Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing NERF!

Assaultrooper
12.27.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1
QQ Apparently Bioware listens to the community. Read the new patch notes
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

JustiniZHere
12.27.2011 , 09:43 AM | #2
yeah....well time to drop it for something else >_>

atleast I never got it to a super high level.

magnuskn
12.27.2011 , 09:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Assaultrooper View Post
QQ Apparently Bioware listens to the community. Read the new patch notes
Yeah, listening to the community is good. However, if that community is yelling nonsense, because they don't have an idea how the endgame economy looks like, then it is stupid.

The people who have violent convulsions over slicing and are only level 25 should please shut the kriff up until they are at level 45-50 and see how small the part of your money income is which comes from slicing.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

gumnutza
12.27.2011 , 09:48 AM | #4
I'll hold back my opinion until I actually test it out myself. But from the description in the patch notes it sounds like you won't be able to make any credits slicing now. I don't understand the point of having slicing in the game if that is true. I agree that it needed to be toned down a bit, but if it is completely unprofitable, what is the point?

Umpire
12.27.2011 , 09:49 AM | #5
Were there any numbers on how hard it's getting nerfed? I'm 400 and the biggest gain I ever got was 5K (6k minus 1k cost). Thats not ridiculous. Is it garbage now?
The F_Swag Stream. High Caliber PVP and PVE.
[Fancy] Swag, The Turks | Powertech | Jedi Covenant

blackwaltz
12.27.2011 , 09:50 AM | #6
Slicing is barely profitable as it is if it's not going to actually make any money, whats the point of having it in the first place? Expensive augments that 90% of the gear you see can't use or the odd crew mission? Maybe it's time to rework slicing completely?

Drewser
12.27.2011 , 09:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gumnutza View Post
I'll hold back my opinion until I actually test it out myself. But from the description in the patch notes it sounds like you won't be able to make any credits slicing now. I don't understand the point of having slicing in the game if that is true. I agree that it needed to be toned down a bit, but if it is completely unprofitable, what is the point?
Don't get carried away.

Shushuking
12.27.2011 , 09:51 AM | #8
good thing i made my million before the nerf XD

JamieKirby
12.27.2011 , 09:52 AM | #9
Oh Well, i guess going broke now and my gear is no longer going to be upgraded, personally think bioware was stupid to do this, i never craft, find it boring and the other gathering skills clutter the inventory, which means, i will no longer have any crew skills.

so, my 200k will slowly dwindle down to nothing.....bravo bioware, bravo.

all my character skills cost like 7-10k each and that is going lower my 200k by quite ALOT.

Why they listen to the minority is beyond me.

gumnutza
12.27.2011 , 09:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
Don't get carried away.
"Slicing

Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills."

You don't craft anything with Slicing that you can sell, you get lock boxes and augments (that don't sell very well) So if they bring it in line with other gathering skills, the lockbox might very well be worth less than the cost to send your companion on the mission. As I said, I haven't seen the changes first hand yet, so maybe I am reading to much into it.