Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... Whats next? The Future of SWTOR...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So... Whats next? The Future of SWTOR...

HoloTweed
01.11.2017 , 08:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPaulusCobris View Post
It will require decent writing skills to pull this off.
Im a writter my self and i envision this way out of this mess.
Ironic that someone claiming to be a writer can't even spell the word "writer."

The story you propose? UGH, it's the exact same as KOTFE, actually, except about 40x worse. Back in carbonite for 200 years we go? Lose all companions, except with no way to ever recover them?

Yikes. Already having trouble continuing to play the actual version of this game, but I would unsub in two seconds if your version would ever be put into reality.

LordPaulusCobris
01.11.2017 , 10:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
Ironic that someone claiming to be a writer can't even spell the word "writer."

The story you propose? UGH, it's the exact same as KOTFE, actually, except about 40x worse. Back in carbonite for 200 years we go? Lose all companions, except with no way to ever recover them?

Yikes. Already having trouble continuing to play the actual version of this game, but I would unsub in two seconds if your version would ever be put into reality.
Hello,
Im sorry, English is not my native language, so some grammar errors might appear.
About the story... We need to just ignore KOTFE/KOFET lore, is just incoherent with that came behind...
The incredible ammount of worthless companions is just insane... They are just SHELLS with no content at all...

SWTOR, needs a reboot, and the way to be made is to let "time" pass, and killoff all the stupid decisions BW made with these two expansions...

The player need to go back to square 1 (just like the game), and restart again... Loosing memory+passage of time, will rid the game of obvious problems like the companion insanity, and the "on rails" story.
We wake up in another time, alone, powerless and we will need to be back again in the game.
As a bonus we might get some memories back if it serve the narrative, but then again the whole ideia is to revert back to Swtor vanilla style...

200 years will be a good amount of time to let the "legend" pass to mith, and then to rurmor...
Nobody will be alive to recognise the player or even to help him out...

New story, new companions, new oportunities...

If the player are stuck in carbonite, or in some mistical place, or space anomaly, doesn´t really matter... what does matter is that a reboot is a great oportunity to "Relaunch" SWTOR with better mechanics but the core ideia of the Vannilla ERA.

Best Regards,

LPC
Lord Paulus Cobris

Ambramotte
01.11.2017 , 10:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by lobstah_rofls View Post
GC is a casual killer and MMO players are mostly casuals. I mean they have to know that. They made it so the casual raiders with jobs and lives etc can't just show up on Tuesday night or whenever for the op.
I guess that depends on what type of casual you're talking about. I would casually login for NiM raids twice a week in 4.0 and we eventually got almost all bosses down down ... eventually. For people like that, yeah ... the grind sucks because I just wanted to login to raid. Now all this CXP is getting in the way. Completely destroys changing raid comp. Want to 5 dps a boss? Nope, tank hasn't been grinding enough to earn bother sets of gear.

Now for folks who play causally in a different way, say pugging SM ops or whatever, this isn't so bad. They have a shot at the most advanced gear in game through whatever gameplay they choose to do. I guess that's a good thing :/ I personally don't understand why they need gear for bolstered SM or NiM gear for HM content, but it doesn't really phase me all the much. The only part that I don't like is the idea this represents which is that "it's not fair that some player can EARN rewards while others cannot". I personally think it's a maturity and inferiority complex issue. Does little Johnny and his team deserve a trophy even though they didn't win? I think the answer is no, but that's a difference of world view perspectives I think. Specifically, I could care less about the armor/mods/enhancements ... it's more the bling that bothers me (shells, similiar mounts on the cartel market, etc.) But at the end of the day, it's just a game.

LordPaulusCobris
01.11.2017 , 01:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambramotte View Post
I guess that depends on what type of casual you're talking about. I would casually login for NiM raids twice a week in 4.0 and we eventually got almost all bosses down down ... eventually. For people like that, yeah ... the grind sucks because I just wanted to login to raid. Now all this CXP is getting in the way. Completely destroys changing raid comp. Want to 5 dps a boss? Nope, tank hasn't been grinding enough to earn bother sets of gear.

Now for folks who play causally in a different way, say pugging SM ops or whatever, this isn't so bad. They have a shot at the most advanced gear in game through whatever gameplay they choose to do. I guess that's a good thing :/ I personally don't understand why they need gear for bolstered SM or NiM gear for HM content, but it doesn't really phase me all the much. The only part that I don't like is the idea this represents which is that "it's not fair that some player can EARN rewards while others cannot". I personally think it's a maturity and inferiority complex issue. Does little Johnny and his team deserve a trophy even though they didn't win? I think the answer is no, but that's a difference of world view perspectives I think. Specifically, I could care less about the armor/mods/enhancements ... it's more the bling that bothers me (shells, similiar mounts on the cartel market, etc.) But at the end of the day, it's just a game.
I agree...
I for one don´t care less for any kind of gear... I like the appearance and looks, more then that competitive part of the gear, coins, etc...

I loose more time putting my toon the way i like it, then going for endless grind to get the "BEST" gear.
I was like this when i was younger, have more time and patience... But now... I don´t care anymore...

I do value, good story, good gameplay, good narrative, and eventually having a good time when i play...
I got much more fun with vanilla and their story class (with the help of the "alive" companion).

I still have hope, that SWTOR can be turned around, if they do this next phase RIGHT... Return to the Origins will be what ppl really want...

Best Regards,

LPC
Lord Paulus Cobris

TUXs
01.11.2017 , 02:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Id be happy with 5.1 being "You wake up from a really bad dream..." Roll the story back to the end of 3.0 and try again. Get new writers and new management.
I'd preorder that expansion!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs
01.11.2017 , 02:44 PM | #26
SWTOR, needs a reboot, and the way to be made is to let "time" pass, and killoff all the stupid decisions BW made with these two expansions...
Maybe Revan could finally be dead?? If so, this story has my vote
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

LordPaulusCobris
01.11.2017 , 02:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Maybe Revan could finally be dead?? If so, this story has my vote
Hello,
Yes Revan is dead... it was reunited with the "vessel" and ascended to the force plane...
No more Revan... Mediclorians have their energy soul in piece...

But... It can appears from time to time... in force ghosts to give us some good information about the Force plane and how Valkorion is making a rave party with all the dead, that our character made... (and a lot of robots too... :P)....

Best Regards,

LPC
Lord Paulus Cobris

PlasmaJohn
01.11.2017 , 03:45 PM | #28
SWTOR, needs a reboot, ...
What if KotFE/KotET -is- the mandated reboot to synchronize SW:TOR with Disney canon?

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

LordPaulusCobris
01.11.2017 , 04:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
What if KotFE/KotET -is- the mandated reboot to synchronize SW:TOR with Disney canon?

That moment when Vader realises that we "killed" her wife and his kids....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Disney hidden agenda.... To stupidify everyone of us...

:P

LPC
Lord Paulus Cobris

GirlKiss
01.11.2017 , 04:56 PM | #30
Hello,
Yes Revan is dead... it was reunited with the "vessel" and ascended to the force plane...
No more Revan... Mediclorians have their energy soul in piece...

LPC
Which proofs Revan was very powerful and actually he never got killed by someone.