies >>> http://www.swtor.com/r/xcDS3B

SithKoriandr
01.19.2017 , 10:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by theinjuredtroop View Post
I think that whatever companions have not returned should be class specific.

I highly doubt that any republic character would want to have malavai as a companion.

The way it should be done is to make a 20 to 60 minute story depending on what class you are (bounty hunter being 20 mins because it only needs one companion and consular being about an hour because it needs 4).
Totally disagree. Some might want Quinn. Maybe he goes Rep side!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

TrixxieTriss
01.21.2017 , 02:06 AM | #13
I've always hoped we would be able pick and choose from all the companions as we go through the chapters. I was hoping to have an all female crew

JediAkemi
01.21.2017 , 06:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I've always hoped we would be able pick and choose from all the companions as we go through the chapters. I was hoping to have an all female crew
Team Girl Power would be awesome

cunctatorg
01.21.2017 , 07:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
Team Girl Power would be awesome
You keep missing my point regarding all these patterns...

Personally I believe that my previous post here is (game-wise and story-wise) the most interesting and important I ever wrote!...

The_Lost_Bean
01.22.2017 , 04:17 AM | #16
I'd like to see all of the original companions return.

Plus you can change their appearance. I don't know why the ability to customize the KOTFE/KOTET companions were taken away.

SteveTheCynic
01.22.2017 , 05:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Lost_Bean View Post
I'd like to see all of the original companions return.

Plus you can change their appearance. I don't know why the ability to customize the KOTFE/KOTET companions were taken away.
Except for Shae Vizsla (?sp) it was not taken away. Lana & Co. could NEVER wear different gear. And SV's gear slots were a bug anyway.

But yes, they should have *given* us that ability.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Fygee
01.22.2017 , 10:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by cunctatorg View Post
So this is the list of the missing companions:

PUBS
JK: Kira Carsen, Lord Scourge, Doc (=3...)

JC: Nadia Grell, Tharan Cedrax, Felix Iresso, Zenith (=4!...)

TR: Elara Dorn (=1!!)

SM: Risha Drayen, Akaavi Spar, Corso Riggs (=3...)

IMPS:
SW: Jaesa Willsaam, Malavai Quinn (=2 because Broonmark is back)

SI: Ashara Zavros, Adronikos Revel (=2-3... because Khem Val isn't back but it seems to me that his very replacement is the Dashade ... though we can't be sure and personally I'm suspicious about Khem-Val's whereabouts and his future!)

IA: Ensign Raina Temple, Vector Hyllus (=2)

BH: Mako (=1!!...)

Well, there is obviously -at least- one pattern here: all the romance interests (without any exception) are either hidden or kidnapped and the like... Why did they go hiding? It's not justifiable, therefore I tend to figure that there is something deeper here...

Another pattern: there is always one more missing companion with the exception of the "dual classes" of TR and BH.
What's about the second missing companion and his role? And why neither the BH nor the TR have this second missing companion?!?

There is another pattern, a third one: something has "happened" to the companions of the Republic Classes, namely the JK, the JC (!) and even the SM... Doc was nice, Corso Riggs was also likable, not to mention the JC's extra missing companions...

And last but not least: what about the Dashade and Khem-Val?!?
Ummm, you're incorrect about the romance options. You could romance Vette, Aric, Torian, and Kaliyo.

That said, a lot of them are missing.

I think its safe to say that the devs aren't putting all of their eggs in two baskets for companions. There will be further expansions and more companions available in them.

Sardorim
01.23.2017 , 04:14 AM | #19
I just want Kira and Jaesa to return as important story characters.

ThePsyEagle
02.21.2017 , 03:05 PM | #20
Well, it seems like they don't wanna bring back the romanceable characters through simple alliance missions which is good imo. So they will either bring them back in the next expansion or the left ones are only obtianable for their specific class. Like they said, the other Dashade is so everyone can have an awesome Dashade following them. But why don't just bring back Khem? So i heard of the theory that a few characters are still class specific, like only the SI will get Khem back, Jaessa will only return to the SW and so on.

Btw I think Kira and DS Jaessa would make a great duo, one turned from the DS to the LS and the other one the other way around. And both are almost same age and padawan/apprentice of the player.